If you're looking for some easy Christmas treats DIY, here are three you can make at home right now (hint: two of them are even no-bake Christmas treats)!
RELATED: DIY Candy Making Tips for Beginners
Super Easy Christmas Treats Great for Parties
1. Candy Cane Chocolate Hearts
The ingredients for this easy Christmas treat can easily be found around your home during the holidays. When you have a lot on your hands and you want to add a bit of color and variety to your Christmas menu instantly, it'll be no trouble at all.
- Unwrap the candy canes and lay pairs on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Connect both ends of the candy canes so that they make a heart shape.
- Now, melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Carefully spoon the chocolate melt into the candy hearts.
- Use a spoon to even out the surface.
- Decorate with colored sprinkles or simple white ones.
- Lastly, allow them to set at room temperature.
2. Rice Krispie Treat Christmas Trees
If you're preparing a meal for a crowd, you're really in for a delight with these easy Rice Krispies treats. You can count on these treats because you can whip up as many as you can in a jiffy.
It is easily a favorite with both the kiddos and the adults.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add marshmallows.
- Stir until completely melted, then add green food coloring to the melted marshmallows.
- Stir in Rice Krispies cereal after removing the pan from heat.
- Make sure all cereal is well coated.
- Butter your hands and form the mixture into cone shapes.
- Let it set and firm up for several hours.
- Add a mini Reese’s to the bottom to make it look like the bottom of the tree
- Lastly, decorate your tree with sprinkles or M&M candies to make ornaments.
Here are also easy Christmas Rice Krispie treats recipes you will also love! These rice Krispie treat Christmas trees are absolutely yummy, don't you think?
View this post on Instagram
# 7 of 15 Best Pie Recipes For The Christmas and Holiday Season Peppermint Crunch Ice Cream Pie by @lovefromtheoven! Cookie pie crust goes well with peppermint, chocolate fudge ice cream, and crushed candy canes. Click the link in bio for the recipe! #homemaderecipes #Christmas
3. Reindeer Pretzel Noms
What Is a Pretzel? It is a biscuit from a dough shaped usually in a twisted knot.
When I saw these treats, I remember a hilarious Mr. Bean episode where Mr. Bean prepared meals for a holiday with disastrous results.
Of course, this is nothing like Mr. Bean's pretzel treats. In fact, they are sweet cute treats adults and kids alike will dig.
- Set up the pretzels and put the Rolos into the center of each of the pretzels, then put them in the oven.
- After a few minutes in the oven, get ready to assemble the nose, using the red M&M candies
- Next, cut the pretzels in half for the antlers.
- Assemble all your reindeer before the chocolate firms up.
That's it! Super easy and super yummy. If you're up for an extra challenge and you feel like getting dusted with some flour, you will like this DIY roundup.
How about some Christmas snacks for parties? Watch this video from Alaina Kirsch for easy Christmas party appetizer recipes:
That about wraps up our super easy Christmas treats recipes you can make at home. You can also make these Christmas treats for gifts to give to your family and guests.
Christmas is just around the corner and with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, you are bound to have a lot on your hands. So much so that you might forget a few details on your Christmas plans and holiday menu.
Now you know, you can count on these Christmas treats recipes to save the day!
Do you have any easy Christmas treats recipes of your own? I'd love to hear about them! Leave a comment and let me know!
- 25 Heartwarming DIY Photo Ornaments To Craft For Christmas
- 35 Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments For A Personalized Tree Decor
- 10 DIY Christmas Stockings | Homemade Christmas Project
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on December 22, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.