There are many kinds of fountains that can be installed in your garden. If your outdoor space cannot permit a pond that will serve as a water feature, let a backyard fountain do the job. Backyard fountains are a great addition to your outdoor space for a lot of reasons. One reason is this water feature helps make your backyard look really good.
How To Build Two-Tier Backyard Fountains In 8 Easy Steps
Any two-tier fountain is an attraction to any backyard. This DIY project will not eat much of your time on a weekend. This is one of those backyard fountains that’s easier than cooking pot roast. Don’t fuss over the huge and expensive sets because you can do well with a DIY fountain. Consider your space and backyard landscaping in deciding what fountain to have. You can start easy with a two – tier fountain.
- Cordless Drill
- 2 ceramic pots
- Water pump
- Drain stoppers
- Plastic saucer
- Plastic pot (7 to 8 inches)
- ATTRACTIVE OUTDOOR WATER FOUNTAIN - Update modern patio or lawn decor with this LED-lit cascade pot water fountain. Rustic design elements plus neutral beige coloring help this waterfall fountain mesh seamlessly with both garden and outdoor patio decor.
- DURABLE DESIGN - Count on this outdoor fountain to last the long haul thanks to a sturdy build. Construction from weatherproof polyresin material ensures enduring beauty in your outdoor decor and a lightweight build for easy movement.
- LOW-MAINTENANCE WATER FOUNTAIN - Enjoy this waterfall fountain in outdoor spaces without lots of care and maintenance. Just keep the fountain filled to the proper water level to delight in the soothing sounds and gentle cascading motion.
- EASY SETUP - Install this patio fountain quickly and easily with the included components. This outdoor fountain comes with a pump and tubing for seamless setup and features a long electrical cord for a fuss-free connection to standard outlets.
- PRODUCT DETAILS - Materials: Polyresin. Fountain: (L) 14" x (W) 13.3" x (H) 25.2"; Cord: (L) 118"; Tubing: (W) 0.5". Reservoir Holds 4.05 Gallons of Water. Includes: UL-Listed 120V Pump with Adjustable Valve and 120gph Max Flow. Color: Beige.
1. Place drain stoppers on the pot’s holes
Firmly press drain stoppers on the large ceramic pot’s holes.
Add caulk around each stopper.
After the caulk sets, turn the pot over and apply caulk on the undersides. Let it dry overnight.
2. Drill a hole to the plastic saucer
Drill a hole to the plastic saucer, this will be for the pump tube.
3. Fill the pot with water
Fill the large ceramic pot with water.
- J Series Outdoor Water Fountains: The Kasco J Series floating pond fountain kit is the perfect focal point for any pond or lake. These recently redesigned fountain kits feature increased performance and improved pattern definition for a stunning display. This decorative lake aerator comes in 240 volts, 5HP, with a 300 ft power cord.
- Creates a Beautiful Display: From the attention-demanding Redwood geyser pattern to the elegant Balsam 3-tier pattern, each nozzle in our large or small pond fountain kit offers its own visual appeal. All J Series Fountains can be paired with optional fountain light kits to add a warm glow at night.Also you can chose from additional premium Nozzles for pattern variations.
- Healthy Aquatic Habitat: Our pond aerator fountain is designed with both beauty and function in mind. These pond fountains can improve overall water quality by increasing oxygen transfer, providing much-needed aeration into stagnant lakes and ponds.
- Easy Installation: Installation and assembly of this pond floating fountain is now easier than ever with fewer parts required and simple maintenance. Our lake fountain kit features 1-piece float, twist, and lock nozzles, and snap-on light clips for installation of optional lighting (purchased separately).
- What’s Included? This outdoor fountain kit includes a motor unit, float, bottom screen, 5 interchangeable fountain nozzles, control panel with GFI protection, 15m mooring lines (2), and 300 ft power cord.
4. Set the water pump
Turn the plastic pot upside down and rest it on the bottom of the large ceramic pot with water.
Set the pump on top of the overturned plastic pot. Make sure the pump’s tube is facing up.
Fill the large pot with water, just below the rim.
5. Assemble the tier
Place the saucer on top of the ceramic pot filled with water and have the pump tube sticking up at the center hole.
Place the smaller ceramic pot on top of the saucer with the pump tube coming through the drain hole.
6. Place the nozzle
Place the nozzle of your choice on the end of the pump tube.
7. Fill with stones
Put some stones in the pot and saucer. Spread them into place.
8. You now have your backyard fountain
Plug in the pump and enjoy your new fountain!
- The Solariver Solar Water Pump Kit moves large volumes of water without ever plugging into the grid! Perfect for large fountains, water features, ponds, streams, waterfalls, hydroponics, aquaponics, greenhouses, rainwater collection, animal troughs, natural pools or anywhere you need to pump water and don't want to run power to or just want to save on expensive energy bills!
- The durable and efficient submersible brushless magnetic pump has a long life (20,000+ hours), adjustable flow control, dry-run protection, removable pre-filter to prevent debris clogging impeller and is non-toxic to fish, frogs and other aquatic life. Maximum lift 6.5 feet (Under optimal conditions).
- The 20 watt solar panel is framed with aluminum, comes with a stake and can be placed up to 16 feet away from the pump with included power cord. Optional 16' extension cord sold separately allows for placement even further away from the pump.
- 1 Year Warranty - 100% Money Back Guarantee if our pump kit doesn't meet your water pumping needs!
- PLEASE READ prior to purchasing: This water pump is powered by a solar panel therefore requires sunlight to operate. The flow of water is determined by the amount of light that hits the solar panel. There is NO BATTERY in this system. DOES NOT run at night!
Here is the full video tutorial from Lowe’s Home Improvement:
There you have it! Your own two-tiered backyard fountain. Because there’s a lot of room for creativity, you can actually create different kinds of backyard fountains too. I’ve seen pondless fountains and endless fountains all built in one weekend by avid DIY enthusiasts, so I’m pretty sure there’s going to be one right up your alley.
- Brand: campania international
- Pump included
- No plumbing necessary. Fountain is self circulating
Click here for more DIY backyard projects.
Like this? You’ll also like…
A Simple Backyard DIY Pond Project For Beginners
This DIY Succulent Planter Will Make Walls And Gardens Look Beautiful
Simple And Easy DIY Vintage Teacup Planter For Your Indoor Garden
Featured image via thehappyhomebodies
[…] Here For More Backyard DIY […]