Have a DIY laundry room makeover with these creative laundry room organization ideas! Whether you're in need of a laundry room remodel on a budget or just looking for some laundry room storage solutions, you've come to the right place. We've rounded up some of the smartest laundry room organization ideas for a laundry area that is sure to be Pinterest-worthy!
Clever Laundry Room Organization Hacks You'll Dig!
1. DIY Laundry Pedestal
If you want to save on drawers, try making this DIY project. Just a little woodworking and you can create some inexpensive storage.
2. Hanging Door Rack
Utilize all surfaces and spots in your laundry room. This useful hack uses the back of the door to hang a rack to organize laundry supplies.
3. Rolling Laundry Basket Dresser
An easy DIY project to keep everything organized in your laundry room.
4. Wall-Mounted Laundry Room Lint Bin
Anyone who does the laundry knows that there will always be lint. Easily dispose of that with this cheap and easy project you can make in just ten minutes.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY - We use the best materials and solid engineering so our products will last in tough environments like your home - for years.
- CODE J CUSTOM FIT LINERS - Enhance your trash experience with extra-strong and durable trash bags that fit this can perfectly for a cleaner trash experience.
- JUST WAVE YOUR HAND: Infrared fields sense the areas above and in front of the can so it opens effortlessly and automatically.
- LID OPENS SMOOTHLY: A planetary gear system transfers speed to torque for smooth, consistent lid operation.
- WHISPER-QUIET: At 52 db, our can is 50% quieter than the competition's.
5. DIY Ironing Board Hanger
Want to save space when storing your ironing board? Here's an easy life hack you can make with two robe hooks.
— DIY Projects (@DIY Projects) April 22, 2015
- 49 x 17 inch perforated ergonomic extra-wide steel top for a solid ironing surface
- Heavy-duty ironing board height adjusts up to 34 inches tall
- Heat resistant cotton cover with thick felt pad creates the ultimate ironing experience
- Stable safety locking system for easy set-up and prevents accidental collapsing
- Sturdy powder-coated metal frame for added stability, ideal for both household and professional use. Special iron rest with incombustible silicon fittings
6. DIY Laundry Room Drying Rack
This would be so perfect for small laundry rooms. Easily fold away the drying rack when you don't need it.
7. Vintage Laundry Cart Liner
8. DIY Slim Rolling Cart
Is there a space between your washer and dryer? You can now utilize that by making this slim rolling cart. It's a great way to corral your laundry supplies.
- 3 tier shelf can easily slide out of any narrow space in kitchen, laundry room or bathroom
- Perfect way to utilize tight spaces in your home for storage and organization
- Compact design fits great between washer and dryer
- Assembled Dimensions: 8.5 x 26 x 31 inches
- Easy assembly
9. Mason Jar Laundry Container with DIY Chalkboard Tags
Containers of laundry supplies can be such an eyesore. Here's a quick fix to keep it stylish and organized at the same time.
10. Slanted Shelf
Wouldn't it make life so much easier if you don't have to really reach for things when doing your laundry? This slanted shelf is such a great idea to get easy access.
11. Laundry Room Dollar Store Organization
If you have cabinets or shelves then these dollar store plastic baskets can surely get your laundry room organized in no time. Just don't forget the tags and labels.
12. Ladder Laundry Hack
What a great way to dry your clothes while keeping them out of the way!
- Double rod closet has 5 shelves to organize garments, shoes and accessories
- Deluxe storage rack has 2 garment rods; removable bottom rod for longer garments
- Durable steel frame with silver epoxy finish; heavy duty black plastic end connectors
- Assembled Dimensions: 19.25 x 45.25 x 68 inches
- Easy assembly, no tools required
13. DIY Floating Shelves
Do you realize how much space you'll save by building your own shelves? Find out how to make these beautiful floating shelves with this tutorial.
14. Lost and Found Bucket
There's a lot of things you can find in dirty clothes when doing the laundry. There's money and other little trinkets your family may have forgotten in their pockets. Easily keep them in these adorable buckets.
15. IKEA Laundry Room Organization
Use IKEA wire baskets and Pluggis to organize your laundry supplies.
16. DIY Laundry Room Shelf
No shelf, no problem! Find out how you can build one with this tutorial.
17. Crib Spring Drying Rack
In case you don't have a ladder to use for hanging, why not try an old crib spring?
- Easily sort lights, darks, delicates or dry clean only in one efficient location
- Cotton covered foam top provides a convenient place to fold or press garments
- 3 removable sorter bags with breathable mesh sides
- Assembled Dimensions: 18.13 x 32.5 x 33.38 inches
- Easy assembly no additional tools required
Want to see how you can organize your laundry room? Check it out here from The Design Network:
With all the chores and everything going around the house, I must admit the laundry room is the part of the house I don't pay much attention to. Why would you? You just in go there to do the laundry, right? Wrong! Every part of your home is important. Whether you have a big or small laundry room, you always have to make sure that everything is organized. If you want some laundry room organization ideas, then these DIY organization ideas will help you out!
Did you enjoy our list of laundry room organization ideas? Let us know in the comments section below what your thoughts are on these organization ideas!
For more tips and tools for the business of motherhood do check out The Mom Tini Lounge
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published 0n April 2, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.