Wall art can truly spruce up your home and bring some light and color into a boring room. However, you don't need to spend a ton of cash on fancy art pieces from the home goods store. Martha Stewart shows us how to create your very own, and quite beautiful wall art in a few easy steps.
DIY Floral Canvas Wall Art
Here's an easy 3-D Floral Canvas Wall Art tutorial you can try on your own. You'll need:
- Floral vase canvas art
- Silk flowers and greenery
- X-acto knife
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- Using X-acto knife , cut a slit in the canvas at the top of the vase's opening. (This will be used to secure a few stems, producing the illusion of an arrangment within the vase.)
- Slip a few of the largest bloom stems through the vase slit opening, filling in the gaps with smaller blooms and leaves. (Tip: You can manipulate the wire stems and gently bend flower heads forward to create more natural movement.) When layout is final, hot glue flowers onto the canvas to secure, using wire cutters to trim stems as needed.
- Tape the stems that are slipped through the vase down to the backside of the canvas to hold them in place.
- Continue adding more flowers and leaves to your arrangement, gluing flower heads directly onto the canvas as needed.
- Cover the slit opening with leaves or flowers. Mount to wall for display.
Tutorial Courtesy of marthastewart.com
Were you able to follow the instructions and replicate this wall art decor? Well share your comments and feedback with us!
More home decor articles and ideas!!