Looking for ultimate homemade skin care recipes? To help you, I’m sharing my list of homemade skin care recipes that have helped inspire and guide me through the years.
There are lots of ways to save money on your skin care products. No matter your skin type, having a skincare routine is essential. Your skin is exposed everyday – pollution, harsh weather conditions, stress, poor diet, and even gravity its health. Here is a list of awesome DIY skincare products that will leave you with fresh, rejuvenated skin again!
The Best Homemade Skin Care Recipes | Sugar Scrub, Gifts Ideas & More
Just like many of us, I cherished fruity, chemical-filled body splashes. I used a facial wash with little beads in it that made feel like it was really cleaning my face. I had a wide range of lotions and cleansers made of God knows what, but really smell’s great.
Luckily, I found my way to natural products that made me feel great, saved me more money and simplified my skin care regimen without compromising quality. I also would like you to have the same experience you’ll really be proud of. Enjoy browsing this list and find out what’s best for your skin.
1. Lip Scrub
Why bother exfoliating your lips? Your lips are exposed to the elements and the changes in weather, just like the rest of your skin. Dead skin cell build-up causes your lips to be dry and flaky. Use this lip scrub to rid yourself of chapped lips forever :
- Clean container
- 4 Aspirin (the inexpensive , uncoated kind)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Vitamin E capsule
Lavender is a lovely plant prized for its rich flowery fragrance. It is still one of the most desirable scents used by most modern perfume companies. This calming lotion is both soothing and refreshing. Try our homemade lavender lotion by following this simple recipe:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Beeswax(1 2oz bar)
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
3. Hydrating and Firming Mask
Instant face lift? Do it! Sometimes you just need that extra boost to help get you going. This simple, creamy, and affordable face mask can be yours with a few things you may already have in your pantry. Check out this quick DIY recipe to make this a natural firming mask in minutes:
- 1 Vitamin E capsule
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
Drain the contents of the vitamin E capsule into a small bowl. Add the honey and heavy cream and mix together until a smooth consistency forms. Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Super simple! This recipe is safe for all skin types and not to mention – it smells really lovely.
4. Green Tea + Grapefruit Toner
Do you have oily/combination skin? This green tea + grapefruit toner is perfect for you. It will also help to eliminate those pesky blackheads. Knock the dirt out with this awesome fruit and tea toner. The best part about this is you can snack on leftover grapefruit after! Yum!
- 2 green tea bags steeped in 1 cup water and cooled
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- Juice of 1/2 of a red grapefruit
5. Anti-Wrinkle Serum Using Egg Whites
No one likes wrinkles, but did you know you can eliminate their appearance using egg whites? The chilled egg whites serve as a firming agent which will reverse and essentially “fill in” the crow’s feet and wrinkles. Remember: Using a daily face lotion will help to avoid premature wrinkles in the first place. Eat healthy and get plenty of rest to have the best skin!
- Fresh, chilled egg whites
6. Lip Gloss
Banish dry winter lips with this smooth and buttery lip gloss. I am used to spending a ton of money on balms and glosses, but not anymore. If you’re trying to be frugal to save for that summer getaway then every penny counts. This is a great way to cut the spending on at home essentials! You can make lip butter in bulk and save it for later too, which totally helps add some bucks to that Bali trip!
- Chapstick or lip gloss containers (you can recycle old ones too)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 Tbsp beeswax (2 tsp for a softer butter)
- 1 tsp cacao powder (for chocolate)
- 4-5 drops essential oil (for vanilla flavor)
7. Acne Reducing / Pore Minimizing Scrub
What is acne and what really causes it? Acne is caused by an excess production of oil on your skin, leading to pimples. The pimples are most commonly on your face but can be just about anywhere. You don’t have to use fancy lotions and creams that can often do more harm than good. Often times, you can develop minor adult acne which is often more embarrassing than troublesome. Here is a great at-home recipe for acne relief for minor breakouts.
Warning: DO NOT ATTEMPT if your acne persists or appears more severe. Consult your physician for advice on what products to help take care of your acne properly.
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 drops tea tree oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp ground oatmeal (to desired consistency)
8. Tinted Foundation With Sunscreen
Ever wonder how to make tinted foundation without breaking the bank? Check out this ingredient list and swoon over how easy it make your own tinted foundation with sunscreen at home!
- 1.5oz Almond Oil (or unrefined, raw, organic carrier oil of your choice; learn more about carrier oils here and purchase them here)
- 1oz Shea Butter (organic, raw, unrefined shea butter like this)
- .5oz Cocoa Butter (organic, raw, unrefined cocoa butter like this)
- .5oz Beeswax (this is by far my favorite beeswax)
- 1/8t Vitamin E (make sure it’s not from GMO sources; this is my favorite Vitamin E)
- .5oz Zinc Oxide (make sure it is uncoated, non-nano, and not micronized; purchase the zinc oxide here)
- Cocoa Powder (organic cacao (or cocoa) powder like this)
- Cinnamon (organic cinnamon like this)
9. Instant Honey And Milk Sunburn Relief
Sunburn? Fear not. Follow this simple recipe to be back to fun in the sun!
- Two cups of raw, uncooked oatmeal
- one cup of whole milk to the water.
- Add one tablespoon of honey.
Do you want to make your valuables extra safe? Check out these cool but sneaky DIY secret stashes today! https://t.co/Wue6H4Fy7c
— DIY Projects (@DIY Projects) October 18, 2016
10. All-Natural Cold Cream
This all natural cold cream is a great at-home for a day spa routine and is safe to use daily.
- 2 Tablespoons of cosmetic grade beeswax pellets
- 1/4 Cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of tomato toner (or rose water for more sensitive skin)
- a few drops of eucalyptus oil
11. Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
A great all-around shower scrub. It is recommended that you get some gloves to help you exfoliate properly. Your skin will be left feeling smooth and silky. Store in a glass mason jar. Add raw vanilla bean stick (my personal touch) to add more scent. If you like the smell of fresh baked cookies, you’ll love this scrub!
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 2 cups Turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract (or your favorite essential oil)
12. Mud Mask
A great after work mud mask for a long week at the office. The best part? IT’S EDIBLE!
- 2-3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. buttermilk
- ¼-1/2 of a banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
13. DIY Coffee Scrub
Ever wonder what to do with those leftover coffee grinds? Well, a DIY coffee scrub is just waiting to give your skin such as moisturizing, firming, exfoliating, and brightening.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of sugar (white or brown)
- 5 tbsp coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. mason jar
14. Avocado Hair Mask
The benefits of using avocado on your skin and in your hair are endless. Avocados are high in Vitamin B and Vitamin E. The nutrients in avocados help promote a healthy scalp and nurse your hair back to health!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil (you can also use 2-3 Vitamin E capsules as well. Carefully split them open to drain oil)
15. DIY Moisturizing Bergamot Hand Cream
Moisturizing my hands is part of my beauty routine, make it yours too! I love this DIY moisturizing bergamot hand cream, it keeps my hands soft and fragrant.
- 1 cup distilled water
- 10-15 drops bergamot essential oil
- 1 tablespoon wax pellets
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 3/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 1-2 vitamin E capsules, broken open and liquid added to the mix (discard the shells)
Still up for one more homemade skin care recipe? Then, check this video from IdunnGoddess:
These are my secrets of keeping aging at bay and maintaining my skin’s youthful glow. Tell you what, try 2 or more from this list and experience the difference!
I hope you enjoyed my list of homemade beauty products! Are you going to try this homemade skin care recipes? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!
For more skin care tips and natural remedies, just click here
Want more homemade skin care products? Click here.