Paint chip crafts are fun and cheap. You can make a lot of DIY craft projects with these colorful swatches.
Keep track of your hectic schedule with this reusable dry-erase calendar that’s made out of paint swatches or paint chips! You’ll never have to buy a calendar again! This DIY project is super easy to make and will look perfect on any wall – in your kids’ room (or yours!) or the office! Yes, this also makes a great DIY home decor since it’s eye-catching and colorful.
DIY Paint Chip Calendar | Paint Chip Crafts
Read on and learn how to make this do it yourself, colorful, and convenient paint chip calendar below.
What You’ll Need for this Paint Chip Calendar Tutorial:
- 1 large 12″ x 16″ picture frame
- 35 paint swatches / paint chips (variety of colors)
- scotch tape
- dry-erase marker
- Modern | Pop Art
- Height: 12.25 in. Width: 12.25 in.
- Manufactured by: Waste Not Paper
- Seller SKU: 201800001438
- Paint Chip 2018 Wall Calendar
Open the frame and take out the paper (picture) inside. The blank side would make the perfect background for your calendar. Next, measure a piece of paint chip and cut it into a 3 and a quarter inches on each side square.
Now continue cutting until you have 35 paint chip squares.
- Value Pack Contains: 96 - 2.5" Wide Brushes with White Bristles that are 1-1/2" long. All Square trim.
- Great throwaway brush for many projects around the home, business or for industrial use.
- Great utility brushes for use with most paints, Stains, varnish, acrylic and gesso.
- The all-natural china bristles on these chip brushes make them ideal for painting, staining, applying adhesives, cleaning, barbecue,arts,crafts or touch-up work.
- 100% Brand New Pure White Bristles,Wooden handle, made of advanced solid wood, durable and easy to use with tin ferrules nailed to handle.
Lay out and affix the paint swatches to the board. Arrange them by placing 5 paint chip squares for each day. You can try different combinations or mixtures of colors.
Make sure you cut scraps into rectangles to label the days of the week at the top of your calendar. You can secure them on your background paper by rolling a piece of scotch tape at the back of each paint chips and sticking them firmly and you’re good to go!
Once it’s secured, place it inside the frame.
Finally, take your dry-erase marker and label your calendar. The glass of the frame acts like a dry-erase board so you can customize your calendar and change it every month!
And you’re done!
Alright! There you have it, you’ve just finished your cool DIY project – a fun and colorful paint chip calendar!
- Lea Redmond
- Publisher: Chronicle Books
- Edition no. 0 (09/26/2017)
- Hardcover: 450 pages
photo credit: chicisms
Check out the full video tutorial below from FindingFabulous:
Did you enjoy our easy DIY paint chip calendar tutorial? Let us know in the comments section below what your thoughts are on our paint chip craft. Do you have any other craft projects you’d like to share? Share it with us and we’ll give it a try.
We love doing cool DIY projects by making craft projects, home decor projects, upcycling ideas, recipes, tutorials and anything you can do yourself. That’s why we created this site, we want people to be more in touch with their creative side and realize that there’s a lot of things that they can do themselves. We’d love to hear from you and create a community of DIY enthusiasts where any project is just a click away. Stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
Looking for Cool DIY crafts and projects? Check out some of our other posts below:
Featured image via Revamperate