From home decor to lighting, here are 32 mason jar crafts you can create using mason jars. They are inexpensive and can be made into almost anything! This list has now been updated with new mason jar crafts!
Creatively Brilliant Mason Jar Crafts You Should Know
Mason jar crafts and projects have been a craze for a long time now. Mason jars are easy to find and are quite affordable. You can find them at your local craft store or use old jars from your recycling! While there are lots of mason jar crafts that are superb, there are also lots of projects that are sub-par. I found the best and coolest projects, some handmade at DIY Projects, while others are made by talented bloggers. I chose the most unique and awesome projects that I haven’t seen and done before. Check out this totally cool UPDATED list of 32 ways to do mason jar crafts!
Here are fun and easy way to make mason jar lights with our tutorial on DIY Projects. Have you used Chalkboard Paint before? It’s fun and makes for great projects around your home. You can paint floors, walls, and furniture with it. So cool!
Have you ever seen those cute little terrariums in glass jars? Recently made popular by interior design blogs, mason jar terrariums have been on the rapid upsurge. These low-cost little loves are so easy to take care of, it makes a lovely decoration in any part of the home. Succulents can grow inside them if left outside and minimally watered.
- 👍Solar Mason Jar Lids Light (Mason Jars Not Included):Fits for most regular mouth mason jar,regular mouth, 2 3⁄8 in (60 mm) inner and 2 3⁄4 in (70 mm) outer diameter,put the solar panels with string lights into the jar lids ring.Switch on,the warm white luminous points emerge through the mason jar,just like the unforgetable fireflies' glow,makes your surroundings romantic and fairy. The lights are constant.
- 👍Integrated Design & Better Waterproof Rank: IP65 waterproof.Integrated design won't let moisture percolate through the solar panels and O-shape seal ring won't let moisture get into the jars. Good idea for DIY outdoor garden patio deck wedding party Christmas decorations.
- 👍Environmental Protection and Energy Saving: A 100% solar powered solar panel, requires no external wiring, so it's easy to get it all set up. A built-in light sensor guarantee that it turns on at dusk and turn off by dawn automatically.
- 👍Specifications: Magnificent copper wire with 20 warm white bulbs,makes your surroundings romantic and fairy.An easy On/Off switch underneath the lid,generally charge in the sun 8 - 10h will light up 10-15h (slide the switch to the "ON" position).Long lasting LED bulbs,little heat,safe to handle even after long-time use.
- 👍Versatility:A magic jar (NOT INCLUDED) with fireflies' glow is perfect for indoor and outdoor decoration.Popular for modern Wedding,kids room,bathrooms,dinner table,parties,cafe,showcase,birthdays,holiday,festivals,anniversaries,courtyard,camping and daily ornamentation.Easily hang on walls or in the air,also can put it on shelves,tables,porches, trees,patios and pergolas.A great gift to children,lovers,family and friends
Have you ever made a prism light? Well, they’re pretty simple and easy to make. Most of our prism lights are original pieces, but you can recreate them at home by watching our mason jar prism light tutorial! It’s simple and all you need are a few tools and some mason jars.
Mason jar pendant lighting has been used in many modern chandeliers to give the home a rustic look. I’ve also seen this done in bars and restaurants. The pendant lighting when used with a vintage style Edison bulb casts and orangey glow and makes the interior of a room feel warm and cozy.
These solar powered mason jar lights are so cool! Often times when making a mason jar light the glass can become very hot to the touch. With the power of the sun, you can use these to light your patio for a fun evening with friends!
I love this idea of turning a mason jar into a lamp. It looks so neat when you’re all finished. Create a romantic atmosphere in your home with this mason jar oil lamp, scented with a few drops of essential oil or some dried flowers.
If you’re tired of the wrapper-and-ribbon combo for your gifts, then try putting them in a jar! There are different types of goodies you store in mason jars. With just a few supplies and a little bit of creativity, you can create any of these amazing gifts in a jar!
Have you been longing to grow a beehive, but you just don’t have any space for this activity? Don’t fret! DIY mason jar beekeeping is one of the solutions. You’ll just need a couple of supplies, some wood, the bees, and your mason jars, to get started!
9. Make A Mason Jar Sewing Kit
I love this idea of storing all of your essentials in a mason jar! You don’t need to dig through a bag of sewing supplies with needles and potentially prick yourself. Ouch! All you need is dump your sewing supplies (string, pins, embroidery thread, zipper, and mini scissors) gently into a mason jar and screw the lid on top.
10. Mason Jar Hanging Light Fixture
This mason jar light fixture looks very lovely. Simply fill your jars with tiny string lights and hang them right over your chair on the porch. It would be great to sit outside with hot cocoa and marvel at this amazing DIY project.
11. Distressed Mason Jar Vase
I’ve seen these in quite a few places in many different colors. Simply paint your jars and let it dry. Rub some wax onto part of the jar and wipe it off using a clean rag to get that distressed look you want. Then, carefully sand off the raised painted areas to make it look more distressed. And, you have a beautiful distressed mason jar.
12. Mercury Glass Mason Jars
I didn’t come across this post until last week and I was stunned at how many people were using these mercury glass mason jars in their weddings! I love the way the blue and silver reflects in the light. I tried this project at home and it came out just as lovely as the photographs. Good luck!
- Turn an old mason jar into a functional soap or lotion dispenser with this mason jar pump & lid set
- Sized to fit any mason fruit canning jar up to 1/2 gallon size (just trim the pump hose to desired length) the lid measures 3" in diameter and comes with a 7 7/8" length hose
- Made for indoor or outdoor use, this metal soap or lotion pump lid is painted black with a clear coat finish- great for your kitchen, bath, garden or garage sink
- Great to give as a gift to a new homeowner, or for your own Rustic Farmhouse Decor
- Antique Style Mason Jar Soap or Lotion Pump & Lid set ships brand new in manufacturer's packaging, with our 100% Customer Satisfaction guarantee
13. Mosaic Mason Jar
I’ve always loved the way mosaics look in old homes. Create these lovely mason jar pieces using some broken seashells or faux rocks and some twine. Simply cover your mason jar with broken seashells or faux rocks and tie the twine around the mouth of the jar. Then, add a tea light inside.
14. DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes
This DIY mason jar snow globe is a perfect home decor for the holidays. Just looking at these makes me want spring and summer to just fly by so I can decorate my Christmas tree! To make this, secure the tree to the mason jar lid with a glue, pour some salt into the bottom of the jar, close the lid, and flip. Look how realistic the tree inside the jar looks!
15. Mason Jar Flower Vase
I love these little gems! Fill mason jars with your favorite flowers and make sure to add water to each jar if you’re using real flowers. Then, grab a ribbon and tie two jars together and place them in the center of the table.
16. Mason Jar Hanging Lanterns
What a cool idea for a fence post! If you’re BBQing with friends or just hanging out on a deck or a patio these would look so awesome. To make this, simply unscrew the lid from the jar and remove the seal plate. Then, punch 2 holes in the lid directly across from each other and attach the chain. Place your little tea light into the jar, screw on the lid with its attached chain and hang. Done!
17. Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
Do you have some old mason jars with rusty lids? Don’t throw them yet! Grab one jar with a lid, a soap pump top, and a glue to make a cool soap dispenser. Simply drill a clean hole in the mason jar lid. Make sure the pump fits (tightly) in the hole. Smear some glue into the bottom of the pump, then insert it into the lid hole. And, fill it with your favorite hand or dish soap and screw on the lid. How clever!
— DIY Projects (@DIYProjectsCom) March 22, 2017
18. DIY Easter Mason Jar Giveaways
Break out your mason jars for decorating and organizing this Easter. And, mason jars are the perfect vessel for holding those rainbows of color. Simply fill your mason jars with Easter grass, then your Easter candies and treats, and your Easter mason jar giveaways are ready!
19. DIY Mason Jar Wall Lanterns
If you’re planning on incorporating a rustic atmosphere in your home decor, this project is for you! All you need is a few pieces of wood plank, mason jars, iron hooks, twine or a metal wire, candles, stones, and a few other supplies to create these simple, yet, adorable mason jar wall lanterns.
20. DIY Mason Jar Wall Flower Vase
Following the same idea as the mason jar wall lanterns, you can also fill your jars with your favorite flowers, instead of candles and stones. These mason jar wall flower vases hung on black iron hooks from board painted in white is a brilliant idea to fill empty wall spaces in your house. It makes a wonderful housewarming gift, too!
21. Glass Jar Frames
Got a bunch of empty mason jars at home? Turn them into dandy glass jar frames! Grab a mason jar, slide a photo in, turn it upside down and display your piece for everyone to see. Try using different shapes and sizes of jars and you’ll be surprised how lovely they will look.
22. DIY Carpet Freshener In A Mason Jar
Your homemade carpet freshener in a mason jar with a Parmesan shaker top is the way to go! Simply fill the mason jar with your homemade freshener, cover it with Parmesan shaker top, and you’re done! This is such a simple trick to store your carpet freshener in style.
23. DIY Hand Painted Lantern
Spice up your home decor with this unique DIY hand-painted lantern, bringing mason jar to a whole new level. Simply draw your design on the jar with a marker, and trace it with a paint. Add a handle out of a medium-gauge wire, drop tea lights in, and string it up. Done!
24. Mason Jar with Blue Patina
Create an antique effect by applying patina to your mason jar. This will make a great home decor! Check it out here.
25. Mason Jar Salt and Pepper Shaker
A creative mason jar project you can use around the kitchen. Check it out here.
26. Mason Jar Cookie M&M Cookie Recipe
The perfect gift for someone who bakes or just enjoys a little sweet treat. Click here to read more!
27. Mason Jar Memories
Photos are not the only way to capture memories. Take something back from your every trip and store your memories in a jar. See it here.
— DIY Projects (@DIY Projects) July 12, 2015
Need a quick and easy DIY gift? Make a survival kit for anyone. Give it to mom, dad or someone who just needs a little pick me up. Click here to read more!
29. Mason Jar Salads
Are you also a fan of make-ahead food you can prep a week ahead? Check out these easy and healthy mason jar salad recipes. Click here to read more!
30. Painted Mason Jar Utensil Holders
Never fumble around a messy kitchen drawer for your spoons and spatula when you make this organization project. Click here to read more!
I like to use this chalk paint for several of my crafts (as im sure you’ve seen in other posts). The colors are so rich!
31. Magic Decal Tutorial
A simple DIY project that will have your condiments and other ingredients labeled and organized. Check it out here.
32. How to Plant Herbs in Mason Jars
Make your herb garden even without the space with this ingenious way on how to plant herbs in mason jars. Check it out here.
Want more ideas for mason jar crafts? Watch this video from DramaticParrot and learn how to make a little aquarium in a jar:
In love with mason jar crafts? Let’s agree, there are many ideas to incorporate them into our home. I hope these 32 cool mason jar crafts gave you the inspiration to start your mason jar crafting this weekend. Happy crafting!
Which of these mason jar crafts is perfect for your home? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for some Easter DIY projects? Check out these 21 DIY Easter Basket Ideas That Will Have You Hoppin’!
Featured image via Ideas Arts and Crafts Projects