Mason Jar Cookie Recipes
Ever wondered how to make cookie mix in a jar? I have seen these mason jar cookie recipes in stores lately, and they are really cute, especially when they are finished off with a ribbon and handmade tag. But I could not bring myself to buy any of these, as I knew they had to be super simple to make. Sure enough, I was right! To make mason jar cookie recipes like this, you just need your basic cookie ingredients, a mason jar, and a little bit of time.
By taking a few extra minutes to divide and layer your cookie ingredients, rather than mixing them, and then putting all in a pretty jar, you have a an adorable, quick and delicious gift idea. This gift idea never gets old, either! You can make lots of flavors. I like to buy bulk mason jars and make a different cookie flavor every time I make them. Friends and family are always excited to get the latest batch. I add crushed peppermints during the holidays, pink sugar and sprinkles for Valentine’s Day,and different creative color and ingredient combos for other occasions.
Mix In a Jar: Mint Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Supplies you need:
- A wide mouth 1 qt mason jar
- 1- 10oz bag of Andes Mints baking chips
- 1 box of Chocolate Fudge cake mix (we used Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge!)
- 6″ diameter piece of fabric
- Enough ribbon to make a bow (approx 13″)
- A pair of scissors
- Ice cream scoop (This will help you pack the cake mix down to ensure that all the minty goodness fits in the jar!)
Instructions for Mason Jar Cookie Recipes:
Cut your fabric and ribbon to the correct sizes.