Making A Balloon Bowl From Scratch
Sometimes a little DIY is the trick to keep the kids busy on a tiring afternoon. This balloon bowl is tried and tested, and it never fails. Kids can go a whole afternoon just making this project all on their own.
Here’s what you’ll need for the balloon bowl:
- Confetti or sheets of recycled paper
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Pie pan or similar container
Step 1: Prep The Confetti
If you’re choosing this project to keep your kids preoccupied, give them sheets of paper and have them cut this into tiny squares to make them look like confetti. If you’d like, you can also give them a hole punch instead of a pair of scissors.
- WELCOME IN YOUR HOUSE A MEAL COOKING SET THAT HAS IT ALL: A fantastic kit that not only includes precise cooking instructions, but also contains all the necessary ingredients necessary for our delicious recipes. This is a baking kitchen set that stands out, allowing you to appreciate and enjoy your moments with your loved ones
- PRE-MEASURED INGREDIENTS FOR MINIMUM FUSS: Coming with carefully calculated portions for optimum results and clear step by step instructions with pictures that can be followed easily, building your kid's self-esteem and sense of accomplishment
- IDEAL PARTY SUPPLY: A super fun activity that a whole group of kids can do together. They will enjoy themselves, improve their communication skills and most importantly learn valuable lessons in the process
- ENJOY QUALITY FAMILY TIME THROUGH VALUABLE EXPERIENCES: Families who cook together and eat together, spend quality time together. The best of times are spent around the supper table, the holiday table and the talks cleaning up
- AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE BAKING SET FOR KIDS AND TEENS: Experimenting in the kitchen can be an extremely fun activity as there is a natural curiosity and creativity in kids that fits perfectly in the kitchen. On top of that, you will find inside science and word games that you can solve together while enjoying the fruit of your labour. BOX DIMENSIONS: 8.00 x 8.00 x 2.4 Inch
Step 2: Make The First Layer
Inflate a balloon and set this on a pie pan to keep it from moving all over the table. Make sure to have the end with the knot away from you. Then, place glue on top of the balloon. Spread the glue using a paint brush, and sprinkle the confetti on the glue.
Step 3: Add More Layers
Once the first layer has dried, add more layers of glue and confetti. Doing so will create a sturdier bowl. By the way, if you want the bowl to have a flatter bottom, simply press down on it lightly with a book.
- PAPER GARLAND.Glitter sparkle 10 feet 30 dots each one stand,2pc,20 feet in total,each dots 2.5'' in diameter,high quality craft paper dots with sewing thread,much shine
- GARLAND DECORATION.Ideal to use as backdrop or banners,kids party supplies,wall decor, decorative hanging ornaments, light up your party or for daily life decoration for room
- CIRCLE GARLAND.Hang from the ceiling,above a table,under the verandah,from branches in trees,or in a doorway, window, archway,delicate and romantic fluff up your festival celebration and event party
- PARTY BANNER.Perfect for wedding/ birthday/ baby shower/ tea party/ Christmas/ Thanks giving party/ bridal shower/ dots party
- PAPER CONFETTI.Due to delicate nature of thread, unroll carefully,can tangle
Step 4: Pop The Balloon
Here comes one of the fun (yet scary) parts of this tutorial: popping the balloon. You can use either a pin or even the tip of the pen for this step.
Step 5: Trim The Edges
Clean up the bowl by trimming away the excess pieces. Doing so will also ensure there are no rough edges on the sides of the bowl.
- 🎈 CONFETTI FILLED BALLOON -- Each balloon is pre-filled with a generous handful of confetti, adding the "wow" factor to any celebration! Weddings, or a grown up celebration!
- 🎈 MAKE YOUR OCCASION SPECIAL -- Prepared for wedding, birthday party, baby shower, bridal shower, Christmas, New Year's Eve and other festivals, adding romantic and festive atmosphere.
- 🎈 SUPER SIZE -- Max. 36'' when inflated, 13'' when flat. Confetti measures 0.6 '' in diameter. The BIGGER you blow it up, the more CLEAR and ROUND it will be.
- 🎈 HOW TO USE -- When filled with air, shake these glitter balloons and rub on a carpeted surface to get the confetti to stick to the sides.
- 🎈 PLEASE TAKE CARE -- When filled with helium, the confetti may settle at the bottom and the balloons will have a shortened float time due to the added weight of the confetti inside them and the ribbon tying them.
And there you have it!
This balloon bowl is one of my favorites because it makes me feel like I’m hitting 2 birds with 1 stone. I get some peace and quiet in the house, while the kids learn to do one of the things I love best: DIY Projects!
Want to see another balloon bowl design? The video below has zebra stripes in its confetti. Check it out here:
Don’t be shy in using your kid’s balloon bowl all around the house. Turn it into a jewelry holder or a spare key or coins tray. You could also scoop a handful of candy inside and place this on top of your coffee table for your guests.
Will you be making a balloon bowl this weekend? Let us know in the comments below.
Want to see more crafts for kids? Check out these DIY slime recipes!
Feature image via So Craftastic