Interested in homemade delicious hot sauce recipes? If you’ve been buying hot sauce from the store, you’re missing out on a lot. Our family loves to eat spicy foods. There’s never a time that we run out of hot sauce in the house. Whenever I do our grocery list I see to it that I include hot sauce every time.
There was one incident though that changed our view on store-bought hot sauce forever. We got invited to our friend’s home for dinner and they also love to eat spicy food. At the dinner table, I noticed a peculiar looking bottle with sauce in it. So, curious old me inquired about it and I found out that my friend has been making her own hot sauce at home.
And it’s so much better! I asked for her recipe and now I just can’t get enough of all the kinds of hot sauce recipes out there. If you want to start making a homemade hot sauce for your family, let me help you out. This list has the best hot sauce recipes you can ever make and taste. Get ready to add a little more spice to your life!
Hot Sauce Recipes | How to Make Hot Sauce
- 24-PACK VALUE BUNDLE: Get two dozen 5-ounce glass bottles
- DRIPPER INSERTS: Very sturdy push-in style dripper inserts
- BLACK SHRINK BANDS: Give your product that tamper-evident seal
- RIBBED LIDS WITH ONE-TIME SEAL: Lids create an airtight seal when screwed tightly onto bottle. Food grade, bpa-free line
- GIFT-SIZED: 5-ounce hot sauce bottles are an ideal size for presents, table serving, and samplers.
1. Sriracha Hot Sauce
2. Passion Fruit Hot Sauce
Want a little exotic taste in your hot sauce? Make the perfect sauce for chicken and steak. Try this recipe made with passion fruit to give those taste buds a unique spicy treat. Get the recipe here.
- 2 PACK - squeeze bottles are ideal for controlled dispensing of ketchup, mustard, mayo and dressing on sandwiches and salads. Caps prevent spillage and keep the contents fresh.
- Great for homes, restaurants, fast food joints, diners, catering, buffets
- Perfect for holding all condiments: BBQ sauce, olive oil, ketchup, mustard, mayo, hot sauce, soy sauce, pancake mix, maple syrup, salad dressing, ranch, etc.
- RISK-FREE WARRANTY ensures your satisfaction. If Prep Naturals Squeeze Dispenser Bottles do not meet your expectations, contact us for replacement or full refund of your purchase price.
3. Caribbean Carrot + Habanero Hot Sauce
If you want a hot sauce that’s very very spicy, set your mouth on fire with this Caribbean carrot habanero hot sauce recipe. This habanero and cooked carrots combo will surprise even super hot sauce lovers out there. Check it out here.
4. Nasturtium Hot Sauce
Did you know that you can make hot sauce with flowers? Harvest a bunch of flowers and take the time to try something new. This will make a lovely, spicy sauce! Check the recipe here.
5. Garlic-Habanero Hot Sauce
If you want a hot sauce you can add to your everyday meals, this is it. Add some garlic flavor and heat to your everyday food. Get the recipe here.
- Sold by the each.
- Great on all types of foods, Burgers, Fish, other foods.
- Ingredients: Mango, pineapple, red habanero peppers, vinegar, salt, sugar
- Each Hot Sauce comes with a mini bible key chain
- Delicious mango flavor that can be use as dipping sauces for your favorite snacks
6. Mango Habanero Hot Sauce
Up for another unique habanero sauce recipe? A smooth and creamy hot sauce made with a mango base that’s perfect for fish tacos or as a nacho filling. Check the recipe here.
7. Jalapeno Hot Sauce
The great flavor of Jalapenos makes up this one of a kind recipe. This fermented hot sauce has strong flavors of garlic, onions, and the tangy flavor of vinegar you won’t get anywhere else. Recipe here.
- 24 Empty Hot Sauce Bottles, Clear Glass, Packed in Sturdy Case with Partitions
- Capacity: 5 Fl Oz, Bottle Dimensions: 6.68" Height x 1.81" Diameter
- Includes Dripper Inserts and Black Screw Caps with Food Grade Liner
- Great for Bottling Your Homemade Hot Sauce!
8. Homemade Hot Pepper Sauce
If you love Frank’s red hot sauce, you’ll love this homemade version better. Folks at parties and barbecues are surely going to love this flavorful and simple hot chili sauce recipe. Get the recipe here.
9. Colombian Hot Sauce
Have you tasted Colombian empanadas? This hot sauce recipe makes them an absolutely delicious treat. Get the taste of Columbia with this easy-to-make, one of the best hot sauce recipes around. Check it here.
10. Louisiana-Style Hot Sauce
Cayennes are one of the best substitutes for tabasco chiles in this tasty recipe. Customize this recipe to whatever chili you prefer. Try this hot sauce recipe that will last one month refrigerated. Get the recipe here.
11. Tobasco-Style Homemade Lacto-Fermented Hot Sauce
Get the spiciness of Tabasco and the flavors of probiotic goodness with this amazing recipe. You’ll have to wait about one to two weeks, but it’s worth it. Check out the recipe here.
12. Roasted Green Chile Hot Sauce
Need something to pair with Mexican dishes? You’ll love the smoky goodness of this roasted green chile hot sauce. Even just a little amount can go a long way. Get the recipe here.
13. Peach Hot Sauce
The sweetness of peach and the spiciness of habanero combined in this homemade hot sauce you’ll want to drizzle on everything. Check the recipe here.
14. Chili Verde Hot Sauce
Make a batch of this hot sauce and take your cooking to the next level. It has a great dimension of flavors and is one of the best hot sauce recipes around. Click here for the recipe.
Check out this short video by Delish on how to make mango habanero hot sauce:
Have you chosen your favorite on this list? It’s a hot sauce haven for all spicy food lovers out there. Take your pick or feel free to learn your favorite recipe. I say, try them all and be a certified hot sauce guru!
Did you like our list of hot sauce recipes? Let us know in the comments section below what your thoughts are on these homemade hot sauce ideas!
Up Next: DIY- Make Your Own Mango Butter
We love doing cool DIY projects like craft projects, home decor projects, upcycling ideas, recipes, tutorials, and anything you can do yourself.
That’s why we created this site, we want people to be more in touch with their creative side and realize that there’s a lot of things that they can do themselves. We’d love to hear from you and create a community of DIY enthusiasts where any project is just a click away. Stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2015 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.