Make your doors warm and welcome your guests for fall with a pine cone flower wreath decoration. Here’s a guide to create this eye-catching fall decor that’s perfect for your porch.
Decorate Your Doors with A Pine Cone Flower Wreath in 3 Fun and Quick Steps
What You’ll Need:
1. Prepare Your Pine Cones
Wipe off the dust from the pine cones. Using heavy-duty scissors, cut the large ones into smaller inches to create pine coneflowers.
Start spray painting your pine cones depending on your preferred colors. Let them dry first before flipping over to apply paint on the other side.
- You can use vibrant shades to make your doors stand out or you can go all white for a look that’ll last until winter.
- You can also use monochromatic or contrasting colors depending on your desired style and design.
- Don’t forget to wear a mask and gloves and cover the surfaces while spray painting.
- Do this outdoors or in a well-ventilated area for your health and safety.
2. Attach Your Pine Cones to Your Wreath Frame
Once the pine cones are completely dry, use a hot glue gun to attach them to the wreath frame. Afterward, use a floral wire to make your pine cone wreath last longer.
Loop the floral wire around the middle of the pine cones. Then thread the floral wire to the wreath frame. This will help the pine cones to stay attached to the wreath frame even in extreme weather conditions.
Add decorations to your fall wreath by putting pine cone flowers on top. You can put as many pine cones and flowers as you want.
- Dimension: the wire wreath frame is approx. 12 inches/ 30 cm in diameter, proper size for any festival decoration
- Exquisite design: the green wire wreath is made of good quality metal with solid construction and smooth surface; It is durable for a long term application
- DIY supplies: the metal wreath is good for making DIY crafts; You can wrap some colorful wires, trees, and flowers around the wreath making ring to decorate your Christmas
- Easy to use: the beautiful rustic wire wreath is suitable for indoors, gardens or patios; This free standing metal wreath allows you to hang at any eave or ceiling
- Useful accessories: the floral wreath frame is great for providing a sturdy base for any wreath, whether it is fresh, dried or artificial, suitable for Christmas, or other holidays and events
3. Display Your Pine Cone Flower Wreath
Wait for 2-3 hours until your DIY wreath is dry. You don’t want the pine cones and flowers to slide off the wreath frame.
Install a heavy-duty hook to the door. Your DIY pine cone flower wreath is now ready to display!
It should look like this:
Aside from pine cones and flowers, you can also use other items from your garden such as wheat. On top of your pine cone flower wreath, learn how to make a wheat wreath for fall with this video from Garden Answer:
You don’t have to spend so much to dress up your doors for fall. Follow these 3 easy steps to create a pine cone flower wreath and leave a lasting impression on your guests and neighbors.
Do you have other ideas on how to make a pine cone flower wreath? Share them with us in the comments section below!
- 21 Easy And Fun DIY Crafts For Fall | Fall Decor Ideas
- Mesh Wreath Project: 15 DIY Mesh Wreath Ideas For All Seasons
- Grow Your Own Pumpkin Patch With This Halloween DIY!
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.