Encourage, support, and inspire your college kid by giving him/her a personalized college care package.
In this article:
- Tastefully Simple
- Fleece Scarf
- The First Day College Care Package
- The Despicably Caring Package
- DIY College Bookmarks
- Practical Toiletries
- The Monstrous University Care Package
- Night At The Movies College Care Package
- Holiday College Care Package
- The Get Well Soon Package
- The Hello Kitty Care Package
- The Feel Of Home College Care Package
- The Color Your World Package
- Happy Birthday College Care Package
- The Stress Buster Care Package
- The Incredible College Care Package
- The Cash Care Package
17 of the Coolest College Care Package Ideas
Creative Care Packages for College Kids
Nothing is as comforting than a simple touch of Mom’s creativity and thoughtfulness! College can be tough for kids.
We’re sure, deep inside, those college kids still miss the feel of home and their families. Here are some unique college care package ideas that will surely show you care and think about them all the time.
1. Tastefully Simple
Every student apartment or dorm room has a microwave, and DIY Projects has a great little surprise for your favorite student with a sweet tooth. A mug cake is a cake that’s baked in a mug and can be ready in just a few minutes for a yummy treat that has the taste of home.
Your kid can share this healthy food care package with roommates and friends.
2. Fleece Scarf
3. The First Day College Care Package
This would make the perfect going away college gift baskets.
4. The Despicably Caring Package
Fill this kind of box with some fun food and tricks you can send your college kid to make them really feel like a kid again.
5. DIY College Bookmarks
These magical little bookmarks come together in a flash, and they’ll add spirit to even the toughest reading material.
They’re customizable to your recipient’s desires. Utilize the school logo, a piece of the college map, or any cute photos. Or perhaps a little Einstein for that science book will do the trick!
6. Practical Toiletries
Vitamins, dental picks, toothpaste, and first aid supplies are no fun to purchase on a thrifty student budget, but they are necessary — making them a welcome addition to any care package. Your kid will surely be relieved when they get this dorm care package from you.
7. The Monstrous University Care Package
Show how much you miss them with this care package that will make them feel like they belong. College can be tough, but it can also be fun when they open your college care package loaded with Monsters University stuff.
8. Night At The Movies College Care Package
If movie night is something your family does every weekend, why do your kids have to miss it when they’re away at college? Send them a care package to unwind after a hectic exam week.
9. Holiday College Care Package
10. The Get Well Soon Package
Even if your kids think they’re invincible, you know better. Make this get well soon care package and make sure that even if they fall ill, they can still feel Mom’s healing hands even from a hundred miles away.
11. The Hello Kitty Care Package
This care package will sure hit the spot and put a big smile on her beautiful face.
12. The Feel Of Home College Care Package
13. The Color Your World Package
This care package can bring a different color to cheer your kid up when all they seem to see (and feel) is blue. We made this yellow, but feel free to stock it up with any color your teen is fond of.
14. Happy Birthday College Care Package
15. The Stress Buster Care Package
Just imagine all the nights of cramming for finals week — that’s stressful! Show them how to manage stress and relieve it with this care package idea.
16. The Incredible College Care Package
Help your kid find his inner strength by sending him this ‘Incredible’ care package. Bulking up doesn’t have to be boring; it can also be fun!
17. The Cash Care Package
College students always seem to be short on cash, and letters from home or a nice book (especially with cash enclosed) are very much appreciated. Save this valuable present for a special occasion, like a birthday — and maybe get the grandparents and aunts and uncles in on it too!
Time to learn how to pack a college care package! Check out this video from Organized Momma:
The best care packages are loaded with things parents know their own kids will love and enjoy. Mix and match to send some love when your student starts experiencing the fun yet tough college days. Enjoy wrapping!
And if all else fails, you can always send a subscription box to your student as a gift.
Which college care package will you wrap for your college kid? Let us know in the comments section below!
- Closet Organizer Ideas | Chic Ideas In Organizing Bedroom Closets, Clothing and Accessories
- Amazingly Easy DIY Projects For Crafters
- DIY Wedding Gifts | Hand Painted Gold Mugs
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 30, 2015, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.