Planning your next trip? If you want to feel like a pro when packing, then these packing tips are for you. Have everything you need without over-packing.
How To Professionally Pack A Suitcase – Travel Packing Tips For Gals
How many times have you (or everyone in the room with you) had to sit on your suitcase just so you can press it close? How many times have you had to pay for extra baggage at the airport? How many times have you justified packing everything in your wardrobe with a shrug and a just in case?
If you’ve been in any of these situations, then it’s time to learn how to pack like a seasoned traveler. Whether you’re going away for a quick overnight R&R or a well-deserved one week getaway, these packing tips will surely turn you into a pro in no time.
A big thanks to the lovely Isabelle from Buzzfeed for sharing this life hack. Check out the original article here.
How to Pack an Overnight Bag
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- Whether it's a staycation or a spa retreat, packing an overnight bag lives by one rule and one rule only: Pack light.
- In its most minimalist, an overnight bag will only have your top for the next day, change of underwear, and toothbrush (which you may also opt not to bring if you're staying in a hotel).
- If you're bringing makeup, always think double purpose. Ditch your moisturizer and foundation and pack a tinted moisturizer instead.
- Packing Tips from the Pros: You know those drawstring bags that come when you buy shoes? Keep them! You can use them to separately pack your undies. By the end of your trip, you can also use it to store your laundry.
Going on a road trip soon? We've got DIY's for you! Check this out, they're awesome! http://t.co/3vBjA6LC7q#DIYpic.twitter.com/Xtvnj08lU3
— DIY Projects (@DIY Projects) April 20, 2015
How to Pack a Suitcase for a Weekend Getaway
Difficulty Level: Advanced
- Bring neutral-colored separates. You can easily create a variety of looks by mixing and matching these basics.
- Instead of bringing more clothes, bring more accessories. Not only do they take less space than bringing an extra pair of jeans or a light blazer, they also amp up your neutral basics. Recommended accessories include sunglasses, statement ring, and a bangle set.
- Instead of thinking of ways on how to pack an extra pair of shoes, save space and simply bring one pair that matches the looks you've put together. In line with this, take your destination and activities into account when packing shoes. If you're going to hit the beach, flip flops are a better option than say a pair of high heeled wedges.
- Packing Tips from the Pros: Create more options by bringing versatile clothing. For example, a maxi skirt can transform into a tube dress simply by adding a belt. This way, you can have two outfits in one piece of clothing.
How to Pack for a Week-Long Vacation
Difficulty Level: Expert
- Tank tops in basic colors or simple patterns is a great way to expand your wardrobe options when traveling long term. You can wear it as is or pair it with a long sleeved denim shirt with rolled up sleeves or top it with a light scarf for a more stylish look.
- Use luggage organizers to keep your things in order. This way, you don't have to unpack your entire bag whenever you need something, which is very advisable if you're the type to lose or misplace things easily.
- Skip the hair dryer and curling iron. Save some space in your bag by learning a few up-dos to keep your hair in tip top shape all the time. A classic bun or a simple low braid is ideal and fits all occasions that may arise in your trip.
- Packing Tips from the Pros: One of the best packing trips for travel is to roll your clothes to create more space in your luggage. You can use this extra space to fit souvenirs or items from your shopping spree.
Using these tips, your bags will be flawlessly packed and ready for anything your trip throws at you. Now get packing and hit the open road!
Click here to check out more from the incredible Isabelle at Buzzfeed!
Want more travel hacks? Then check out this video from Tara Michelle:
Are you going to try these packing tips? Let me know how it went in the comments below!
Stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,and Instagram!
LIKE this? I'm sure you'll LOVE:
How To Professionally Pack A Suitcase – Travel Packing Tips For Dudes
15 Road Trip Inspired DIY’S You Need To Know About
[…] your travel packing checklist ready? If you’re heading off to your most-awaited vacation but having a hard time deciding […]
[…] we all go through this debacle. And most of the time, we end up overpacking. The solution? Learn how to pack like a […]