Whether you need to rip wood or make identical cuts, a DIY table saw can be your perfect companion. Check out the instructions below to create this versatile tool for your woodworking projects.
DIY Table Saw in 8 Easy Steps | a Step-by-Step Guide
What You’ll Need:
- Circular saw
- Plywood, melamine, or board for table legs and top
- Zip tie
- Wood screws with flat head (16mm and 50mm)
- Power strip
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,500 RPM for faster cutting
- 3-3/8" blade delivers a maximum cutting depth of 1" for a wide range of cutting applications
- Adjustable cutting depth from 1" at 90° and 5/8" at 45°
- Tilting base for bevel cuts from 0° - 45°
- Cuts plywood, MDF, pegboard, particleboard, melamine, drywall and more
- STRONG, DURABLE, HEAVY-DUTY - These craft wood pieces of multi-coated Baltic Birch plywood offer exceptional durability, rigidity, and stability for all your woodworking needs. The surfaces provide excellent holding power for glue and screws and the birch edges create cleaner joinery.
- BEAUTIFUL WOOD, BEAUTIFUL PROJECT- Russian-grown Baltic Birch plywood is prized by woodworkers everywhere. Manufactured using the latest methods in wood production, this hardwood from the snowy forests of the north is extremely durable and creep resistant. It has a beautiful lengthwise grain and takes stain well. TRUE SIZE: 11-7/8” x 23-7/8”.
- CHOOSE LASER CUTTER WOOD - The layers of the Baltic Birch sheets of thick plywood are designed to smoothly glide through laser cutters and scroll saws, making it the ideal thin wood sheets for efficient woodcutting. Are you looking for wood for wood burning projects? Woodpeckers has the perfect wood boards for crafts.
- GRADE B/BB - Graded according to the Russian Baltic plywood standard as B/BB, this hardwood has a single piece face and a back veneer. The face veneer has a smooth surface with a light uniform color while the back surface typically has 1-2 small color-matched patches. The thick face veneer provides a smoother surface for CNC routers or engraving machines to glide on the birch wood.
- SERVICE & SELECTION - We are dedicated to partnering with business owners, home crafters, and woodwork artisans. Our customer care agents are thoroughly familiar with our products, and we will be happy to assist you with any concerns and inquiries. Looking for plywood boards in different sizes? Visit the Woodpeckers storefront for a large selection of plywood squares in both 1/4" and 1/8" thickness.
- Package Includes 100 Premium Zip Ties
- UL Rated For Indoor & Outdoor Use
- Tensile Rating: 50 lb. / 222 n
- Length: 14. 35" / 364. 49mm
- Strap Width: . 18" / 4. 57mm
- SCREWS ASSORTMENT SET: Self Tapping Screws kit includes 14 sizes of flat head Screws (M3 x 20mm/ 25mm, M3.5 x 30mm/ 40mm, M4 x 16mm/ 20mm/ 25mm/30mm/40mm, M5 x 30mm/ 35mm/ 40mm, M6 x 40mm/ 50mm) meet your different demands.
- WOOD & DRYWALL SCREWS: The self tapping screws includes 605 pcs phillips flat head screws. 3 Pcs of-in box divider and 1 piece PH2 50 mm Phillips head screwdriver bit free included in this screw set. These screws with point help penetrate the material, can be applied on structures of metal, chipboard, wood or plastic. SA & CA screws commonly have a sharp point that helps penetrate the material.
- MORE PRACTICAL & CUSTOMIZED ASSORTMENT: A much more practical and cost-effective way to purchase hardware than individually. You would have no worry to spend a lot of time in finding the correct screws, as the SA &CA customized assortment would meet all your demands. Everything is labeled on the case for easily finding the size you need.
- SCREW ORGANIZER & STORAGE BOX: 605 pcs different types of screws, 3 Pcs of-in box divider and 1 piece PH2 will be packed in a sturdy convenient case which can be use for a storage box. These screws are fixed in different compartments depending on the size! Is organized to you.
- QUALITY TECNICAL SERVICES: If you are not %100 satisfied for any reason from our produts, we will take it back and offer a replacement or refund the full purchase price if necessary. No hassles, no delays, and no questions asked!
- Surge protector power strip for sensitive electronic devices (2-pack)
- Includes six outlets and two USB ports
- Protects from power surges and spikes that can damage equipment
- 500 joule suppression rating
- Plugs into standard grounded AC outlet
- 14-piece nylon spring clamp set with 3-3/8-inch clamps (x6), 4-1/2-inch clamps (x4), and 6-1/2-inch clamps (x4)
- Securely holds items in place; ideal for photography, woodworking, crafts, backdrops, and other projects
- 3 jaw-open sizes: 2-1/4 inches, 1-3/4 inches, and 1-3/8 inches
- Sturdy reinforced nylon construction helps ensure tight, reliable placement and long-lasting performance
- Durable pads protect surfaces; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
- 13 PIECES INCLUDED: 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 7/64", 1/8", 9/64", 5/32", 11/64", 3/16", 13/64", 7/32", 15/64", 1/4".
- HSS WITH 5% COBALT: Durable, Higher Heat & Abrasion Resistance.
- PRECISE 135°SPLIT POINT & TWIST DESIGN: Prevent walking, clear chips and particles faster.
- PROFESSIONAL & WIDELY USE: M35 Cobalt HSS is more suitable for hardened material. Particularly successful in cutting through hard metals such as stainless steel, cast iron, high temperature alloy, titanium alloy, hard plastics and woods, and also can be used for softer materials.
- ORGANIZED HOLDER: Set includes the drill bit holder with size index for easy storage and organizing.
- Made by T12 Drop Forged Alloy Steel, the long lasting teeth were deeply milled tempered and coated for durable cutting and filing performance
- 21 pieces file set comes with 4 large files - flat/triangle/half-round/round file and 16 pieces precision needle file
- All files are packed in a rugged, compact carry case for storage and portability. Each tool fits snugly into its respective place to prevent moving around and scraping
- Long and soft handle - rubbery handle with long length to bring your comfortable handling that will allow for hours of use
- All Powerextra products come with a 30-day return policy and a 12-month product quality service from date of purchase, and 24 hours' friendly customer service!
Step 1: Drill Holes in Your Circular Saw
In the base of your circular saw, drill five holes measuring 4mm each. You’ll use these holes, later on, to fix your circular saw onto your board.
After drilling, remove the dust, and clean the holes.
Step 2: Prepare Your DIY Table Saw Top
There are various options that you can choose from for your DIY table saw top. You can opt for plywood, melamine, or other types of board such as laminated particleboard. If you have an old closet or cabinet, you can also repurpose a part of it, and use it instead.
Its dimensions must be 1.8cm in thickness, 50cm in width, and 80cm in length. Be sure that the board is straight, and its edges are perfectly square.
Step 3: Position Your Circular Saw
Place your circular saw in your desired area. You may leave a space measuring 30cm between the front of your board and the tip of your circular saw.
Again, ensure that everything is square as much as possible. Then, trace through the holes in your circular saw base, and put marks on your board. Remove your circular saw from your board.
Step 4: Fix Your Circular Saw
Afterward, using the marks as your guide, drill through your board. Position your circular saw on your preferred area on the board and put 16-mm wood screws.
Choose screws with a flat head since these suit the base of your circular saw perfectly. Additionally, these screws will hold your circular saw in place.
Step 5: Cut Through Your Board
Turn your circular saw on and cut through your DIY table saw top. Then, flip your board upside down.
Step 6: Create Legs for Your DIY Table Saw
Mark the areas where you want to place the legs of your DIY table saw. Drill screws and attach two beams to the bottom of your board. The beams must measure 8cm by 4 cm.
Then, using the same type of board as your top, create legs for your table. Additionally, insert another piece of the board between these legs. Similar to your beams, drill screws onto all of them for extra support.
Step 7: Place Your Switch
Drill two holes onto one side of your DIY table saw. Insert your zip tie into these holes, and attach your power strip.
Plug-in your circular saw. This will serve as your on and off switch.
Step 8: Test Your DIY Table Saw
For the final step, try cutting a piece of wood. Once successful, you may now start using your DIY table saw.
Using a DIY table saw can entail injuries caused by kickbacks. Watch this video by Stumpy Nubs to learn how to avoid serious cuts, or worse, an amputation:
This DIY table saw can help you achieve accurate cuts, and make tough jobs easier. Follow these eight easy steps, and start cutting with confidence.
Do you have other ideas on how to make a DIY table saw? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!
- DIY Lego Table Ideas For Countless Hours of Creative Fun
- Repurposed Pallet Furniture | Make A Wood Pallet Coffee Table
- Make Your Own Fire Starter At Home | 11 DIY Fire Starter Ideas