Looking to recreate the latest fall fashion trend? Take your DIY fall fashion outfits inspiration from these fabulous ideas and creations!
In this article:
- DIY Fall Cape
- DIY Distressed Fall Fashion Jeans
- Hem Chiffon Fall Fashion
- Make An Upcycled Shirt Dress
- DIY Peter Pan Collar
- DIY Tassel Necklace
- Fall Fashion Draped Skirt
- Fall Fashion Faux Fur Vest
- Make a Blanket Coat
- Add Sequin Patches to Your Sweater’s Elbows!
- Fall Fashion DIY Fringe Booties
- DIY Kimono
- Crochet a Chunky Scarf
13 Fall Fashion Trends to Rock on a Budget
1. DIY Fall Cape
Cape will always be in fashion during the cold seasons, so to add another piece to your collection. Make one you can wear from fall through to spring. You can, especially channel your inner Audrey Hepburn and rock this beautiful tweed cape this fall.
2. DIY Distressed Fall Fashion Jeans
Distress your denim at home to get the same designer denim look which is outrageously expensive. You might also want to raid your’s or your mom’s more relaxed jeans because they’re in!
3. Hem Chiffon Fall Fashion
Glam up with a ruffled hem by adding this fun extra border to your clothes to have you fall-ready!
4. Make An Upcycled Shirt Dress
Take your man’s unused dress shirts and turn them into this DIY chambray shirt dress you can wear to the office! It’s as simple as sewing up the sides by starting with a long shirt so it hits you at a good level.
5. DIY Peter Pan Collar
Dress pretty with a peter pan collar over any crew neck and enjoy a new and preppy look this fall. Or better yet, sew a great dress with this kind of collar.
6. DIY Tassel Necklace
Make this DIY beaded tassel necklaces for you or a friend! They’re easy to make and look like the designer version.
7. Fall Fashion Draped Skirt
Skirts will always be in fashion but for fall, a longer skirt is better. We have just the thing with this DIY draped front skirt tutorial.
8. Fall Fashion Faux Fur Vest
There are two fashion trends that are super in this fall and winter: furry coats and animal prints.
So, get in with the trend and make your own faux fur vest tutorial. This fall look is fun, fierce, and it’ll keep you warm!
9. Make a Blanket Coat
Blanket coats are a hot item this year! Make your own with this great tutorial for the best wool blanket wrap coat around.
10. Add Sequin Patches to Your Sweater’s Elbows!
Can this look get any cuter? Add some fun flair to your cozy sweaters by cutting out some sequins, and sewing them on as elbow patches!
11. DIY Fringe Booties
Nothing says “I’m ready to romp through a patch of pumpkins” better than booties with fringes. Turn last year’s booties into this year’s hot items by adding a layer of fringe around the top.
12. DIY Kimono
Kimono and capes are fall must-haves. Lucky for you it’s SUPER easy to make the former with this DIY sewing tutorial!
13. Crochet a Chunky Scarf
Learn to crochet your own infinity scarf. Make them in a rainbow of colors, and always have a scarf to match your look.
- The crochet hooks set (85-piece) includes 9 x Crochet Hooks (2.0-6.0mm), 12 x Aluminum Alloy Crochet Hooks (2.0-8.0mm), 14 x Plastic Ring Markers, 20 x Locking Stitch Makers, 6 x Plastic Yarn Needles, 6 x Sewing Needles, 4 x Needles Point Protectors, 3 x Plastic Bow Shape Needles, 2 x Sweater Pins, 2 x Row Counter, 2 x Yarn Threaders, 1 x Measure Ruler, 1 x Tape Measure, 1 x Yarn Remover Tool, 1 x Scissors, 1 x Storage Case.
- Ergonomically designed and smooth crochet will not hurt hand, comfortable to grip, help to avoid hand fatigue, to reduce stress on your fingers and wrist.
- The crochet storage case can help you store all crochet hooks and accessories neatly, stay organized, never lose anything again. Perfect for travel or crocheting everywhere, like the airport, a park, a train, on a boat or at home.
- After several times of craft polishing, our crochets don't snagging yarn or splitting the yarn. Plastic stitch markers can hook into the knitted or crocheted stitches quickly and will not slip out easily.
- These crochets have been marked sizes and diffrent colors, convenient to distinguish and find correct size. A perfect Christmas/New Year/Valentine's Day/Mother's Day/Birthday/Anniversary gift for your family or friends.
Take more fall fashion inspiration from the 2019-2020 top 10 fall trends in this video by Passion for Fashion:
Look hot and fabulous this cool fall and winter seasons without breaking the bank. Whether you like fabric works or simply mix and match your outfits, these trendy fall fashion ideas should inspire you.
Which ones from these DIY fall fashion trends are your favorite? Let us know below in the comments section!
- The Ultimate DIY Clothes Roundup
- 21 Fleece Patterns You Can Sew To Stay Warm This Winter
- 11 Pumpkin Dessert Recipes + QUIZ: Which Fall Dessert Should You Make?
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on September 16, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.