After having a meaningful holiday dinner with your family, treat everyone with these Thanksgiving desserts everyone will be interested to see and try. The best part of all, you can have your children help you make them.
Tempting Thanksgiving Desserts Ideas and Recipes to Love
1. Thanksgiving Choco Turkey Pretzels
After choosing your main course for Thanksgiving dinner, another question needs a final answer—what Thanksgiving dessert will you be having this year?
Thanksgiving dessert and decor in one? These colorful sweet treats deserve a thumbs up! They’ll look fantastic on any fall table or at your Thanksgiving dinner.
Get your quality candy corn for this project here.
- THICK AND CRUNCHY - Utz Old Fashioned Pretzel Rods are 7 to 8 inches long, perfectly salted and slightly thicker than your average pretzel rod. A special two-part baking process ensures freshness and crispness for that perfect crunch you crave!
- GREAT FOR DIPPING - These pretzel rods are great for dipping and decorating. Make chocolate-covered pretzels for the perfect salty/sweet combo, add some cheese dip or enjoy all on their own – the versatility of these Utz pretzel rods is endless!
- PERFECT SNACK - This barrel of pretzel rods is just what you need for snacking on the couch or set out for a large party. Pretzels are perfect for on-the-go snacks or for lunches. Plus, the resealable container will keep them fresh longer.Certified Kosher OUD
- ZERO CHOLESTEROL - With zero grams of cholesterol and trans-fat, pretzel snacks are your go-to. Keep Utz Old Fashioned Pretzel Rods in your desk for a quick pick-me-up through your next meeting, pack them in lunches and keep them on hand for parties!
- WE ARE UTZ – Since 1921, Utz has been making and selling quality pretzels and other delicious snacks in Hanover, PA, the snack capital of the world! We’re a family-managed business providing snacks that are crunchier, lighter, fresher and simply better.
2. Choco-Peanut Butter Acorns
Simply sweet — these homemade mini desserts are so easy to make! Kids can also help you in making this Thanksgiving sweet treat.
Or should I say, help you eat ’em up even before Thanksgiving dinner?
All you need to make this are Hershey’s kisses, mini cookies, butterscotch or peanut butter chips, and peanut butter to hold it all together!
- Contains one (1) 35.8-ounce bulk party pack of HERSHEY'S KISSES Milk Chocolate Candy
- Fill candy dishes, snack drawers and lunch boxes all season long with milk chocolate HERSHEY'S KISSES treats for flavorful snacking on the go and in place
- Kosher-certified, gluten-free, bulk chocolate candy individually wrapped for lasting freshness and convenience
- Stuff party favors, anniversary presents and birthday candy bags with HERSHEY'S KISSES milk chocolate candy perfect for Mother's Day and Father's Day celebrations, weddings and graduations
- Creamy, delectable milk chocolate classics in bite-size morsels perfect for snacking and sharing throughout any day or as the perfect addition to your Valentine's Day, Christmas, Halloween or Easter candy selections
3. Thanksgiving Nutter Butter-y Turkey Cupcakes
Cute Thanksgiving desserts, you say? I can just stay all day looking at these cute turkey cupcakes!
Hmm, I wonder which part of it will I eat first. Kids will absolutely love and gobble-gobble them in minutes!
- Four boxes with 12 snack packs each (4 cookies per pack), 48 total packs, of Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Peanut butter cookies made with real peanut butter for a salty and sweet treat
- Peanut-shaped sandwich cookies are fun to eat
- Crunchy cookies with smooth, creamy filling for a mix of textures
- Add to lunches, enjoy as snacks or take on road trips
4. Caramel Apple Dippers Bar
Seeing apples in such a creative (and yummy) presentation will definitely bring out a smile not just from kids, but from adults, too.
Prepare some apple wedges and start dippin’! Easy, fun, and safe for kids to make since there is no cooking required. Get your cake pop sticks here.
5. Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes
This eye-catching Thanksgiving dessert will give you oohs and aahs! Little kids will immediately have their eye on these sweets so make sure you make a couple of batches!
6. Sweet Apple-Caramel Trifles
Add a touch of elegance to your Thanksgiving table with this delectable dessert!
With stunning presentation and dainty caramel mousse layered with a toasted caramel syrup to match the crisp apple crumble, every guest will dig these gorgeous but simple caramel apple trifles.
7. Adorable Mini Turkey Pops
Looking for Thanksgiving desserts for kids to make? Fun and vibrant, kids will surely rush to get their hands on these pop sticks!
This fuss-free Thanksgiving dessert is fun to make with kids. Go nuts and get messy in decorating these sweet treats!
8. Pumpkin Pecan in a Jar (with Chia Seeds)
This dessert-in-a-jar is a unique and a perfect take-home sweet treat for guests too stuffed from the big family feast. Get a new set of jars you can use for these delicious treats.
Tip: Best when topped with vanilla ice cream or chilled whipped cream!
9. Spiced Pumpkin Latte Cheesecake
Who doesn’t love cheesecake? Creamy, smooth, sweet, and light. And now in Starbuck’s signature flavor.
10. Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pops
Of course, Thanksgiving would not be complete without some hints of pumpkin.
These classic pumpkin cake pops would surely be a big hit on your Thanksgiving table (and even after!)
11. Chocolate Salted Caramel Cream Pie
A delicious chocolate salted caramel cream pie topped off with candy pumpkins to complete the Thanksgiving look will be a perfect dessert for the whole family.
Here’s HealthNut Nutrition’s must-try Thanksgiving dessert recipe with a burst of organic spices that are perfect for your health-conscious friends:
It’s also a perfect opportunity to impress your guests with your creativity, craftiness, and dessert skills. Were you able to finalize your list of easy Thanksgiving desserts?
I just can’t wait to start slicin’ and dippin’ some apples as one of my sweet treats! How about you?
What’s your best pick from the list? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below and I’d be glad to read them while cooking some delicious Thanksgiving recipes!
- 11 Pumpkin Dessert Recipes + QUIZ: Which Fall Dessert Should You Make?
- 17 DIY Placemat Ideas To Make Your Thanksgiving Table Stand Out
- 21 Creative Corn Hole Boards To Inspire Your Next Backyard Game Night
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 17, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevance.