Surprise grandmother this Christmas with one of these DIY gifts for grandma that’s guaranteed to put a smile on her face.
11 DIY Gifts For Grandma to Make this Christmas
1. Photo Display
Create a collage of some cherished family photos and place them in a simple, elegant picture frame. Grandma will surely enjoy reminiscing the past with you during the holidays and beyond.
2. Chunky Knit Blanket
A chunky knit blanket is the perfect gift Grandma can drape on during the cool months. Whether curled up in bed or on her couch, she’s guaranteed to be warm and toasty with a fluffy present.
- Content: TWO balls of 100% Acrylic Yarn (2 Skeins) . Each Skein is 100g / 3.5 oz, 99 meters / 108 yards
- Knitting Gauge: 11 sts and 14 rows with a 8 mm (U.S. 11) knitting needle. Crochet Gauge: 8 sc and 9 rows with a 8 mm (U.S. L/11) crochet hook
- Bernat Softee Chunky yarn is a super-bulky weight yarn thats perfect for knit and crochet garments, accessories, and home dÃcor projects. The bulky gauge works up quickly, with excellent stitch definition.
- Available in a range of solid and multi-colored shades, from neutrals to brights, this yarn is ideal for many different patterns.
- Conveniently machine washable and dryable for easy care.
3. Cupcake Bouquet
This cupcake bouquet just looks too good to eat. Pipe in some frosting designs in the shape of her favorite flowers and assemble them in a plant pot for something that doubles as both dessert and conversation starter
4. Hand-Printed Apron
Get some fabric paint and let the kids print their hands on a plain apron. Grandma’s going to appreciate a little something from her grandkids as she cooks in the kitchen.
5. DIY Family Tree
Create an opportunity for you and your family to learn about your family history with a DIY family tree. Don’t worry if you forget some names in the tree – there’s a good chance Grandma can fill in the gaps.
6. Big Hug Card
If Grandma lives far away, sending this Big Hug card over is the next best thing. In any long-distance relationship, there’s no feeling that surpasses the joy of receiving a handwritten card in the mail.
RELATED: Make Hot Chocolate For The Holidays
7. Scribble Mug
This DIY mug design is so simple, it only requires being able to hold a marker. Add stickers to create the design, have the kids scribble all over the mug, and peel off the stickers once they’re done to reveal the design.
8. Microwaveable Heating Pad
A no-sew rice heating pad helps Grandma soothe the aches and pains of old age. Fill up some uncooked rice in some old knee socks or baby warmers, tie both ends with some twine, and write down some instructions on how to use it.
9. DIY Bookmarks
If your Grandma’s a bookworm, these adorable bookmarks will surely make a mark on her. Print out some photos of the grandkids on some cardstock and cut them into shape before adding a little ribbon at the end.
10. Paracord Dog Collar
Don’t forget gifts for Grandma’s furry friend if she has one. This paracord collar is both stylish and low-maintenance so she doesn’t need to do anything fancy with it.
11. Reusable Cotton Rounds
An eco-conscious Grandma will surely appreciate these reusable cotton rounds. Make them out of some funky patterns that go well with her personality.
You can’t go wrong with making any of these DIY gifts for Grandma this Christmas, because nothing’s better than receiving a gift handmade with love.
What DIY gift will you get Grandma this Christmas? Share your ideas in the comments section below!
- Our Last Minute Gift Ideas For Christmas | Creative Christmas Gifts
- 13 Unique Bohemian Gypsy Dreamcatchers Perfect For Homemade Gifts
- 7 Homemade Deicer Products For Your Frozen Driveways
Calling all crafting DIYhards, DIY Projects needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.