If you’re looking for an easy tip on how to reuse candle wax, then you’ve come to the right place! Candle wax from a candle jar is an inevitable waste because the wick just doesn’t burn until the very end. What you’re usually left with are unusable candles.
How to Reuse Candle Wax Creatively? Here’s an Inspiration for You!
Here’s What You Will Be Needing:
- Wax warmer
- Pair of scissors
- Candle wicks
- Leftover candle wax from old candle jars
- A new jar (only if needed)
Grab your candle warmer and place your first candle jar with leftover wax on it. Let it melt completely and remove all wick holder at the bottom using your scissors. You’re ready for the next step when your first wax is completely melted and all your wick bases have been removed!
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Make sure not to use your fingers to remove these because the wax is completely melted at this point, which means it is extremely hot. You don’t want to burn your fingers!
Get your new jar and place a new wick in the middle. You can use multiple wicks as long as your jar opening permits it.
Pour your melted candle wax into your container and let it dry completely before adding the next colors. You can also recycle old containers for your new candle.
Pro Tip: Make sure to leave enough spaces in between your wicks and secure your wicks upright by using a comb and inserting it between the teeth.
The next step in how to reuse candle wax is essentially a repetition of your first and second steps. You’re gonna do the same for all your remaining candle wax.
That means you are gonna heat each of them up using your candle warmers. Remove all the wick bases using your scissors and throw them away or use them for another creative project.
Pour your new melted candle wax over your new candle jar with the previous layers already completely dried.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- It’s important in each step to pour over new colors when your previous layer has dried or solidified completely. The colors will mix if you don’t let it solidify and your journey with how to reuse candle wax would be put to waste.
- Unless you want a marble effect in your colors and not a layered style, then you can totally do this! It’s up to you, we’re just here as your guide, after all.
Step 4: Let Everything Solidify
The final step in the process of how to reuse candle wax is a no-brainer because you just have to let the top layer solidify completely.
Grab your finished candle and marvel at its layered pattern! Light the wicks safely with a lighter and enjoy your new candle!
Watch the full video tutorial on how to reuse candle wax from With Love Marium:
We hope you learned something today! Who knew creating a new candle from old ones was this easy? Now you know how to reuse candle wax creatively so go on and make your own!
What did you think of this creative and very rewarding DIY on how to reuse candle wax? Tell us in the comments section below!
- Fun & Festive DIY! Make Your Own Funfetti Candle
- How To Make a Candle | DIY Homemade Candles
- How To Restore A Rusty Cast Iron Griddle Using A Ball Of Steel Wool
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.