There are many kinds of fountains that can be installed in your garden. If your outdoor space cannot permit a pond that will serve as a water feature, let a backyard fountain do the job. Backyard fountains are a great addition to your outdoor space for a lot of reasons. One reason is this water feature helps make your backyard look really good.
How To Build Two-Tier Backyard Fountains In 8 Easy Steps
Any two-tier fountain is an attraction to any backyard. This DIY project will not eat much of your time on a weekend. This is one of those backyard fountains that’s easier than cooking pot roast. Don’t fuss over the huge and expensive sets because you can do well with a DIY fountain. Consider your space and backyard landscaping in deciding what fountain to have. You can start easy with a two – tier fountain.
- Cordless Drill
- 2 ceramic pots
- Water pump
- Drain stoppers
- Plastic saucer
- Plastic pot (7 to 8 inches)
- DURABLE DESIGN- Enjoy your outdoor, lawn, garden, or yard décor without worry. Made from sturdy polyresin material, this fountain is lightweight and weatherproof for longer lasting outdoor use.
- LOW MAINTENANCE AND EASY SET UP- The Pure Garden water fountains require no additional plumbing, stressful setup, or upkeep. Including a UL listed pump with 120gph maximum flow, all you need to do after assembly is fill it with the proper amount of water, and plug it in to a standard electrical outlet, and you are ready to enjoy the delightful sounds of nature.
- UNIQUE OUTDOOR DÉCOR WITH LED LIGHTING- This LED-lit cascade pot fountain is truly an ideal blend of contemporary modern design, antique elements, and rustic charm, and it offers the tranquil and meditative sounds of running waters for a calming ambiance. The LED lights also help to illuminate the waters and offer a peaceful nighttime glow. With the water gently cascading over the artistically distressed tiered bowls, the water fountain is sure to be a vivid focal point on your patio, deck, front door, outdoor entranceway, lawn, or garden!
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Fountain dimensions: 14" L x 13.3" W x 25.2" H. Material: Polyresin. Number of Tiers: 3. Pre-lit: 3 LED Lights. Weatherproof. Reservoir Holds 4.05 Gallons of Water.Pump Included. Adjustable Valve. Cord Length: 118". Required Tubing Diameter: 0.5". Voltage: 120V. Amperage: 0.083A. Certifications and Listings: UL. Wattage: 10W. Maximum Flow: 120 gph
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED- Pure Garden is committed to providing consumers with the absolute best price and value on our entire line of products. NOTE: This is an exclusive product of Pure Garden and ONLY LED Lighted Pot Water Fountains by Pure Garden are GUARANTEED to be genuine
1. Place drain stoppers on the pot’s holes
Firmly press drain stoppers on the large ceramic pot’s holes.
Add caulk around each stopper.
After the caulk sets, turn the pot over and apply caulk on the undersides. Let it dry overnight.
2. Drill a hole to the plastic saucer
Drill a hole to the plastic saucer, this will be for the pump tube.
3. Fill the pot with water
Fill the large ceramic pot with water.
4. Set the water pump
Turn the plastic pot upside down and rest it on the bottom of the large ceramic pot with water.
Set the pump on top of the overturned plastic pot. Make sure the pump’s tube is facing up.
Fill the large pot with water, just below the rim.
5. Assemble the tier
Place the saucer on top of the ceramic pot filled with water and have the pump tube sticking up at the center hole.
Place the smaller ceramic pot on top of the saucer with the pump tube coming through the drain hole.
6. Place the nozzle
Place the nozzle of your choice on the end of the pump tube.
7. Fill with stones
Put some stones in the pot and saucer. Spread them into place.
8. You now have your backyard fountain
Plug in the pump and enjoy your new fountain!
- Brushless Magnetic motor, Fully Submersible , 20,000 + Hour Life, Removable filter, Easy Connector, Aquatic Life Friendly
- Operating Voltage 12-24V, 16 foot long cable, includes 2 nozzle spray patterns
- Max. Flow Rate - 259GPH @ 12V / 356GPH @ 18V / 412GPH @ 24V Max Head - 3.25 ft. @ 12V / 6.9 ft. @ 18V / 10.5 ft. @ 24V
- 20 watt polycrystalline solar panel - Max voltage 17.28V - Max current 1.157A - Open circuit Voltage 20.88V - Short circuit current 1.37A
- 1 Year Warranty - 100% Money Back Guarantee if our pump kit doesn't meet your water pumping needs!
There you have it! Your own two-tiered backyard fountain. Because there’s a lot of room for creativity, you can actually create different kinds of backyard fountains too. I’ve seen pondless fountains and endless fountains all built in one weekend by avid DIY enthusiasts, so I’m pretty sure there’s going to be one right up your alley.
- Brand: campania international
- Pump included
- No plumbing necessary. Fountain is self circulating
Click here for more DIY backyard projects.
Like this? You’ll also like…
Featured image via thehappyhomebodies