Making Mango Butter
The tutorial below is taken from yesmissy.com. We'll provide enough information to get you started on your mango butter creation. However,You can check out the full tutorial on her site and don't forget to leave feedback below.
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup mango butter
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 20-25 drops mango essence oil
- whisk or electric mixer
- stirring spoon
- glass bowl
- mixing bowl
- large pot
- air tight jar for storage
Mango Body Butter Instructions:
1. Fill your pot with water so it’s about 1/3 -1/2 full and your glass bowl can sit in it half immersed. Then take your shea butter and mango butter and place them in glass bowl. Turn your stove on to medium heat and bring the water to a low boil to melt your butters down. Stir often while melting.
2. When the butters are completely melted, carefully remove your glass bowl from the pot of hot water. Stir in the almond oil and 20-25 drops of mango essense oil.
3. All the mixture to cool by chilling in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
4. Once the mixture has cooled, whip it with an electric mixer or whisk until you have soft peaks and a creamy texture.
Now it’s ready to massage it into your skin for some body butter bliss.
To store, place in an airtight container and set in a cool place—it should keep for about 3-4 months.
More diy articles you might have missed.