Turn plastic animals into chic pieces for your home. Today’s roundup includes wine stoppers, a unique set of pushpins, and so much more!
Upcycle Your Plastic Animals To Chic Functional Decors
Wondering what to do with the toys your kids have outgrown? Or are you simply looking for a nifty and fun way to add some personality and style to your home? I’ve got just the list of DIY crafts for your next afternoon project!
To make your bookend, begin by slicing the plastic animal in half. Using a hot glue gun, stick one of the ends to a wooden board. Do the same with the other half. Then, finish the project off by spraying on some paint.
- These plastic jungle animals will provide hours of creative play for children.
- Each package contains 12 assorted jungle animals
- Approximate measurement is 6 inches each.
- Not recommended for children under the age of 6 years
2. Place Card Holder
The secret to making the two halves of the plastic animal stay together is simple. All you have to do is tuck a small magnet in the space inside. By the way, don't forget to add a drop of glue on the magnet before tucking the magnet in. This will help hold the two sides and maintain its form.
3. Serving Plate
When prepping for a serving plate DIY craft, I recommend using a plastic animal with long limbs, as it lets you play around with different plate heights. Slice off the giraffe's neck just above the shoulder. Using an adhesive, attach the body parts to the plate one at a time.
TIP: It is best to start with the body part first, wait for it to be completely cured and dried before you attach the neck to the plate.
Plastic animals are a neat way to house your succulents. Simply take out the top, spray paint it in a color of your choosing, fill in the space with a bit of soil, and place your preferred plants inside.
- SIZE: Shark Toys are 3 inches in size making it suitable to be used for decorations, projects and other crafts. Due to its small size, this pack of sea creatures also takes up lesser space in your kid's toy storage.
- HAVE FUN: Enjoy with these sets of Sea Animals mainly composing Whale and Shark Toys that your kids would definitely love. Let them enjoy and have fun in exploring the world of these sea creatures.
- INCLUDES: This product contains various types of Sharks Toys for your kids. One purchase of this product will give you two packs of these Plastic Sea Creatures: One pack of Shark Toys for Boys and another pack of Whale Toys.
- PERFECT FOR: Toy Shark is great for filling goodie bags, piñatas, Halloween baskets, Christmas stockings. These Sea Creature Toys are also applicable to be given as a gift for your kid's birthday party or during Christmas.
- MANUFACTURING: The Shark Toys are designed to last for a long time. Shark Boy Toys are made up of high quality soft plastic materials that are environmentally friendly and non-toxic.
Choose an animal that has either a trunk or a long tail, such as elephants or felines. This will help you hang keys, coats, or even aprons with ease.
6. Memo Holder
You might want to grab a drill for this project. It makes poking a hole so much easier. By the way, don’t forget to put a drop of glue on the dowel before you stick it in the hole. This will help keep it in place.
7. Chic Accents
These chic accents make great paperweights and an amazing decor you can display in almost every room. Also, can I just say, I love how the colors of black and gold look so stylish together.
- √ Safety: the products are certified by American standard directive ASTM, CPSIA, non-toxic and safe, high quality plastic materials
- √ Nice of quality, reasonable price, high quality, buy reassurance, children have fun.ATTENTION: Recently some FAKE sellers co-sale our product in LOWER PRICES without authorization!! DO NOT buy from them!!We can ONLY guarantee the quality of the toy bought from seller "FashionSun". Thanks for your understanding.
- √ Specifications: 6 Large Farm Animals, including cattle, sheep, horses, goats, sheep and donkeys
- √ Suitable age: 3 years old or above,Guarantee 100% free refund
- √ Gifts and education: this is the best gift to accompany children's growth, deepen the children's understanding of animals, develop children's language communication skills, and providing fun
8. Wine Stoppers
These wine stoppers will be a hit during your next wine night. Just don’t forget to let the glue dry for at least 24 hours before using the cork on a wine bottle. You definitely wouldn’t want to accidentally break your upgraded wine stopper.
9. Unique Pushpins
These pushpins are a statement all on their own. I guarantee you won’t have anyone who’ll have the same set. Simply glue the backs of the thumbtacks to the plastic animal, let it dry overnight, and you’re all set.
10. Glittered Animal Canvas
Bring a little color and funk into a room with these glittered animal canvasses.
Tip: Remember to place a sheet of paper on your workspace as you place glitter on the animal. That way, you’ll get to reuse the extra glitter. You’ll give yourself an easier clean up as well.
- 10 Pieces Assorted Zoo Animals
- Size: 5 - 6 inches in length
- Lion, Tiger, Rino, Hippo, Elephant, Cheetah
- Zoo animals come assorted.
- Material: Plastic. Great for Projects, Collection, Gift, Props
11. Candle Holder
12. Animal Jars
Give your mason jars a touch of elegance with these gold painted animals. Make for a seamless finish by spraying both the plastic animal and the lid of the jar.
This project may be the trickiest out of everything in this roundup, but it’s a small price to pay for a unique accessory. By the way, don’t forget to pick your spirit animal when it comes to designing the necklace!
14. Elephant Toothbrush Holder
This ingenious toothbrush holder is such a creative idea! I recommend using a bigger plastic animal for this project so it can hold all the toothbrushes of your family.
- 5 Realistically detailed animals designed for little hands and big imaginations
- Invites hours of sparking imaginations, role play and early vocabulary development
- Includes monkey, penguin, zebra, polar bear, and hippo
- The largest animal, the hippo, measures 7¼"L x 3¾"H
- Ideal for ages 2+
16. Ring Dishes
You won't even have to worry about cutting the plastic animals in half for this DIY craft. Simply glue each painted mini toy on a dish and you're all set!
17. Dinosaur Handle Cups
This project is perfect if you've got more than 1 kid. Remember to paint the cups and handles in your kids' favorite color. That way, they won't have to fight over who gets the cool cup.
18. Drawer Pulls
The key tip for these toy drawer pulls is to use plastic animals that are of moderate size. Smaller ones would make it hard to pull out the drawer, while bigger ones might require both hands to open the drawer.
DIY an old frame to make it quirkier. Begin by painting your frame and plastic animals. When dry, arrange the animals on the frame. Once you're happy with the placement, glue the pieces down with a hot glue gun. I recommend placing different animals side by side for a more eclectic and interesting design.
Always looking for your keys at the bottom of your bag? Remedy this by attaching a plastic animal to the keychain. That way, it'll make feeling for your house keys much easier.
21. Rainforest In A Jar
Fill your kid's mind with wonder when you give them these rainforests enclosed in jars. You can even make a different habitat for each plastic animal you find.
Aren't these plastic animal projects amazing? It's so cool to see all the amazing ways something as simple as a plastic animal toy can be transformed! Which project will you try first? Let us know in the comment below!