Ever wondered how to make mason jar cookies? I have seen these mason jar cookie recipes in stores lately, and they are really cute, especially when they are finished off with a colorful fabric and ribbon, with a handmade tag. I could not bring myself to buy any of these , though, as I knew they had to be super simple to make.
Sure enough, to make mason jar cookie recipes like this, you just need your basic cookie ingredients, a mason jar, and a little bit of time. By taking a few extra minutes to divide and layer your cookie ingredients, rather than mixing them, and then putting all in a pretty jar, you have a an adorable, quick and delicious gift idea.
This gift idea never gets old, either! You can make lots of flavors. I like to buy bulk mason jars and make a different cookie flavor every time I make them. Friends and family are always excited to get the latest batch. I will add crushed peppermints during the holidays, pink sugar and sprinkles for Valentine's Day, different creative color and ingredient combos for other occasions. Try our other mason jar cookie recipes, too- M&M Mason Jar Cookies and Mint Chocolate Mason Jar Cookies
Mix In a Jar: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Supplies you need:
- A wide mouth 1 qt mason jar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6″ diameter cut piece of fabric
- Enough ribbon to make a bow (approx 13″)
- A pair of scissors
- Ice cream scoop (This will help you pack each layer down to ensure all the ingredients fit in the jar!)
Instructions for Mason Jar Cookie Recipes:
Once all the ingredients are in the jar, cut your fabric and ribbon to your desired size and length. We cut the fabric into a 6″ diameter circle.
Once all the ingredients are in the jar, cut your fabric and ribbon to your desired size and length. We cut the fabric into a 6″ diameter circle.You can place the fabric either underneath the screw top, or on top of it . Play around with it to find the look you like best.
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 eggs, 3/4 cup softened butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Grab you jar and pour the entire contents into a the bowl and mix well using your hands.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the mix onto a non-stick cookie sheet (about 2″ apart).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Like this post?
Be sure to like us on Facebook (button below) so you can be the first to know about latest project updates as well as great DIY articles.
Pin It so you can come back to it and follow us on Pinterest to get latest project pins.
Let us know in the comments below! Your feedback matters. The more interest we get in posts, the more likely we are to do more like that.
Like these cookies? Try our others