Want to learn to paint just about anything in your home? If you’re struggling with deciding which paint to use on a specific surface in your home, check this out!
Be equipped with the knowledge of painting. Never have to hire painters with these tips and tricks and save hundreds of bucks. This is a great way to give almost anything a makeover instantly.
Learn to Paint Anything In Your Home [Infographic]
Paint’s primary value is in its purpose to waterproof, protect and preserve your home. However, paint can add something extra and make your decor pop! Whether you’re doing a small craft project or large scale home improvements, you should definitely choose the right materials and know the proper techniques to get the job done right. Check out these helpful tips!
A special shout out to Fix.com for this amazing infographic.
How to Paint Almost Anything
Choosing Your Paint
Water-Based and Latex Paints
- Best to paint ceilings, walls, and furniture
- Easy to work with
- Quick drying time
- Best used on molding and trims
- More difficult to use
- Longer drying time
Spray Paint – Always take extra precautions to protect yourself from paint fumes
Can be used on :
- With primer
- Without primer
- Brush – Stiff wire brush or spray paint
- Prep – Clean Surface, sand (if applicable)
- Prime – Two coats of rust prevention primer
- Paint – High-gloss enamel
- Brush – Roller or soft brush
- Prep – Use a fine-grit sandpapaer. Remove debris.
- Light Primer
- Brush – Artist brush with synthetic or natural hair bristles
- Prep – Wash with soap, clean with vinegar or alcohol
- Prime – No need!
- Paint – Acrylic enamel paint, or enamel paint for decorative glass projects
- Brush – Standard brush or paint pens made for ceramic
- Prep – Remove any debris
- Prime – No need!
- Acrylic or purpose ceramic paint
As a general rule, when buying paint it’s important to pick quality over price. No matter the type of surface you are painting, remember to start with a clean and dry surface. With the right paint, materials and techniques you can tackle your next paint job like a pro.
I hope you found this helpful and interesting! Let us know below in the comments.
Brag about your DIY adventures with our FREE shirt just for you, get it here.
LIKE this? You won’t regret checking the links below: