Looking for kite making instructions? This tutorial is easy enough for kids, but fun enough for adults too! Let’s go and make some paper kites, shall we?
In this article:
- 15 DIY Kite Making Tutorials for Kids
DIY Kite Making Instructions
15 DIY Kite Making Tutorials for Kids
DIY kite making is super easy and a practical craft that you and your kids can enjoy constructing. Simple kites can be constructed from basic supplies on hand like paper, paper bag, trash bags, drinking straws, etc.
- STURDY, STRAIGHT, STRONG STICKS – These wooden dowel rods are made from premium quality Birch wood. Straight, sturdy, and uniform in thickness and length, these durable wooden sticks are ideal for many projects. You will not find any cracks, discoloration, or chips in this pack of 500 round dowels.
- EASY-TO-USE SMOOTH WOOD – No need to worry about getting splinters or hurting yourself when handling these small wooden dowels. Made from pre-sanded wood, these dowel sticks are smooth and splinter-free. Smooth wood means that these are safe wood craft rods for kids too.
- MANY, MANY USES – These wood dowels can be used for, literally, thousands of projects: party paraphernalia (think party wands, wedding wands, photo prop sticks), wooden cake dowels for stacking tiered cakes, kite sticks, pennant stick, music class rhythm sticks, weaving sticks, wooden closet rod, home décor projects. A dash of creativity is all you need to transform these blank wooden rods into your next project!
- GREAT FOR CRAFTS – Create charming projects with these wood craft dowels, ideal for professional hobby crafters and kids too! Easily decorate the craft sticks with paint, wood stain, or embellishments.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED WOOD – These wooden dowel rods are crafted from sustainably sourced wood. We, at Woodpeckers, understand how important it is to give back to the environment. We support the Arbor Day Foundation, planting trees for the future of our planet.
So here we have collected 15 DIY kite making tutorials so you can learn how to make a kite for your kids and let them help. Which one is your favorite?
1. DIY Paper Kite
2. DIY Diamond Kite
3. Quilt Kite
4. DIY Box Kite
5. Tissue Paper Kite
6. Fun Shapes Kite
7. Plastic Bag Kite
Be kind to your surroundings and make use of trash bags not needed anymore. Upcycle a trash bag into an awesome kite; frugal fun for all ages.
8. Lunch Sack Kite
9. Patterned Paper Kite
Enjoy creating your own cute and colorful homemade paper kites with just a few supplies you already have on hand. Patterned paper kites are the most fun project to work on with the kids, especially on perfect weather.
10. Patchwork Kite
If you’ve already got yourself a store-bought kite, go ahead and give it a fun DIY makeover. A patchwork body to recreate your kite into a DIY kite craft!
11. Curved Paper Kite
12. Plastic Tablecloth Kite
13. Tetrahedral Kite
This kite looks really difficult and time-consuming, but once you see the tutorial you’ll see constructing tetrahedral kites is fairly easy to understand and carry out. It is quite unique and not common at all, which makes it all the more special!
14. Windsock Kite
15. Store Flyer Kite
This is another quick and simple kite project made out of a grocery store flyer. Or you can simply use both an old newspaper and a plastic bag for this store flyer kite, and you’ll be flying through the air in no time.
Need one more kite making project for the kids? See how you can make a newspaper kite from April Bryan:
DIY kite making is so easy and fun to create especially with friends and loved ones. Not to mention doing it with the little kids and having them find out they can make their own kites with your supervision.
With this list of DIY kite projects, you won’t run out of ideas to choose from.
Which kite making project are you going to try with the kids? Let us know below in the comments section!
- 37 Insanely Easy DIY Projects For Beginners
- 57 Easy Crafts To Make And Sell
- 60 Gifts In A Jar That Are Oh So Cute And Easy To DIY
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on May 11, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.