Put your home cooking skills to good use with these recipes for early fall and in-season fruits and veggies in rich supply.
In this article:
- Upside Down Plum Cake Recipe
- Salmon with Caramelized Shallot Relish
- Zucchini Agrodolce Recipe
- Farro with Tomatoes, Sausage, and Kale
- Fig and Cantaloupe Salad with Watercress and Creamy Garlic-Lime Dressing
- Japanese Curry Rice Recipe
- Eggs Benedict Recipe
- Double Chocolate Brownie Waffles Recipe
- Turkey Shawarma Sandwich with Pork Belly and Enhanced Mayo
- Eggplant with Balsamic and Capers Recipe
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Anchovies
- Potatoes Five Ways
- Chicken Roasted on a Bed of Vegetables
- Pickled Corn Succotash Salad Recipe
- Fig and Pistachio Tart Recipe
- Greens-Potato Hash with Fried Eggs and Potato Chip Breadcrumbs
- Ginger Melon Sangria Recipe
- Butternut Squash and Crispy Sage Pizza
- Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber, and Avocado
- Delicious Corn Soup
- Goat Cheese, Beet, and Honey-Drizzled Tarts
- Shrimp Rolls
- Zucchini Ricotta Fritters
- Rice Pudding with Honey and Pears
- Grilled Cheeseburger
- Salted Caramel Apple Pies
- Rosemary Beet Chips
- Salted Chocolate Tart with Kettle Chip Crust
- Fennel with Parmesan and Thyme
- Portuguese Baked Eggs
Recipes for Early Fall to Try In-Season Harvest with
Cook In-Season Fruits and Veggies with Easy Recipes for Fall
Fall means the start of sweater season, and what do we do in this season? Eat! And we love to eat a lot.
Since some fruits and veggies are also bountiful this season, better take the chance right? So, we've gathered easy recipes for early fall you should be tying along with the fruits in season.
From classic fall recipes to healthy fall recipes and fall appetizers down to desserts, I have something for you on this list I collected over a period. If you want to get cooking now, this list of easy and delicious recipes for early fall is what you need.
If you're also struggling with early fall menu ideas, look no further, because we have the list for you to cook for every day of the month. And in case you're not aware of what's in season, here's a quick look:
- Summer squash
- Winter squash
1. Upside Down Plum Cake Recipe
2. Salmon with Caramelized Shallot Relish
This may be a recipe for summer but what's to stop you from making this for the start of fall. This recipe idea is simply delicious.
Just imagine salmon with garlic butter and the relish which goes on top. This easy fall recipe will blow your mind.
3. Zucchini Agrodolce Recipe
4. Farro with Tomatoes, Sausage, and Kale
5. Fig and Cantaloupe Salad with Watercress and Creamy Garlic-Lime Dressing
— DIY Projects (@DIYProjectsCom) January 2, 2016
6. Japanese Curry Rice Recipe
If you're looking to go Japanese for dinner tonight, we've got the perfect dinner recipe for you.
You'll be surprised how easy it is to make the best Japanese curry rice in the comforts of your kitchen. The secret? Japanese curry roux.
7. Eggs Benedict Recipe
8. Double Chocolate Brownie Waffles Recipe
9. Turkey Shawarma Sandwich with Pork Belly and Enhanced Mayo
If you're looking for something new for your turkey club sandwich, you should try this shawarma sandwich with pork belly. Try one today and by the day after Thanksgiving you've perfected the recipe ready for what's left of the dinner turkey.
10. Eggplant with Balsamic and Capers Recipe
The sweet and mild flavor of these eggplants will leave you wanting more for sure. This is one healthy vegetable recipe you can make in a pan and the balsamic vinegar will make the difference in this one.
11. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Anchovies
12. Potatoes Five Ways
If you're looking for cheap dinner ideas, start your search with potatoes. They are inexpensive, readily available, especially if you are also a DIY gardener, and they store well.
Potatoes are also the ultimate comfort food but don't underestimate them because you can serve them on a special meal these fall Holidays. Here's how you can prepare perfect potatoes five ways for any occasion.
13. Chicken Roasted on a Bed of Vegetables
14. Pickled Corn Succotash Salad Recipe
15. Fig and Pistachio Tart Recipe
If you have some homegrown figs, then you cannot miss out on this recipe. But, figs are abundant this season, it's still a shame to miss out on this recipe altogether.
You'll savor every bite of this sweet fig and pistachio tart, and you can thank me after.
RELATED: 20 Sweet Treats To Bake This Fall
16. Greens-Potato Hash with Fried Eggs and Potato Chip Breadcrumbs
Have you ever had potato chips for breakfast? Here's a must-try for fall–greens-potato hash with fried eggs and potato chip bread crumbs.
This easy fall recipe may make you want to add potato chips to all your dishes.
17. Ginger Melon Sangria Recipe
This ginger melon sangria not only looks but tastes like Summer. We'll surely drink this fall cocktail for a summer feel all season long.
18. Butternut Squash and Crispy Sage Pizza
Who knew the perfect healthy fall recipe can be this pizza? If it's pizza, we're in! Help yourself to this butternut squash recipe with crispy sage and savor the flavors of autumn.
19. Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber, and Avocado
This healthy dinner recipe is something you can eat every day. We love how delicious this salad is and we know you will too, so follow the step-by-step instructions here.
20. Delicious Corn Soup
21. Goat Cheese, Beet, and Honey-Drizzled Tarts
We love puff pastries and we suspect this puff pastry recipe will be your next favorite. It's because, the ingredients, from goat cheese, beet, and honey, all rule the list of healthy foods everywhere.
22. Shrimp Rolls
23. Zucchini Ricotta Fritters
Chips are comforting but you need to lay off the carbs sometimes, so here's a healthy fall recipe with the charm of comfort food but with the benefits of vegetables. This easy zucchini ricotta fritters recipe is also one of the best healthy recipes you can make for a quick lunch.
24. Rice Pudding with Honey and Pears
We believe, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so here's another breakfast recipe you should try. This is an easy and healthy rice pudding recipe with lots of fresh pears and pistachios on top.
25. Grilled Cheeseburger
26. Salted Caramel Apple Pies
This is a great fall dessert recipe we all love, of course. Apple pies are simply the dessert staple of autumn.
And, with all the apples available, this salted caramel apple hand pie recipe isn't one to pass.
27. Rosemary Beet Chips
28. Salted Chocolate Tart with Kettle Chip Crust
29. Fennel with Parmesan and Thyme
Any fall recipe sounds good to us with cheese and this baked fennel with parmesan and thyme is no different. Although, the herbs are what gave it the edge, plus you'll also love how easy this is to make.
30. Portuguese Baked Eggs
If you're looking for another healthy breakfast recipe, here's another delicious and perfect one for the cool fall days. And you know what we say about breakfast, so enjoy this Portuguese baked eggs recipe!
Want more treats for fall? Try these three easy fall sheet pan dinners in this video from MissLizHeart:
If you're always on the lookout for recipes for early fall, now you know we have it here. It's raining seasonal fruits and veggies this season and there's nothing like eats you homecooked with little expense.
Enjoy the bountiful fruits of the season, the savings, and the compliments of your pleased diners enjoying your home-cooked meals this season!
Which recipes for early fall are you trying tonight? Let us know in the comments section below!
- DIY Leaf Bowl | An Instant Fall Favorite Holiday Decor
- 11 Pumpkin Dessert Recipes + QUIZ: Which Fall Dessert Should You Make?
- 11 Crazy Simple And Super Delicious Camping Snacks | Camping Food Recipes
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on September 12, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.