Skip that artificial smell from scented candles and go for natural fragrances from simmer pots. Spread cozy and warm aroma in your home, and set the holiday mood this winter with these simmer pot recipe ideas.
RELATED: How To Make Potpourri For Your Home
11 Easy Simmer Pot Recipes You Need to Try for a Delightful-Smelling Home | Winter Stovetop Potpourri
1. Cinnamon Apple Simmer Pot
This is a typical stovetop potpourri recipe. By adding a few of the following ingredients, your home will already be filled with scent as if you’re baking cinnamon rolls:
- 【Material and Technology】This apple peeler is made from Ultra-Strong Die Cast stainless steel, which means it won’t rust and is very durable not brittle steel for greater stability and strength.
- 【Easy To Use】Apple Peeling Machine for peeling, coring, and slicing apples simultaneously in just seconds with an easy turn of the handle.Slices and cores at the same time, or just peels without coring or slicing;wipe clean with warm,soapy water.
- 【VERSATILE】The Apple Peeler, Slicer, and Corer is perfect for preparing apples for pies, tarts, salads, and canning. And the orange citrus peelers is good for remove the peel of orange, lemon, grapefruit, lime.Easy to wash and clean.
- 【Strong Suction Base】Firmly grips smooth, non-porous surfaces.
- 【Application】Great for apple pies or pear fruit tarts, potato au gratin, or fresh apple slices in cool spiral shapes for kids after school snacks.
2. Citrus Simmer Pot
Get instant energy not only for winter but for any season as well, and add a burst of light to your home during lifeless winter days. Additionally, achieve a refreshing and light fragrance like you just finished cleaning with this recipe that uses citrus peels:
3. Holiday Simmer Pot
Add brilliant licorice and spiced fragrances made of natural ingredients to your home. Smell the holiday season, such as the scent of a real live pine tree, with the combination of these items that’s perfect for get-togethers. You can also put these in a cellophane bag to serve as your gifts to your family and friends:
- Pine branch clippings
- Dried cranberries
- Dried oranges
- Star anise
- Whole cloves
- Cinnamon sticks
4. Gingerbread Simmer Pot
If you wish for your home to smell like baked goods this winter, use the following spices which are almost the same when you’d make a real gingerbread. These will leave a strong and sharp yet cozy smell in the air:
5. Bay Wreath Simmer Pot
To attain a clean and subtle earthy aroma, add these herbs to your pot which are also used when roasting and stewing:
6. Warm Floral Simmer Pot
Aside from its wonderful smell, this stovetop potpourri also looks lovely while on your stove. Combine the following items with your favorite flower to achieve a warm aura during winter:
7. Pumpkin Spice Simmer Pot
As you feel the cool breeze of winter, you’ll be longing for warm flavors, such as pumpkin spice, to keep you comfortable. Also, if you’re a fan of using this flavor when making pumpkin pies, you can make a homemade version of this fragrance using the following seasonings:
- Ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon sticks
- Ginger or candied ginger
- Whole cloves
- Vanilla extract
- Apple cider
- Pumpkin spice
8. Pine and Juniper Simmer Pot
If you want to go see and smell the forest but don’t want to freeze to death outside, bring the minty scent inside your home. Take a deep breath as the following ingredients release a menthol fragrance in the air:
9. Mulled Wine Simmer Pot
It won’t be a problem if you don’t have a bottle of wine on hand. Just mix the following ingredients for that rich smell of mulled cider with no alcohol:
10. Cold and Flu Fighting Simmer Pot
Make efforts to stay healthy, and improve your wellness as the winter season can bring sickness such as cough, cold, and flu. Create this stovetop potpourri to release moisture and purify the air which will help loosen your phlegm and relieve your other illnesses. Fight germs and make the air you breathe healing, comforting, and soothing by combining the following items which are also used in essential oils:
11. Warm Outdoors Simmer Pot
Transport the scent of outdoor freshness inside your home by mixing the following in your pot with water:
Making a simmer pot requires both boiling and simmering to make it successful. Learn the difference between these two methods in this video by Bed Bath & Beyond:
A simmer pot can make your home smell mouthwatering while adding moisture and warmth at the same time. Freshen the air naturally in your home with these simmer pot recipe ideas.
Do you have other simmer pot recipes in mind? Share them with us in the comments section below!
- Fresh and Velvety Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Easy Egg Recipes | Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- DIY Wood Cutting Board You Can Make From Scrap Wood
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.