Did you know that you can achieve wonders with DIY? What about achieving painted concrete floors for your home gym or for your recording studio?! Pick the perfect paint color of your choice, something that will go well with the overall interior aesthetic of your home. Keep some things in mind as you do so, and we will tell you here exactly what are those.
Painted Concrete Floors | How To Paint Concrete Floors
Changing a thing or two in your home no matter how big or small will most definitely create a difference and a beautiful impact to your interiors. Your floors may seem like it needs a new look, so it’s best to get painted concrete floors for a change. It’s going to require some work and time, but you will like the result and love it more knowing that you did it on your own. Below are what you need and the steps to achieve painted concrete floors.
- ✅SAVES TIME - THE ULTIMATE STAIN BRUSH PACK - Faster application of stains, sealers and paints for decks, fence, railing on rough or smooth surfaces.
- ✅SAVES MONEY - OUTPERFORMS and OUTLASTS rollers, paint pads, brushes and other coating tools and gadgets.
- ✅PROFESSIONAL GRADE - Get better results in faster time!
- ✅BONUS FREE PAINT CAN BOTTLE OPENER KEYRING! – Always have a can and bottle opener when you need it with our FREE Perdura DECK BOSS tool.
- ✅LOVE YOUR RAPID STAIN BRUSH or RETURN IT - 100% QUALITY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Perdura is the benchmark in professional grade brush and coating tools. We take great pride in our global success and strongly stand behind our products.
1. Clean the floor
Wash the floor down thoroughly and sweep the surface with a bristle broom to get rid of loose dirt.
Wash off grease with a degreaser because the paint will not stick to oily or greasy surface. Let the floor dry before painting.
- A good concrete floor paint is highly durable, easy to clean and won't scuff, fade, crack or blister easily, even from hot tires and other heavy activity.
- This single component, water-based floor paint is formulated to last in hard to clean areas like basements and garages. It's resistant to staining and damage from chemicals, Oil and gasoline.
- Use this high-durability floor paint on coated or uncoated concrete, masonry, stone and brick. This paint is ideal on high-traffic surfaces such as garage floors, basements, driveways and porches.
- KILZ concrete floor paint delivers a Satin finish that applies smoothly and evenly to floors and horizontal surfaces. Dries to touch in 2 hours. Recoat in 4 hours. Not intended for vertical surfaces.
- This is a 1-Gallon can of KILZ 1-part epoxy Acrylic interior/exterior concrete and garage floor paint in Slate Gray with a Satin finish.
2. Prepare the paint
Before applying the paint, add one scoop per liter of grip additive to promote grip when walking on the floor. Mix thoroughly.
3. Apply paint
You can start on the sides and paint using a paint brush in careful strokes.
Roll the paint onto the floor. You can work by using small square patterns. Start at the farthest part going towards the door so you can exit once you are finished.
- Over Armor offers an innovative solid color coating that brings old, weathered wood or concrete back to life with an advanced and durable 100% acrylic resin formula.
- This solid color, textured coating bridges cracks, hides imperfections, and gives a uniform look to old, weathered wood and concrete.
- Use on weathered or cracked horizontal or vertical wood and composite surfaces such as decks, porches and boat docks, or railings as well as concrete surfaces like pool decks, patios and sidewalks.
- Over Armor is designed to conceal splinters and cracks up to 1/4-inch and creates a textured slip-resistant finish.
- This is a 1-gallon can of KILZ Over Armor Textured Surface Coating in Redwood. Covers approximately 75 square feet per gallon.
Spread the paint thoroughly to avoid thick areas that may not cure properly. Apply the final coat once the first coat has completely dried.
- Fast-drying, 1-part, water-based acrylic paint for garages, basements, and workshop floors. Great for high-traffic areas.
- Ultra-durable, waterproof coating resists chemicals, cracking, peeling, fading, and stains.
- Low-odor, low-VOC formula is ideal for shop and indoor use. Simple soap & water cleanup.
- Very easy to apply by brush or roller to properly prepared interior concrete, masonry, and wood surfaces.
- Color/Size/Finish/Coverage: Satin Gray/Gallon/Satin/300 sq. ft. per gallon. For interior use only.