Ditch the traditional bottle of wine and be thoughtfully generous with these hostess gifts that will surely merit you a repeat invite!
Hostess Gifts To Spread Holiday Cheer
Unique Hostess Gifts You Can Make
If your holiday shopping (or, in my case, DIY-ing) list is anything like mine, you'll realize how easy it is to forget something for at least one person. So when you find out you don't have something for the hostess of the holiday party you're attending, it's easy for panic to set in. No worries! I totally got you covered. Here are 21 gifts you can easily DIY and validate any hostess' efforts to entertain!
1. DIY Funfetti Candle
This lovely funfetti candle is really quite whimsical! It's a quick, easy, and fun, project — plus, it's simply adorable. Make sure to add a few drops of your host's favorite essential oil to make it even more special.
- Ships in Amazon Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
2. Artisan Hot Cocoa Kit
This artisan hot cocoa mix is a real crowd-pleaser — who doesn’t love hot chocolate? Simply head to your grocery store and grab a few ingredients, then layer them into small mason jars. Once you close the lid, decorate it any way you wish to please your hostess. This kit comes with cinnamon and marshmallow for extra sweetness.
- ONE OF A KIND GIFT - Includes hot cocoa mug, 10 servings of our gourmet hot cocoa mix + vegan vanilla marshmallows
- FREE SHIPPING - Arrives via USPS 2-day!
- THE PERFECT GIFT - A lovely gift for the holiday season.
- NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS - Our treats are free of artificial colors, flavors and corn-syrup.
- ARTISAN MADE - House made cocoa mix features a single-origin Peruvian cocoa, a touch of organic sugar and a hint of vanilla. Comes with handmade gelatin-free marshmallows in vanilla and peppermint.
3. Homemade Sugar Scrub
This homemade sugar scrub is made using all natural ingredients, and only three of them — sugar, olive oil, and coconut oil. These natural ingredients have skin-soothing properties which not only cleanse the skin but also keep it moisturized. It is a perfect gift for any hostess who needs a bit of pampering.
4. Mason Jar Utensil Holders
Mason jars are amazingly popular right now and I'm sure any hostess would appreciate getting not just a wonderful present, but a pretty functional one, too. If you have mason jars cluttering up your cupboard, better give this project a go.
- DECORATIVE MASON JAR - Deliciously stylish kitchen décor, this wide mouth utensil holder in attractive mason jar design is perfect for your vintage, Art Deco, traditional or shabby chic kitchen
- OPTIMAL DESIGN - This kitchenware organizer is designed to make your work in the kitchen easier; enjoy wide mouth design to fit 10+ kitchen utensils and dishwasher safe convenience
- STURDY CERAMIC - This vintage mason jar is made from thick and strong ceramic treated to resist chipping and fading; sturdy design is built to last and be a part of your kitchen for years to come
- PERFECT KITCHEN / COOKWARE GIFT - Everyone wants to stock their kitchen with quality kitchenware items, this wide mouth mason jar not only looks great, it's durable and functional also
- LARGE SIZE - Generous 4" diameter entry flares to 5" around below the neck, with total height of 7"; perfect to neatly store and organize kitchen utensils and tools, have everything handy in one place
5. Cozy Fringed Flannel Scarf
Help your host stay warm as the weather starts to become colder. This easy sewing project gives you both fashion and comfort — plus, the fringe adds style to any outfit.
- SIZE AND COLORS: 51.2" x 59" with 3.9" fringes x2, 130cmx150cm with 10cm fringes x2. in rich and elegant high sheen Color way, suitable for couch, sofa , bed and travel . It also makes the perfect gift for your family and friends
- MATERIAL: Made of 100% Acrylic . Knitted Woven Acrylic ，It's incredibly soft, wrinkle and fade resistant, doesn't shed, and is suitable for all seasons. This classic knit throw will keep you warm and cozy. Made from a soft acrylic fabric this knit throw provides comfort and style. Wrap yourself in lightweight warmth and sensuous softness with this classic woven throw with a fringed hem
- CLASSIC DECOR: Home decorative throw with classic Knit Design and iridescent sheen.
- ANJUREN Acrylic Throws have soft spun, silky thread with an iridescent sheen and feature fringe on the ends for a casual look that's perfect for everyday living. Their light-weight design means they are not bulky but keep you cozy and warm. Bed, sofa or recliner, whatever your favorite spot to lounge, you're sure to love up under this luxurious throw.
- EASY CARE: machine wash cold ,gentle cycle . only non-chlorine bleach when needed, wash with like colors, tumble dry low ,remove promptly . cool Iron as needed
6. Fabric Wall Art
Surprise your hostess with beautiful wall art that matches her home decor. A fabric wall art is a quick and simple DIY home decor sure to give a blank wall some personality.
7. DIY Koozies
Personalize one of these easy-to-make DIY koozies for your busy hostess' cup. You can also make a set for her next barbecue or tea party with these creative hostess gifts.
What Is Koozie? It is a sleeve that insulates a beverage can or bottle.
8. Personalized Tote Bags
Does your hostess love tote bags? I'm sure she will have room for two more. Create a tote bag in two ways: basic tote and boxed out tote bag. These personalized tote bags will ensure she has room to carry all her essentials every day.
- 22" Wide x14" Tall x 7" Deep
- Available Blank or Personalized
- Top Zipper Closure - Lined with Slip Pocket Inside
- Canvas & Burlap
9. Mason Jar Terrarium
When the weather outside is frightful and it's impossible to grow anything, giving a little greenery to your hostess is positively delightful. These blooming gardens inside a glass jar will add some wonderful cheer and warmth during the cold days of winter. These make adorable little hostess gifts!
10. Homemade Caramel Sauce
Caramel is tasty and very useful to any dessert recipe. Whip up a homemade caramel sauce in just 3 easy steps. Give your guest the gift of being able to enjoy a warm, homemade hostess gift without any unexpected ingredients. This Homesteading easy tutorial will make you wonder why you haven’t made this recipe a part of your cooking sooner.
11. DIY Infused Booze
Why bring a bottle of wine when you can blend your own mixed liquor? Get creative and put on your mixologist hat. Your trial and error with your own infused booze will surely come to a fruitful end and any hostess will be happy to receive the finished product!
12. Wood Burned Kitchen Spoons
These are perfect to go with your mason jar utensil holders. Any hostess who loves to cook will be delighted to receive a set of these wonderful and useful wood burned kitchen spoons.
13. DIY Sleep Mask
One of the greatest hits among all quick, easy, and impressive hostess gifts — DIY sleep mask. This sleep mask will help any lady feel positively indulgent as gets some much-deserved rest after throwing an incredible party!
14. Wine Bottle Sleeve
If you can't help but bring a bottle of wine, might as well dress it up with this insanely quick project. This wine bottle sleeve is made from a sweater sleeve. Simply cut the sleeves off of your old sweater and use them to encase your bottle.
15. Wooden Coasters
If the weather still allows you to go outside, then use it as an opportunity to collect some fallen branches and transform them into these rustic wooden coasters. I'm sure there are no greener hostess gifts than this!
16. Etched Glass Dish
I think this customized etched glass dish is my favorite on this list. Check out how many of your friends will take your dish to the next potluck! Wait 'til you see how easy it is to create this home!
17. Potted Paperwhites
I'm sure you already know that I am a huge fan of homemade gifts. If you bring me this Anthropology mug with bulbs already planted in it, I would be a very happy camper! You don't have to use paperwhites, you can replace it with any bulb plant.
18. DIY Tea Towels
Beautiful tea towels are practical and functional hostess gifts. They're highly customizable depending on the season, or to match your hostess's home decor.
19. Cinnamon Stick Candleholders
These adorable candleholders will light up a holiday banquet, while the added aroma of cinnamon will keep your hostess' home smelling great. I'm loving this idea so much!
20. DIY Hot Pads
Hot pads are another functional and practical gift. Your hostess can put them to good use immediately. This amazing tutorial will teach you how to transform an inexpensive pair of hot pads into something interesting. This gift would be perfect hostess gifts for any occasion.
21. DIY Zipper Pouch
Help your hostess say goodbye to fumbling through her purse for random things with this super useful zipper pouch to hold her little items. You can even personalize it with a unique print you know she’ll love and appreciate.
Still got time for more sure winner hostess gifts? Check out this video from WhatsUpMOms:
I sincerely hope that I have helped you start your holidays off on the right foot. You can start making these hostess gifts now for a stress-free holiday season. These DIY hostess gift ideas will show nothing but pure gratitude.
Which of these hostess gifts are you interested in making? Let us know in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 20, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.