DIY baby cribs can be just as safe, sturdy and beautiful as store bought options. Nothing is too good for your baby, so why do you settle for cribs that are made by companies you don’t even know? They’re tested for safety, but often times are less safe than solid cribs you can make yourself. You’re handy enough, and these baby cribs are super simple to make.
DIY Baby Cribs No Other Parent Thought of
1) Co Sleeper Crib
This Do it Yourself co sleeper crib allows you to tuck your infant close to you while at the same time ensuring they’re safe. There are super expensive versions available on the market, or you could grab some wood and make one yourself. Always be careful when making cribs for your infant, and follow all instructions.
2) The Basic
This very basic baby crib is a great DIY project to get started on the right foot. Perfect for your baby and easily customizable it’s simple to make and even simpler to tuck into your babies bedroom. Crafted originally by distinctly made this crib is a clean and easy crib to build.
- A FRENCH TOUCH - Taking inspiration from the 14th-century architecture of the small French town of Dinan, the Madison features a full-panel headboard, exquisite art deco inlay trim, fluted legs, bi-level molding and a footboard with routing lines
- 5-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY - The Madison converts to a toddler bed with our conversion kit (sold separately) and daybed. Add our wooden bed frame (sold separately) to convert it into a full-size bed. It also features 3 mattress height settings
- TIMELESS FINISH - The Madison is available in an Antique Mist finish that complements any color scheme and is perfect for a boy or girl nursery. The crib is crafted out of kiln-dried hardwood with fine veneers
- SAFETY FIRST - Our cribs are built to the highest safety standards that meet/exceed those set by the CPSC, JPMA and ASTM. Each of our cribs undergoes rigorous testing by independent laboratories for compliance with all US and Canadian crib regulations
- A LIFETIME INVESTMENT - Pick coordinating pieces from our Evolur Madison Collection like the double dresser, tall chest, hutch/bookcase and nightstand to create an timeless nursery. Crib dimensions are 58.60″ L(W) x 31.10″ W(D) x 51.50″ H
3) Crib with a gate
This crib has a gate that drops down allowing easy access to an infant or toddler on a regular basis. Without a drop gate it’s difficult to lift an infant out of the crib, but a drop gate like the one on this schematic makes for a great baby crib, with an easy to use and operate drop gate.
4) Blue Stain Pine
This crib is made with smooth elegant wood with different colors allowing the beauty of the natural would to come out and stand strongly while still being sturdy enough to be beaten on for years by a toddler. A wonderful strong crib that you can easily build all by yourself.
5) The Outdoors Kid
This crib is crafted out of plywood and with dried trees for bars, a great addition to any outdoorsy kids. It’s a beautifully made crib, for an amazing little one. There is nothing in the world better than a safe place to sleep and it’s clear that this crib is not only safe, but a great place to have sweet dreams well into the night.
- CONVERTIBLE DESIGN: The Storkcraft Portofino Fixed Side Convertible Crib converts easily from crib to toddler bed/day bed & even full bed! This versatile crib will provide your child with a comfortable place to sleep from infancy through adolescence.
- ALL IN ONE: Designed with the convenience of an added changing station with a water-resistant change pad, 3 drawers, open shelves, and a toddler rail included for conversion.
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS HEIGHT: With adjustable mattress heights, the Storkcraft Portofino Convertible Crib will keep your baby safe and comfortable in a bed that will grow with them. This convertible, adjustable, versatile bed can last your child a lifetime (Mattress not included).
- ONLY ONE YOU NEED: With an assortment of modern finishes, Storkcraft baby cribs coordinate with any nursery décor. A Storkcraft crib could be the only bed you'll ever to purchase for your child, as they convert to multiple stages to grow with your child
- COMPLETE BEDROOM SOLUTION: Storkcraft manufactures products for the total infant, kid’s, or teen bedroom solution, including changing tables, dressers, glider rocker chairs, mattresses, beds, and bunk beds from brands like Graco, Thomasville, or Broyhill
6) The Farmhouse Crib
Designed with barn doors in mind this crib is designed for the outdoorsy kid who loves cows, chickens, horses and more. A cute crib with plenty of room for fluffy support throughout this crib when crafted properly can deliver solid and never ending sweet dreams to the kid sleeping in its safe haven. Built with pallets much like a barn door and stained to bring out the natural beauty in the wood.
7) The Car Bed
This cute little car bed has a changing table built right in and with plenty of room you can be sure your little one will be dreaming of racing all night long. With a drop down side you can easily scoop your infant out and the do it yourself ability left with this build makes it easy to ensure you get the baby crib of your nursery dreams. Not settling is the key here, especially when the build can be a little taxing.
8) Slanted Crib, the ‘High Life’
This crib is at a slight slant, allowing you to reach in and retrieved your baby while also keeping a high enough crib to ensure that your baby doesn’t accidentally fall out. A safe and easy to build crib this little beauty can raise and lower if built properly ensuring that you can alter the crib as need be to ensure that your little ones don’t have any issue with staying inside their sleep station throughout the night. It’s a great do it yourself design made by a master woodworker for people who want to build their own cribs for their own babies.
Babies are precious, and ensuring you have the best possible crib for your baby doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. You can build your own from scratch no matter what kind of room, theme or style you want your crib to be. You should accept nothing less than the best for your baby, and crafting their bed with your own two hands is one of the best possible ways to show you care for them while saving some serious cash from buying a cheaply made bed.
- Taking inspiration from the 14th-century architecture of the small French town of Dinan, the Madison features a full-panel headboard, exquisite art deco inlay trim, fluted legs, bi-level molding and a footboard with routing lines
- Product dimensions – 58.6” L x 31” D x 51.5” H
- Our cribs are built to the highest safety standards that meet/exceed those set by the CPSC, JPMA and ASTM. Each of our cribs undergoes rigorous testing by independent laboratories for compliance with all US and Canadian crib regulations
- The Madison is available in an Antique Mist finish that complements any color scheme and is perfect for a boy or girl nursery. The crib is crafted out of kiln-dried hardwood with fine veneers
- The Madison converts to a toddler bed with our conversion kit (sold separately) and daybed. Add our wooden bed frame (sold separately) to convert it into a full-size bed. It also features 3 mattress height settings
Always make everything you can, so you can pass on the items you make to your kids when they’re older. These cribs are all done it yourself, and allow you to build and craft your crib to your liking. Customizing everything about it, even before you need the crib. If you build them a crib from scratch, their children, and probably even their grandchildren, will use that crib.
Have you tried any of these diy baby cribs? Tell us all about it in the comments
More baby DIY articles