Instagram hacks can help you boost the quality of your Instagram account with simple changes. To help get you started, here are 15 game-changing Instagram hacks.
15 Best Instagram Hacks That Will Level up Your Insta Game
1. Cop the Rainbow Ombre Text Effect on Instagram Stories
Ever wondered how people create a gradual rainbow-colored text on their Instagram Stories? Well, all you need are some finger gymnastics to do it.
Here’s how to do it:
- Type in your text and select them all.
- Put one finger on the purple color, and one finger held on the text cursor in the last letter.
- Drag both of your fingers at the same time towards the left of the screen.
- Your text colors will change into an ombre effect!
2. Limit Time on Instagram
Instagram can be a wormhole of endless scrolling if you’re not careful. If you find yourself spending too much time on the app, then you might want to set a reminder for yourself if you’ve reached your threshold.
Here are the Instagram hacks that show you how you can set a time limit:
- Go to your profile and select the menu on the upper-right of your profile.
- Select Your Activity. There you’ll see how many hours you spend on average daily on Instagram.
- Select Set Daily Reminder under the Manage Your Time subheading.
- Toggle the timer on your preferred time for how long you are okay with being on Instagram. Then, select the Set Reminder button.
- Instagram will send you a reminder if you’ve reached the limit you have set for yourself.
3. Schedule Your Posts
Scheduling your posts allows you to keep up your engagements even if you aren’t on Instagram on that day. This is just one of many Instagram hacks that are practical for people who are using Instagram for their business.
4. Make a Photo Collage Instagram Story
One of the simpler Instagram Story hacks: If you want to put more than one photo on your Instagram Story, all you need to do is a simple copy and paste of your photos from your gallery. This gives you the opportunity to create a photo collage from all sorts of photos.
5. Create a Shadow Effect on Your Insta-Stories Text
Having a shadow effect on your texts is a simple playing around of the coloring of text on Instagram Stories.
First, you should create the text phrase that you want to shadow. Then, copy the same text phrase in the same size but in a darker or lighter color to create that drop shadow effect.
It adds depth to your text and makes it feel more solid.
6. Get Some Glowing Emojis
If you want your emojis to stand out, then you might want to get them to “glow.”
To do that, all you need is to open the text on Instagram Stories, then select the Neon font option. Once you start to put in emojis, they will then have a glowing emoji effect.
7. Add a Sheer Overlay to Make Your Photo Subject Matter Pop
The background might not be as blurred as you would like, which can detract from your subject matter. Therefore, having a sheer overlay is going to make it easier for you to make your subject pop.
Here’s a step-by-step to help you:
- Select your photo for the Instagram Story.
- Click the Pen icon on the upper right. Then, choose the second marker icon.
- Choose the color you want your sheer overlay to be.
- Tap and hold at the center of the photo. Your photo will then be covered by the sheer overlay in the color you chose.
- You can then play around with the sheer overlay by erasing parts of it with the Eraser tool.
8. Insert a Soundtrack for Instagram Stories
Putting on a tune is one of the better Instagram Stories hacks. Did you know you can add up to 15 seconds of music to your Instagram stories? Make sure that your Instagram is updated to its latest version to make this work.
Then, choose your photo or video of choice. Choose the stickers option and then choose the music sticker option.
You can then choose from Instagram’s library of music to add to your Instagram Stories. With your chosen song, you can fast forward or rewind to find the specific parts of the song that you want.
Sometimes lyrics are also available for a few of the songs that you can add to your Instagram story. If they tap on the lyrics, people can see more information about the song artist.
9. Create Solid Overlays for Sneak Peeks of Your Photos
If you really don’t want your background to be that obvious, then you should create a more solid overlay for your photos. It’s a great effect if you want to create sneak peeks of your photos.
It’s a lot similar to how you create the sheer overlay, except instead of using the second marker icon, you should use the first icon. It should create a solid overlay and you can get creative with how you reveal the photo with your eraser tool.
10. Make Cover Photos for Your Instagram Videos
If you post an Instagram Video, you can change the cover shown on your feed by selecting the part of the video you want as a thumbnail.
Simply upload your video, then choose the Cover option. Afterward, you can then drag the bar at the bottom of the screen to choose which screenshot will make the best cover for your video.
11. Turn Your Face Into a Sticker
Instagram hacks that add a unique touch to your Instastories are always welcome. With that said, here’s how you can turn your own face into a sticker that you can stick all over your Instagram story:
- Choose/take the photo that you want to stick your selfie sticker onto.
- Select the sticker option.
- On the second row, choose the camera option that has your profile picture on it.
- Frame your face and take the photo.
- You will then have a sticker of your face. Personalize it by changing the framing options.
12. Add Fonts Not Available on Instagram Stories
13. Share Your Videos Without Sound
Sometimes, you feel your videos have more impact without any audio (or you have an awesome clip to share but don’t really want anyone to hear what’s going on in the background). You might want to upload your videos without the sound.
Here are the steps you should follow for this Instagram hack:
- Create your new video post and choose the video you want to post.
- Select Next at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then, select the Speaker icon available at the top so you can turn off the sound. Your video should now be silent when you upload it.
14. Do Scrapbook-Type Lettering Style
A cute way to present text on your Instagram Story is by creating a scrapbook-type lettering style as one of the Instagram hacks.
All you need to do is to change the color of the background of each letter of the text and misaligning it a little beside each other. It can take a little while but it adds that cute scrapbook effect.
15. Organize Your Favorite Posts on Instagram
You should know by now the Bookmark option on Instagram, but did you know that you can organize these posts into different categories?
Here’s how you can do that:
- On the Saved screen, tap the plus symbol at the upper right corner.
- You will be led to a page that allows you to create a new collection.
- After that, you will be able to select posts you’ve saved that you might want to add to the collection.
Here are some fun and creative Instagram photo hack ideas from Crafty Panda:
All of these Instagram hacks can upgrade your Instagram presence to the next level. Apply these Instagram hacks to your posts and Stories next time and see just how well your Instagram will improve over time.
Which of these Instagram hacks are you most interested in trying first? Leave a comment down below to let us know!
- How To Make a Light Box & Improve Your Product Photos
- DIY Printed Photo On Canvas Project
- 11 DIY Photography Equipment Hacks And Ideas On A Budget