Ever wondered how to make mason jar cookies? I have seen these mason jar cookie recipes in stores lately, and they are really cute, especially when they are finished off with a colorful fabric and ribbon, with a handmade tag. I could not bring myself to buy any of these , though, as I knew they had to be super simple to make.
Sure enough, to make mason jar cookie recipes like this, you just need your basic cookie ingredients, a mason jar, and a little bit of time. By taking a few extra minutes to divide and layer your cookie ingredients, rather than mixing them, and then putting all in a pretty jar, you have a an adorable, quick and delicious gift idea.
This gift idea never gets old, either! You can make lots of flavors. I like to buy bulk mason jars and make a different cookie flavor every time I make them. Friends and family are always excited to get the latest batch. I will add crushed peppermints during the holidays, pink sugar and sprinkles for Valentine’s Day, different creative color and ingredient combos for other occasions.
How To Make Mason Jar Cookies: M&M
Supplies you need:
- A wide mouth 1 qt mason jar
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6″ diameter cut piece of fabric
- Enough ribbon to make a bow (approx 13″)
- A pair of scissors
- Ice cream scoop (This will help you pack each layer down to ensure all the ingredients fit in the jar!)
Instructions for Mason jar cookie recipes M&M:
Now add the brown sugar, white sugar, and M&M’s in that order. After each sugar layer, you’ll want to use your ice cream scoop to pack it down a little more.
You can place the fabric either underneath the screw top, or on top of it . Play around with it to find the look you like best.
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- Grab you jar and pour the entire contents into a large bowl and mix well.
- Work in 3/4 cup of softened butter until the mixture is crumble. Use your hands to do this.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with 1 egg. Then mix it into the flour mix.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the mix onto a non-stick cookie sheet (about 2″ apart).
- Bake for 10-14 minutes.