Create handmade Christmas stockings and personalize your mantel decor with these nifty ideas!
Awesome Handmade Christmas Stockings You Will Want to Make
Handmade Christmas Stocking Decorating Ideas
Get ready to beautify your fireplace mantel with these handmade Christmas stockings. It will definitely save you time and money as you create these DIY Christmas stockings ideas!
If you've got all your decors in line already, then make these personalized Christmas stockings as a present to your loved ones and friends. You'll never go wrong with handmade gifts such as these lovelies!
1. Monogram Christmas Stockings
Of course, the red and green Christmas colors will always be dear to us, but we love to go down the less beaten path once in a while.
These plain white and teal-shaded felt Christmas stockings, for instance, may not be your go-to shades, but they embody the frosty holiday spirit. The monogram and embellishments are also the icings on the cake!
2. Cute DIY Santa Stockings
3. Burlap Christmas Stockings
Want to go for the rustic Christmas decor this holiday season? These beautiful burlap Christmas stockings could be just what you need. It sure adds a rustic vibe to your holiday decor!
4. Sweater Christmas Stockings
Repurpose your old sweaters into cozy Christmas stockings because…why not? This idea is perfect especially if you are on a budget this holiday.
It would also be fun to add a fur cuff or embellishments to the stocking so it looks all the more perfect for Christmas.
5. No-Sew Christmas Stockings
Do you have zero sewing skills? No biggie, because this no-sew Christmas stocking will do the trick.
This Christmas stocking project is good for sewing beginners and even kids who want to get into the Christmas spirit!
- ACRYLIC YARN: 12 Yarn skeins Acrylic in Rainbow Colors-Best Material for Amigurumi and crochet projects, approx.110 yards (1.76oz.) PER SKEIN,total of 1312 yards (1200 m) quality hobby yarn which can meet your various knitting needs, great gift for beginners, experienced knitters, children and knitting groups.
- DK Yarn Ball: colorful yarn is very eye-catching, suitable for weaving various of projects and suits almost all occasions; Our all-in-one crochet kit including everything you need to crochet. Compact and portable.
- GET 41 Crochet Knitting Craft Kit: 9 crochet hooks(size 2.0mm & 6.0mm), 12 Golden Sewing needles,10 Locking stitch markers, 1 Row counter, 1 Measuring tape, 2 Stitch holder, 1 Gauge measure ruler, 3 Knitting needles,1 Yarn cutter to create a broad range of craft projects.
- Ergonomic Crochet Hooks: The crochet hooks are longer and produced with 5.9 inch long and wider handle than normal hooks, Smooth aluminum crochet and deep throat slip easily over woven yarn, the soft silicone grip will makes you crochet for hours without feeling pain or cramping, It is perfect for Arthritic Hands or those with Carpal Tunnel.
- Multiple Uses: Knitting yarn are great for inspiring imagination, creativity and practical ability.You can make various goods like hair accessories, dolls, coaster, scarf, flowers and other yarn projects for Halloween, Christmas, birthday parties and so on.
RELATED: 13 Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments For A Personalized Tree Decor
6. Simple DIY Christmas Stockings
These simple DIY Christmas stockings are a festive way to hold some treats and gifts for your loved ones. It may look time-consuming to make, but with the free stocking pattern and easy instructions, you will pull this off in one sitting.
You don't have to sew cuffs separately because folding an inch or two of the top part will give you the cuff you want in the stockings!
7. DIY Felt Christmas Stockings
What's amazing about felt fabrics is how easy they are to work with whether it's no-sew, machine, or hand-sewing. This tutorial for a pair of warm and cozy Christmas stockings is so easy, it'll be just like child's play!
8. Christmas DIY Elf Stockings
We just had to share this Christmas stocking tutorial with you crafters because don't you find it adorable? These handmade holiday elf stockings with curlicue toes are so charming, it'll be worth your effort.
We also suspect they will put a smile on your family's face.
9. Fur Flannel Christmas Stockings
Some like it classic and traditional, and some go for more elegant Christmas stockings. If you're for the latter, this fur and flannel stockings tutorial with a pattern matches your taste.
Your faux fur and flannel cuttings will now find some good use this holiday season!
10. Easy Sew Christmas Stockings
Don't want to stress over another complicated holiday project? Try these easy-sew DIY Christmas stockings, which are perfect for beginners.
There you have it, crafters! A neat list of 10 DIY Christmas stockings to spruce up your fireplace mantel.
Now you know where to get inspirations and instructions to make personalized Christmas stockings. Break out your crafting stash and find out which DIY Christmas stockings you can make with your supplies.
Which one of these Handmade Christmas stockings will you make this weekend? Let me know in the comments section below.
- Our DIY Christmas Ideas Roundup
- 12 Christmas Sweater Ideas You Can DIY On A Budget
- 7 Homemade Deicer Products For Your Frozen Driveways
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on December 9, 2015, and updated for quality and relevancy.