Looking to IKEA hack your crafting space? Hack your way to an extra spacious and more functional craft room with no less than IKEA items that are both reliable and easy to find!
IKEA Hack Your Crafting Space | 51 Craft Room Storage DIY Projects
Ikea Hack Craft Room Ideas
Let’s face it, our craft room space may contain a lot more stuff compared to the other rooms in the house. This is why a particular storage for these things is a must.
This will help us avoid clutter, the unnecessary usage of space, and having an unruly working environment. Hacking IKEA items will help you solve all this!
Whenever we talk about storage, IKEA definitely has plenty to offer. What’s more is that you can use their storage items in various forms and designs, depending on your style taste.
We have gathered here some of the best hacks that you can do on your own craft room, too!
Check out some of the IKEA hacks that will be best suited for your crafting space.
1. Ikea Kallax Hack: Craft Room Storage
It’s not just about your craft room storage – it’s also about your craft room table. This awesome piece, made out of an Ikea Kallax hack, is the one that you should not miss out for.
Get the full process for this project.
2. IKEA Expedit Hack
An ultimate space saver, the Ikea Expedit is transformed into this highly functional storage area. Enjoy working clutter – free, when you have this in your craft room!
This guide will teach you how this is made.
3. IKEA Hack Magazine Files
4. Trones Shoe Holder for Paper Storage
5. IKEA Spice Racks as Desk Organizers
6. Helmer Drawer Set
7. Numbered Ikea Boxes
8. Transforming Expedit Shelves with Paint Sticks
Rescue those old expidit boxes. Dress them up with paintsticks and presto!
You have these decorative boxes that will make any storage problem disappear.
9. Rast Ikea Hack
10. Ikea Rolling Storage Behemoth
11. Ikea Hack Modern Desk
12. Transformed Pottery Barn from Ikea
13. Rustic Ikea Hacked Cabinet
14. Besta, Billy, & Brass Bookcases
15. Craft Storage from Ikea Raskog Cart
16. Study Space with Pegboard
17. Ikea Custom Craft
How cool is that?
18. Ikea Hack – DIY Utensil Slatted Sultan Lade
19. Wrapper Holder
20. Ikea Rolling Desk
21. Ikea Rast Hack: New Craftroom Desk
22. Yellow Ikea Raskog Cart
Utilize this Ikea cart for your extra art materials in the craft room! Just spray paint on it with whatever color you like, preferably the one that matches your crafting space, to have that unified feel.
23. Artful Expedit Hack
You can totally make use of an Expedit like this: storage compartments at the bottom, organized books in color codes at the middle, and minimal decorations on top. This will be perfect for your crafting space!
24. Office Built-In Craft Storage
25. Hanging Files with IKEA
26. DIY Craft Table
27. Desktop Storage Ikea Hack
28. Gold Leafed Ikea Desk Hack
29. Corner Shelf Hack
30. Floating Cubby Buffet
31. Ikea Hack Mail Rack
Have one in your craft room now!
32. Ikea Hack Activity Table With Storage
Underneath can be a storage area for just about anything, like your child’s go – to playing station while you are attending to your crafty project.
33. Ikea Boxes Upgrade
34. Expedit Cutting Table on Wheels
35. DIY Murphy Desk
36. DIY Lego Table
37. Simple Ikea Hack: Narrow Console Table
38. DIY Box and Arrow
Get yourself sturdy boxes or drawers for storage, and play with it a little with some colorful crayons and then drawing an arrow on the sides. This DIY box and arrow hack proves that utility and fun can go together.
39. Book Case from Ikea Hutten Wine Rack
40. Chinese Expedit Cabinet
41. Complete Workstation Desk Home Office IKEA hack
This complete work station is what you and your craft room need. An ultimate MUST, with the table that allows you to finish your tasks, and the storage that comes with it that will keep your stuff at bay – no clutter.
42. Ikea Fintorp Storage
43. Expedit Sewing/Crafting/Cutting table
This is another table inspiration you need to check out. Then you will be able to choose the most appropriate one for your space.
44. Fabric Filer
45. Wooden Crate Storage Area
46. Needlepoint Pencil Cup
47. Ikea Bygel Wire Basket Hack
48. IKEA Billy Bookcase Hack: DIY Dress Up Closet
49. Makeup Brush Organizer
[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/8VJYLzrghC/ hidecaption=true width=625]
You can’t have too many make-up brushes; neither with art brushes! Keep them safe in one place with this nifty IKEA hack. Brush through for a complete guide on how to do this!
50. IKEA Window Bench Tutorial
This spot, right beside the window, is a perfect place to get all melodramatic. And with drama comes inspiration!
Keep your craft materials ready by stacking them neatly underneath this IKEA window bench storage.
51. IKEA Malm Bed Storage
Here is Kari Webster’s video on craft room organization using IKEA Alex Five Drawer Unit:
Now that you have more than a handful of inspiration to hack your Ikea purchases, start maximizing them for storage! Who doesn’t love to get new organization ideas to utilize at home?
Have fun with these Ikea hacks!
Got more Ikea hacks to share in this post? Tell us about your own hacks in the comments section below!
- IKEA Hack DIY Project | How To Maximize Your Shelves
- DIY Secret Shelf Project | How to Hide Your Valuables
- [Video] 15 Unique DIY Projects To Maximize Binder Clips
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on April 11, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.