Considering an out-of-the-box Thanksgiving celebration? Why not start new traditions and rock a tropical Thanksgiving dinner.
6 Ways to Rock a Tropical Thanksgiving Dinner
1. Birds of Paradise Floral Arrangement
Elevate the beauty of your Thanksgiving table setting with a gorgeous floral arrangement using birds of paradise. This remarkably gorgeous flower provides an exotic touch and tropical ambiance to your home this season.
2. Brightly Painted Pine Cones
What a great idea to use these colorful pinecones to decorate your Thanksgiving dinner table. Grab a paintbrush, acrylic paint (of different colors), and some pinecones. Dab the edges of each pinecone with paint.
3. Nested Pineapple Centerpiece
A pineapple centerpiece is a great idea to set the tropical holiday mood for your dinner table. It can be done in less than 5 minutes! Just slice out a bigger pineapple and stuff it with a smaller one.
Don’t forget to use the sliced pineapples as a side dish for your meal.
4. Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Edible Flowers
These edible flowers add visual appeal to an all-time favorite Thanksgiving side dish – mashed sweet potatoes. Edible flowers give out a different flavor to food and can complete the tropical feel when you add these cheerful garnishes.
- Start an Edible Flower Garden: Add a touch of color to your home and to your plates! Our starter garden kit comes with heirloom, non-GMO seeds for growing Cornflower, Pot Marigold, Shasta Daisy, and Viola Tricolor. With this edible flower kit, you can introduce vibrant hues into your cocktails or culinary creations and expand your eatable flowers palate beyond common blooms grown from nasturtium seeds, chamomile seeds, and calendula seeds.
- Grow Your Own Garnish: This seed kit has all the supplies you need to start your flower garden – no need for any extra trips to the nursery! The kit comes with 4 packets of high quality heirloom seeds, 4 burlap grow bags with waterproof lining, 4 potting soil disks, 4 bamboo plant markers, gardening shears, and a lined wood box that doubles as a planter. Start your garden on the countertop, windowsill, balcony, porch, or outdoor garden – it’s decor for your digs and your diet!
- Expert Growing Support: When it comes to support, we’ve gone above and beyond. Our edible flowers seeds come with a team of gardening experts and horticulturists available to answer questions, a Grower Help Bot through FB Messenger, detailed instructions, a private FB Grower Community, and instructional videos. You’re not just buying flower seeds — you're getting guidance for your gardening journey!
- Unique Gift Ideas: Because these starter kits have everything you need to get growing, they make one-of-a-kind gifts for gardeners, plant lovers, and hobby growers alike! Edible flowers are also perfect for the kitchen – try this beautiful, well-packaged set for cottagecore housewarming gifts, gifts for chefs, or even gifts for bakers and cocktail lovers in your life. There’s nothing like watching full-grown blooms sprout from edible flower seeds!
- Always Grown in the USA: At Garden Republic, our goal is to make the art of growing plants simple and accessible for everyone. We want your indoor gardening journey to be a successful one! Our heirloom vegetable seeds are always grown in the USA and are tested for the highest germination rates before they’re added to your seed packets. We started as a veteran and family-owned, small business focused on creating safe, sustainable products you can trust — a practice that continues to this day.
5. Gourd or Pumpkin Tiki Torch
This pumpkin tiki torch is a classic fall table decor. It adds style, creativity, and fun touches to fall decorating.
Lastly, this tiki torch can complete the topical theme for your holiday dinner and can become your favorite fall centerpiece.
6. Turkey Burgers with Pineapple
This turkey burger with pineapple makes a great holiday meal. It can replace the traditional whole turkey dinner with an all-in-one meal. If doing this for snacks, you can try making sliders.
Here is how your tropical Thanksgiving dinner table should like:
Watch this video from Home Cooking Adventure for other Thanksgiving recipe ideas:
Thanksgiving is traditionally turkey roasting, gravy, and stuffing. While there’s nothing wrong with a traditional dinner, this simple menu and decor ideas are for you. Who knows? These tropical Thanksgiving dinner ideas may just become your new family tradition!
Have you decided which of these tropical Thanksgiving dinner ideas will you incorporate into your holiday celebration this year? Let me know below in the comments!
- 11 Easy Thanksgiving Desserts | Homemade Sweets You Can Make
- 9 Thanksgiving Side Dishes With Bacon That Will Steal The Show
- DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner To Effectively Disinfect Your Brushes
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 19, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevance.