Fire starters are part of a survivalist’s essentials. Not only can you save money, but you can also make use of the stuff lying around in your own home!
DIY Fire Starter Ideas to Keep You Warm in the Winter
2. Egg Cartons, Dryer Lint and Wax
The egg carton fire starter‘s estimated burning time is 10 minutes. If, however, you didn’t save any dryer lint, you can substitute it with shredded paper.
- 【PRODUCT】- Includes a 39" long cord with easy on-off roller switch, a removable dish for wax melts, and a 3" diam. warming plate for candles.
- 【CAN BE USED THREE WAYS】 - You can add your favorite candle or Jar candle to the warmer or essential oil to the dish; With the 3-in-1 fragrance, the choice is always yours.
- 【STYLISH AND MODERN DESIGN】 - Each 3-in-1 Fragrance Warmer has the functionality and versatility to melt candles; Make a Fashionable statement at home with styles that match any décor.
- 【ODOR ELIMINATING DIFFUSER】- Turn your fragrance warmer on and freshen up your room, home, office, garage, kitchen, basement, or any of your other frequently visited spots. Stop accepting bad smells and attack them head on with fragrance oils, beautifully smelling candles, & pre.
- 【SAFE ECONOMICAL AND VERSATILE】- Eliminates fire hazard, smoke damage, and indoor pollution caused by burning candles indoors; This warmer also fits large and small candle sizes.
3. Corks and Rubbing Alcohol
The cork fire starter’s estimated burning time is two minutes.
4. Pine Cones and Wax
The pine cone fire starter’s estimated burning time is 20 minutes. You can increase the burning time by adding some sawdust while the wax is still melted.
5. Duct Tape and Shredded Paper
Duct tape is an easy and effective way to start your fire. By shredding the tape, you’re essentially making an object where fire can catch easily.
The duct tape fire starter’s estimated burning time is five minutes. You can add an additional layer of cotton to increase burning time.
6. Cotton Pad and Wax
Much like cotton balls, wax-covered cotton pads are also genius fire starters. The cotton pad starter’s estimated burning time is seven minutes.
7. Alcohol-Based Wipes
The wipes fire starter’s estimated burning time is three minutes. If you want to prolong that, you can coat it in some petroleum jelly.
8. Dried Orange Peel
The inside of an orange peel contains D-Limonene which is quite flammable. By simply drying the orange peels, you get an instant DIY fire starter!
Not only is this easy to make, but it’s also useful in terms of driving away mosquitoes and other pests.
9. Dried Herbs and Newspaper
By wrapping dried herbs (e.g. rosemary, sage leaves) in a newspaper, you can easily make your own fire starter. Don’t forget to secure it with a cotton string.
The herb fire starter’s estimated burning time is 4 minutes. Make sure that the herbs are loosely wrapped. This will allow for better airflow, which helps in burning.
- Safe and healthy material: The tray is made of BPA-free plastic, which is an international standard food-grade material, so you have no worries about safety and health. The machine itself is also equipped with an automatic shutdown mechanism, which will automatically shut down when the machine overheats. Prevent accidents.
- Easy to use: The design is simple and the functions are complete. Turn on the power and set the temperature according to the instructions, and you can start working. There is no complicated operation. Whether you are a novice or a person who is proficient in the use of the dehydrator, you can use it with confidence.
- Easy to clean: The tray is designed to be detachable, which will not cause trouble for cleaning work. The dehydrator shell is a rectangular parallelepiped and there is no clean dead corner, making it easier to clean.
- Exquisite size and appearance: Seven-layer Size: 32 x 25 x 24.3 cm/12.6 x 9.8 x 9.5 inch (L x W x H), Five-layer Size: 32 x 25 x 20 cm/12.6 x 9.8 x 7.9 inch (L x W x H) Perfectly exquisite size, not too big to take up space, not easy to store, not too small to cause too few ingredients for one-time work, perfect solution for normal household use. The simple silver+black appearance can be integrated into the kitchen and living room of any decoration style, making it more beautiful.
- Types of food that can be made: The dehydrator can make fruits, vegetables, meat, dried herbs, spices, and dried flowers. Anything that can be dehydrated and ornamental plants can be used. One machine can solve all your dehydration demand.
10. Waxed Matches
On the off-chance that you only have matches and wax, you don’t need to worry! Coating the matches in wax will slow down their burning time.
This waxed match fire starter has an estimated burning time of a minute, which isn’t very long. A technique you can do to prolong this is by using each match one by one.
11. Hand Sanitizer
Using a hand sanitizer is perfect if you have no time to prepare your own fire starter. Make sure to use a sanitizer that contains alcohol. Otherwise, it will not light up.
The hand sanitizer fire starter’s estimated burning time is a minute per dime-sized dollop. Simply increase the amount if you want a longer burning time.
These DIY fire starters will make sure you’re ready for lighting up the fireplace or going on your next camping trip. These are easy to make and certainly easy on the pockets!
Which of these fire starter ideas have you tried? Tell us in the comments down below!
- How to Make a Fire Starter or Survival Candle
- 17 DIY Winter Decorations Projects
- How to Make Beer | Home Brewing Instructions
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.