Paint chip crafts are fun and cheap! Keep track of your hectic schedule with this reusable dry-erase calendar that’s made out of paint swatches or paint chips. You’ll never have to buy a calendar again! This DIY project is super easy to make and will look perfect on any wall − in your kids’ room (or yours) or your office. This also makes a great DIY home decor since it’s eye-catching and colorful. Read on and learn to make this colorful and convenient DIY paint chip art calendar below.
DIY Paint Chip Calendar | A Step-by-Step Guide
What You’ll Need for this Paint Chip Calendar Tutorial:
- 1 large 12″ x 16″ picture frame
- 35 paint swatches/paint chips (variety of colors)
- scotch tape
- dry-erase marker
Step 1: Calendar Background
Open the frame and take out the paper (picture) inside. The blank side would make the perfect background for your calendar. Next, measure a piece of the paint chip and cut it into a 3 and a quarter inches on each side square.
Step 2: More Paint Chip Squares
The other paint chips should be about the same size as the first one you made. Now continue cutting until you have 35 paint chip squares.
- Value Pack Contains: 96 - 2.5" Wide Brushes with White Bristles that are 1-1/2" long. All Square trim.
- Great throwaway brush for many projects around the home, business or for industrial use.
- Great utility brushes for use with most paints, Stains, varnish, acrylic and gesso.
- The all-natural china bristles on these chip brushes make them ideal for painting, staining, applying adhesives, cleaning, barbecue,arts,crafts or touch-up work.
- 100% Brand New Pure White Bristles,Wooden handle, made of advanced solid wood, durable and easy to use with tin ferrules nailed to handle.
Step 3: Arrange the Squares
Lay out and affix the paint swatches to the board. Arrange them by placing 5 paint chip squares for each day. You can try different combinations or mixtures of colors.
Make sure you cut scraps into rectangles to label the days of the week at the top of your calendar. You can secure them on your background paper by rolling a piece of scotch tape at the back of each paint chips and sticking them firmly and you’re good to go!
Step 4: Back Inside the Frame
Once it’s secured, place it inside the frame. Make sure the paint chips are facing down on the glass. The next step will show you why the frame is very important in this paint chip DIY.
Step 5: Label your Calendar
Finally, take your dry-erase marker and label your calendar. The glass of the frame acts like a dry-erase board so you can customize your calendar and change it every month!
And you’re done!
There you have it! You’ve just finished your cool DIY project − a fun and colorful paint chip calendar!
- Lea Redmond
- Publisher: Chronicle Books
- Edition no. 0 (09/26/2017)
- Hardcover: 450 pages
Watch another paint chip calendar tutorial in action in this video by WhatsUpMoms:
This colorful DIY paint chip calendar looks better and is more convenient than any other calendar you have on your wall. It’s a good thing that you have the option to customize your own paint chip color combination. All you need to do now is wait for the next month to remake the calendar days.
Did you enjoy our easy DIY paint chip calendar tutorial? Let us know in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on February 8, 2015 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Featured image via Revamperate