Transform a corner of your home into a functional workspace with these DIY corner desk ideas. Choose from this list to help you find the perfect desk that would fit your office environment needs.
13 DIY Corner Desk Designs to Build for an Efficient Work From Home Setup
1. Gaming-Style Corner Desk
If you’re a gamer who wants to make a multi-functional table, then this corner desk is perfect for you. You can use this setup for your studies, work, and gaming needs.
- 【Safety Upgrade LED decorative Light Strip 】LED strip adopts double-layer copper PCB board, which gives off minimal, safe heat .Equipped with UL certificated 12V power adapter, makes it a top priority for child and puppy safety. 300 premium leds, For a scintillating, longer lifespan.
- 【Color changing remote】MESUN light strip can be switched via a high sensitive IR controller. There are 20 basic colors and 8 light modes to choose from. Surprisingly, you can DIY your own color according to your preference! Dimmable light strip, you can change the brightness you want in 8 levels. The bright light will illuminate your room and the warm light will help your child sleep with sweet dreams.
- 【Strong Self-adhesive & DIY】With professional 3M super adhesive double sided tape and 4 sturdy clips, just stick the led strip light on any clean, dry surface，you won't have to worry about light strips falling off the wall. Following the visible markers, you can cut the strip to the length you want. Flexible light strip can also be easily bent or folded in the corner to help you decorate every part of your cozy home!
- 【Multi-Application&Gift package】MESUN light strips are designed for decorating bedrooms, stairs, closets, bars, desks, etc to fill the space full of brightness. It is the preferred light strip to decorate for parties, birthdays, Christmas, Halloween and other events.Exquisite packaging，best gift choice for your family and friends.
- Perfect Interior Decoration: MESUN strip lights are suitable for any interior scenario such as kitchens, cabinets, living rooms, bedrooms, desks, staircases, bars.
2. Single-Person Corner Desk
If you’re the only one who’ll work and use the table, then build a corner desk for you and you alone. Make it as compact as possible so it would fit even in the smallest corners of your home.
This DIY corner desk doesn’t take up too much space. If you need an additional storage area, you can create compartments where you can keep your other items.
- Space-saving mesh design with stylish drawer. No tools needed.
- Two side load letter trays, and a tray with a 3 compartment Drawer. Upright section has five 2" Compartments.
- Desk storage, file folder and letter organizer
- Dimension: 13.25"L x 13"W x 9"H
- USPTO Patent NO:D890,842
3. Wooden Corner Desk
Give your workspace a rustic and Scandinavian look with this DIY open wooden table. Put emphasis on natural products, and apply your woodworking skill.
It might seem complicated to build, but you don’t have to be an expert to complete this project. Whether you need a big or small desktop, you can cut the wood to your preferred size. This way, you can accommodate the space you want to use in your home.
- 4.5 amp motor and Variable speed of up to 3,000 SPM
- New and improved Wire Guard Sightline channel that improves visibility to cut line
- Base plate tilts to allow bevel cuts
- Dust blower helps to keep saw dust out of your work area
- Included Components: (1) BDEJ300C; Stroke Length: 0.75 in; Stokes per Minute: 3000 spm
4. Bar Corner Desk
It won’t be a problem if you only have a small space in your home. You can still turn it into an effective workspace with this DIY corner desk.
Gather some plywood and brackets, and set your table to a height that’s as tall as a bar. Then, you can either stand or sit down while working. Just ready your barstool in case you want to do the latter.
Alternatively, you can convert the existing bar in your home, and make working hours both fun and productive. Sip some liquor to energize you while working, or stay until the end of the day, then open the bar.
5. L-Shaped Corner Desk
If you have an area that’s large enough to fit three persons, this setup can make use of that space. You can socialize with others as you work since this desk can fit multiple people at the same time.
6. Desk With Cabinets
With this desk, you can store your items in cabinets or drawers, and make them accessible at the same time. Make use of vertical storage, and create as many compartments as you wish. You can also build a lap drawer where you can keep things you use most of the time.
Aside from cabinets, you can also leave spaces under your desktop, and place baskets or bags as substitutes.
7. Crafty Corner Desk
Show your personality with this DIY corner desk. Style it according to your liking, and make it colorful if you want to. Customize not only your table but your walls, windows, and shelves as well based on your character.
The overall vibe in this corner of your room can jazz up and increase your productivity at work. Additionally, it can boost your mood and improve your performance as well.
8. Glass Window Corner Desk
Enjoy the brightness of natural light when you place your desk beside a glass window. When you feel stressed at work, simply look outside and appreciate the beauty of nature. It can make you feel energized and focused on what you’re doing.
Additionally, this setup lets you take breaks between hours and allows you to have some breathing room. This is also a perfect desk for writers who want to feel inspired while working.
9. Minimalist Corner Desk
If you don’t want a fancy table for your home office, adopt some minimalist and modern concepts. Build an item that would fit in the corner and provide enough space for your necessities at the same time.
Since you’ll occupy a small area, you can put shelves under your table for extra storage. Another key would be your color combinations. Opt for white to make your corner desk look neat so you can work comfortably.
10. Floating Desk
If you have floating cabinets at home, why not pair them with a floating desk? This is also a unique way to save a lot of space. It can give you extra legroom as well so you can relax and stretch your muscles.
Mount your desk onto the wall, and it would result in a floating appearance. However, keep in mind to exert less pressure on your table.
11. Antique Corner Desk
Do you want your work table to match the rustic decor in your home? Then build a corner desk that’s made of 100% wood.
Use some reclaimed wood and apply paint on it so your table would look vintage and full of character. You can also design your desk according to your personal style. Instead of putting wood color, you can experiment with other hues that would go with your room.
Alternatively, you can combine wood with metal to make your DIY corner desk more durable.
12. Bookcase Corner Desk
Whether you love reading or need books for work, this corner desk will make those publications accessible at all times. You’ll feel as if you have your own personal library in your home office.
Mount bookshelves onto the wall, and place them either above your head or beside your table. Aside from books, you can also make these shelves your storage for your other office items.
13. Standing Desk
You might think that standing while working is more tiring than when you’re seated. However, standing does a brilliant job in improving your health and wellness. If you want to increase the frequency of standing that you do, this DIY corner desk is ideal for you.
This setup provides several benefits. It can help you lose weight and prevent back pain. Additionally, it can regulate your blood sugar levels.
Be it a short or long table, or standing or sitting desk, you can draw inspiration from these DIY corner desk ideas. Maximize a small corner in your room so you can work from the comfort of your home.
Do you have other DIY corner desk ideas you can make by yourself? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!
- 25 Smart DIY Hidden Storage Ideas For Every Corner Of Your Home
- DIY Personal Projects: How To Build A Secret Drawer For Your Desk
- Make Your Own Fire Starter At Home | 11 DIY Fire Starter Ideas
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.