Give your creativity juice a pump and create well-designed pages with these 33 cool scrapbook ideas. They’re sure worth your time, effort, and money!
33 Creative Scrapbook Ideas Every Crafter Should Know
My daughter came to me with a project they have for school, a scrapbook. So, we had our creative juices flowing and worked on her project all night. It turned out better than we expected. So, I’m sharing these 33 scrapbook ideas I found, from scrapbook layout ideas to page ideas, I’m sure your scrapbook will turn out extra special.
If you don’t want to make flowers from papers, why not press real flowers for your scrapbook project? You can press flowers using a flat iron, flower press, or with wax paper. Pressed flowers will definitely add an extra special touch to your scrapbook design.
Note: Be very careful when handling pressed flowers as they are very fragile.
- Echo Park Paper Company CA70016 Creative Agenda Collection Scrapbooking Kit
- Collection Kit includes 12 12"x12" double-sided patterned papers, one 12"x12" element sticker, and one 12"x12" alpha sticker
- Echo Park Paper Company
2. Try These Border Ideas
Working with a plain white paper? It shouldn’t remain like that. Why not, outline the edges of your scrapbook pages with watercolor to give it a whimsical design. Draw freehand some stripes, vines, or ribbons and paint it with watercolor. These border designs add so much style to your scrapbook layout edges.
- 16 White 12x12 Jeeped pages
- 16 Page Protectors
- Sized to fit any True 12x12 Creative Memories? Coversets or Fast2Fab Albums
- Photo-safe (acid-free, lignin-free, buffered paper)
- Lifetime guarantee, Made in the USA
3. Use Buttons
Make cute shapes and design pages with colorful buttons. Glue or thread your buttons into your paper and photos to add color and create a stunning design on your scrapbook page. Use different colors and kinds of craft buttons to showcase your photos.
4. Use Tabs
This is a fun way to make your scrapbook. Save space and wow anyone who looks at it. Use a washi tape to stick photos on a page, and create a mini flipbook within the pages of your scrapbook. You can also create tabs on each photo to add a little description on it.
- Refill for The Tape Runner
- 34 feet of adhesive
- 90-day guarantee against manufacturing defects
5. Paper Flowers
A staple in every scrapbook. Grab a scrapbook paper and paper flower punches to cut out flower shapes. Make as many flowers as you want. Then, layer and glue the flowers together, or pierce a hole in the center and put a brad. Make these beautiful paper flowers with the kids.
6. The Pencil Eraser Design
They used it to design a tote bag but who said it won’t work in a scrapbook. Grab a thick heart template and lay it on the paper. Then, dip the eraser into a paint, press it starting on the edge of the heart, all the way around the template. Make several prints until you are out of paint. Once you’re done, remove the heart template and you should have a beautiful heart shape. Try it in other shapes, too.
- Holds 12" x 12" paper for scrapbooking or other paper crafts
- Archival safe, great for document and photo storage
- Bulk storage for scrapbooking, office supplies, and more
- 5 piece set in assorted colors
- 14.25"L x 14"W x 3.25"H (36.2 x 35.6 x 8.26 cm)
7. Travel Scrapbook
Want a theme? Make a scrapbook of the places you’ve visited or planning to visit. It would be so much fun! You can include things like leaves, sand, clouds, or stones! Anything goes with this design.
8. Heart Butterflies
Did you know you can make cute little butterflies with your heart puncher? Interesting, right? Simply fold a patterned paper in half and partially punching the heart shape. Add a little twine to make the body and antennae.
- THE MOST COLORS SET: Shuttle Art 120 Unique Gel Pen Set contains 120 INDIVIDULE colors, enjoys the most on Amazon! Each pen enjoys a unique color, which brings much more fun for Adult book Coloring, Scrap booking, Sketching, Doodling, Drawing, Writing, and all the other art designs.
- THE MOST COLOR TYPES: It includes 9 color types ,becomes the most on Amazon! Abundant colors with so many vibrant inks, you cannot imagine! We have glitter, neon glitter, metallic, neon, pastel, swirl, standard, unique, and the magical. The last two color types are the ones you CANNOT get from any other brands of gel pen set!
- CUTE PACKING: It's convenient and easy taking. What's more, it does NOT need big space to lay when you use.
- VALUE PACK WITH SUPERIOR QUALITY: Long lasting, durable tips, smooth writing, non-toxic, acid free.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We will handle and solve all the product' problems immediately for you. If it's still unsatisfactory we will provide full refund.
9. Chevron Pattern
Got some paper scraps? Don’t throw them away. Make it useful by turning them into these adorable chevron pattern design. Simply cut patterned paper into strips and segments, and line the paper pieces to create stripes to your scrapbook page. One of the most wonderful scrapbook ideas!
10. Faux-Quilting Technique
If you don’t want to make a chevron pattern, here’s another brilliant idea on how you can use your paper scraps – faux-quilting technique. Transform your scrapbook page into a cozy creation with a few patterned paper scraps, dimensional adhesive and a sewing machine. Simply, adhere your patterned paper squares with dimensional adhesive to create a quilted look. Then, stitch the squares to the page and rough up the edges to get a bit more of a fabric feel. Repeat the process until you achieve a full paper quilt.
11. Embroidered Map
This was done as an artwork but why should it stop you from stealing this idea and add it to your scrapbook? Grab a needle and poke some holes in the map along the route. Then, sew the map along the route using a back stitch. Finish off by embellishing the map with an X at your destination.
- 30 UNIQUE COLORS: A full rainbow of 30 unique eye-catching vibrant solid and pearl colors at your disposal. Each bold colors bottle features a user friendly marker pen style fine squeeze tip and the precision tip makes it easy to doodle, draw and write. Color set also includes 3 quality artist paint bushes to spread or blend the colors if needed.
- FUN, SAFE and EASY TO USE: Crazy Colors 3D Fabric Paints are completely kid safe, as they are oderless, non-toxic and conform to ASTM D4236 certifications for art products. They are suitable for children 3 and above. Children, adults, art students, artists and teachers love our 3D fabric paint because the application is easy, and it's fun to create exceptional vibrant visual projects with them.
- PERMANENT 3D EFFECTS: Easily create detailed raised puffy 3D shiny permanent, yet flexible designs that won't crack or peel and are also machine washable. They're perfect for the young aspiring artist to the established art professional and make a great gift item, as they are fun to use at parties.
- UNLIMITED USES: Let your imagination run wild when using these 3D fabic paint colors, as they can be used on almost any material including fabric, textiles, T-shirts, canvas, wood, cramic, glass, paper, poster and more. They're ideal for 3D art and craft doodling, drawing, writing, manga, comic, adult coloring books or anything else that allows you to show off your creative side and produce stunning artwork!
- RISK FREE PURCHASE - 100% LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We're so confident that you'll be delighted with our Crazy Colors 3D Fabric Paint that if you're not satisfied with it at anytime, we'll provide a full refund.
12. DIY Mini Hangers
Aren’t they just adorable? Turn plain paperclips into wonderful mini hangers, make a few and add it as a cool embellishment to your scrapbook. To make mini hangers, you only need paper clips and pliers. All you need is to extend the paper clip and bend it accordingly. Then, use your pliers to make a hook. Isn’t this one of the most ingenious scrapbook ideas?
13. The Things I Love
Want to start your scrapbook but not really know what it is about? Why not start with the things you love? I’m sure you’ll be able to make a lot out of that idea. Keep adding photos with beautiful memories and a lot of love with your family and friends!
— DIY Projects (@DIYProjectsCom) March 21, 2017
- Filmstrip Live Laugh Love design cover measuring 13.5x12.5 Inches with two 3.5x2.5 Inch photo openings
- Includes ten 12x12 Inch top loading vinyl page protectors with 10 heavy white paper inserts
- Archival quality, acid-free pages with a 3 post bound construction for easy expansion
- Expandable with MCS Extra Page Sheets #899676
- Clear dust jacket
14. Use Leaves
Why spend money when nature is giving you all the supplies you need. Gather some leaves and use punchers with different shapes for your scrapbook design. You can use paper stamps to get cute designs from your leaves!
15. Ombre Paint Chip Design
Head over to your local hardware store for some paint chips. Emily Grace from Grace and Good Eats may have used paint chips to make cute little note cards, but I’m sure they will also look perfect in your scrapbook. Make a few punches on the paint chips and create a wonderful layout.
16. Diamond Twine
Aren’t they just adorable? Grab a few craft papers and cut several diamond shapes. Use the cuts as a template to trim your photos with the same shape and size. To create a diamond pattern, use the twine to create the grid, then add your photos and embellishments. And, you’re done!
17. Watercolor Design
Get creative with your life story by using a doily as a mask and paint over the doily a wash color for a unique design. Use a heavy, textured paper with watercolors. This is just a simple trick, but it adds so much flair to your scrapbook pages.
18. Woven Flower
If you really love flowers, here’s a quick and easy DIY tutorial that uses paper flowers and some ribbons. Simply cut slits in the tip of each petal, and punch a hole in the center. Weave the ribbon all the way around your flower. Then, grab some adhesive and glue down your smaller center flower. Lastly, decorate the center of the flower with anything you want. You’ve got yourself a new woven flower.
19. DIY Sand Pocket
Love going to the beach? If you also take a bit of sand every time you visit, add it to your scrapbook. Simply get a plastic film and tape them with some washi tape to seal the sand inside. You may also add a label with the place you collected the sand, along with the date.
20. Washi Tape Banner
Be festive and make a cute little banner with different colored washi tapes. Grab some washi tapes, cut small strips and tape it over twine to create a beautiful washi tape banner. Use a single or different patterns on every page to get varying and creative looks.
21. Photo Map
Use a map as a background for your scrapbook. It’s a great reminder of the places you have or will be visiting. Add a sticky note beside every photo to indicate the date and activities you have done!
22. Photo Strips
Let your creativity go with the scraps and create a beautiful layout design. You may create the layout digitally, but it’s more fun to make it with your hands. Simply cut one of your photos to create strips and group them together. Using photo strips as your background is a fun and creative technique to frame your photos.
23. Band Individual Letter Stamps
To create a perfect word alignment, band together individual letter stamps. Banding together all the letters and stamping the whole word at once helps ensure the letters have good spacing on your scrapbook page.
Note: Make sure to roll the stamp onto your ink pad several times to make sure it’s completely covered with ink.
24. DIY Decorative Clips
Create decorative clips to hold photos. These clips are so easy and quick to put together. You only need a few larger sized paper clips, scraps, some embellishments to decorate with, and a stapler, to create these adorable DIY decorative clips!
25. Use Photo Tiles
For that unique and elegant effect, display photo tiles. To start, choose a photo you want to use, place it face down on a flat surface, draw a grid over the photo and cut it into small squares. Then, have fun rearranging these individual squares, or sections of photos, like tiles on a floor. One of the most beautiful scrapbook ideas!
26. Make Envelopes from Old Magazine
Perfect place to hold your summer pictures. To get started, all you need is an old magazine, scissors, an envelope, a glue stick and a sharpie. Open up an envelope apart and trace it on a magazine page. Cut around the outline, fold down the four sides, then glue the edges of the flaps together. Done! You just made your own envelope!
27. Scrapbook with Plenty of colors
Summer is always fun and lively, so display fun and bright colors. Using bright and colorful layout is a brilliant technique to convey happiness, energy, and excitement. So, experiment and enjoy using color!
28. Apply Monotone Color Scheme
Pick a monotone color scheme to let photos truly shine. Staying in a monochromatic color scheme makes you focus on using embellishments in a more elegant and creative way. Choose one color, perhaps, the color that conveys the emotions of the person in the photo, and play around its shades to add attractiveness to the layout. This technique makes your photo stand out!
29. Photos In A Circle
Circle it is! The shape of the summer, reminiscent of suns & water bubbles. Great way to display your photos in it. Draw a cluster of circles and arranging them to abut one another. Top some of the circles with your photos and some with patterned papers. You may add a few smaller circles and embellishments to finish it off.
30. Add A Burst Of Sunshine
Summer sunshine will surely brighten your scrapbook. Create radiating bands using some paper scraps and place your photo at the center of the burst pattern. The burst emphasizes the photo as the focal point and creates energy, too!
31. Add Other Nature Embellishments
Bring a unique charm and some texture to your scrapbook layouts using flowers, leaves, starfish, butterflies, ladybugs, and other objects that come from nature, as natural embellishments. You can either attach them using a brad or glue them to the page directly. They will definitely add texture and color to your scrapbook page.
Note: All natural materials must be kept dry.
32. Design A Fun Popsicle Page
Popsicles are fun scrapbook page perfect for summer or you can use your favorite recipe with a photo of being eaten. Whip up as many popsicles as you can and display them on your scrapbook page. All you need are cardstock, mini popsicle sticks, gel pen, nail file, oval punch, and a glue. So, keep the seasonal treats going! One of the best scrapbook ideas!
33. Don’t Forget the Water Fun Activities
Summer would never be completed without you getting wet! So, scrapbooking your water fun activities is a must. Adding some colors and layout designs would help you tell these summer splashin’ stories. All you need are yellow and blue gelatos, a brush and some water, to create a bubbly water feel in the layout.
Note: This design may be ideal for the summer season, but feel free to change the theme according to the season. This is one of my favorite scrapbook ideas for summer!
Watch this video from Craft Daily and learn more scrapbook ideas using unique techniques:
So, get ready to showcase your photos and document those beautiful memories with these 33 creative scrapbook ideas. Experiment, have some fun, and let your creativity flow on your next scrapping session. Your guests will surely enjoy viewing your photos as much as you do when decorating them.
Which of these scrapbook ideas is perfect for your special photograph? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for DIY picture frame ideas? Check out this DIY Picture Frame Craft Idea with Mosaic Tiles!