Plumbing is a skill every DIY enthusiast should know because there are some plumbing problems that can be solved on our own and there are those that require professional help. Sometimes, these plumbing problems come out when you least expect them. Even if it’s a major plumbing problem, you can still do something about it to help solve the problem before professional help arrives. So what kind of plumbing tips do you need to remember?
Home Plumbing Tips – Keep These Plumbing Basics In Mind
Do your home plumbing the right way
Easily solve any basic plumbing issue by knowing what to do. Follow these tips and know the steps to solving basic plumbing woes so you won’t need to call for help and pay for their service. Wouldn’t it be fulfilling to know the ins and outs of the system in your house? Here are some basic tips and instructions for common issues.
- 【Solid Steel Construction】The handle of the wrench is made of high-strength malleable iron and the head is made of heavy duty forged steel, which is solid for a long service life. Drop forged jaw is heat treated to resist distortion or breakage. The sturdy construction makes it reliable and offers dependability for your working.
- 【Precision Machine Teeth】High carbon steel forged and then quenched, the upper and lower hard teeth have large torsion force. The teeth are sharp, non- breaking, non-coiling, high hardness and wear resistance. For the exquisite manufacture, the teeth of the wrench is precise. It can grip pipes securely and tightly.
- 【Spring Loaded Head】With a full floating forged hook jaw for fast jaw grip and release, allowing you to easily make quick adjustments. Head heat processing, anti-rust and anti-corrosion, high hardness, not easy to wear. The spring loaded design on the wrench head improves working efficiency. Worm link clamp, nut outer body knurling anti-skid treatment, easy adjustment.
- 【Plastic Wrapped Handle】The handle of the wrench is wrapped with plastic, which meets the humanized design and well fits into your hand. It makes you grasp the wrench more comfortable, not easy to slip. Wide I-beam handle design provides better weight distribution and save labor. Design particularly suitable for working in confined or restricted areas and at the most difficult angles.
- 【Widely Application】Suitable for all pipe related home improvement repairs that need a tight grip, such as gas tank repair, household plumbing, vehicle maintenance. The deep grooved teeth of each straight pipe wrench lock in place to provide a confident grip around smooth, round surfaces like showerheads or bathroom sinks and drains. This pipe wrench kit is versatile enough for professional plumb.
1. How to Fix a Leaky Faucet
Save water and stop leakages in your home by knowing how to fix leaky faucets. It’s not as hard as you think. Here’s a quick tip: start with the handles. Sometimes, loose handles can cause leaky faucets. Simply tighten the area around the handles to get rid of the leak. This is one of the best plumbing tips around. Click here to know more about leaks.
2. Fix a Clogged Sink or Tub Drain
You don’t need a drain cleaner to get rid of a clogged drain or sink. There’s an easy way to solve this type of issue. Get a plunger. Secure the drain/sink area with its suction and start plunging. This helps loosen the debris and get water trapped inside the pipes circulating again. Read some more tips on dealing with problematic drains here.
3. Replace Metal Drain Lines with Plastic
While metal pipes are stronger, I prefer plastic pipes. Plastic pipes are cheaper and they are easier to install too. A plastic pipe makes it easy to detect and troubleshoot leaks and other piping problems. Click here to know more about your plumbing pipes.
- HOME COOLING - Use our fans as floor or carpet dryer, or just circulate air from downstairs to upstairs. Our compact portable fan will keep your room cool in those summer heatwaves. Comes with 3-speeds to control the amount of air you need
- WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION - Pairing heavy duty air movers with dehumidifiers and air scrubbers, you'll find the most efficient way to combat water damage by removing mold, mildew, etc
- POWERFUL - The VP-25 is a high power fan that comes in at just 11 lbs, with an enclosed 1/4 HP our little blower will blow cool air all the way to the 2nd floor using just 2.1 Amps on high. Great for cooling your shop, outdoor in the patio, or garage
- FEATURE PACKED - Our air mover comes with Daisy Chain capabilities to connect up to 5 air movers, or even just use it to charge your phone while keeping cool occupying just one outlet. Efficient stackable storage and 10 ft 14 AWG power cord
- WARRANTY - 2 Year and 5 year housing warranty. We have engineered our product with a long lasting roto molded technology. We stand by it and hope you will too
4. Remove the faucet this way
Don’t know how to remove a faucet? Do it just like how the plumbers do. This will require you to crawl under the sink, so get ready to get down and dirty. First, shut off all the valves to cut off the water supply to the faucet. Look for the retaining nuts that secures the faucet and remove them. Next, pull the faucet underneath the sink and through the mounting holes. It’s that easy. Check a more detailed instruction on removing the faucet here.
5. Know what a Pop-up Drain Stopper is
The mechanical devices that use a system of links and levers to move a drain stoppers up and down is called a pop-up. This actually helps seal the toilet bowls and sinks. Click here to know more about how to properly fix a pop-up stopper.
6. Fix a Clog in Seconds
A clogged sink is problematic, but you can solve it easily with this nifty trick. Grab a thin wire and make a hook at the end of it. Drop it down the drain and simply pull. This helps you get rid of hair, paper, and other solid objects that get stuck down a drain. If the drain is big enough, you can use a wet/dry shop vac to get rid of clogs. Check out more clog-removal tips right here.
7. Know the difference between PVC and CPVC
Yes, they are different and not just because the other name has one more letter in it. CPVC pipes are a lot tougher and more durable than PVC pipes. Know the difference between these pipes and more here.
- 25 FOOT COIL is ideal for many drains found throughout the home. Capable of reaching into the bathtub, sink, toilet, and more
- ALL IN ONE: Unlike some drain augers, which require a drill for proper use, the P4001 has a built in motor that extends and retracts the auger
- TWO DRIVING MODES: Auto-Feed pushes the cable forward while cable clamp mode keeps the cable locked in place to bore through tough spots
- INCLUDED FEET keep the vibrating tool from scuffing up your floor or counter in addition to keeping a stable base for more efficient work
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Works with Ryobi One+ 18V Batteries including the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
8. Don’t Overtighten Supply Lines
It’s actually risky to overtighten, compared to undertightening, your supply lines because it can destroy your rubber seals. Click here to know more.
Here is a video tutorial from eHow at Home on how you can fix leaking PEX pipes:
You don’t need to call a plumber to fix minor plumbing issues. As long as you remember these plumbing tips, you can solve the problem yourself or try to minimize the damage before professional help arrives.
Click here for more DIY home projects.
Like this? You might also like…
These DIY Concrete Stepping Stones Will Lighten Up The Entire Yard
The Best DIY Workbench Your Workspace Cannot Look Awesome Without
[…] here for more home improvement […]
[…] here for more home improvement […]