Plumbing is a skill every DIY enthusiast should know because there are some plumbing problems that can be solved on our own and there are those that require professional help. Sometimes, these plumbing problems come out when you least expect them. Even if it's a major plumbing problem, you can still do something about it to help solve the problem before professional help arrives. So what kind of plumbing tips do you need to remember?
Home Plumbing Tips – Keep These Plumbing Basics In Mind
Do your home plumbing the right way
Easily solve any basic plumbing issue by knowing what to do. Follow these tips and know the steps to solving basic plumbing woes so you won't need to call for help and pay for their service. Wouldn't it be fulfilling to know the ins and outs of the system in your house? Here are some basic tips and instructions for common issues.
- 【Solid Steel Construction】The handle of the wrench is made from malleable iron and the head is made from forged steel which is solid and hard for long-term durability.
- 【Multi-Dimensions Included】This wrench set includes 4 wrenches of different sizes, they are 8", 10", 14" and 18" to meet your multiple needs.
- 【Precision Machine Teeth】For the exquisite manufacture, the teeth of the wrench is precise. It can grip pipes securely and tightly.
- 【Spring Loaded Head】The spring loaded design on the wrench head provides fast jaw grip and release to improve working efficiency.
- 【Plastic Wrapped Handle】The handle of the wrench is wrapped with plastic to make you grasp the wrench more comfortable.
Save water and stop leakages in your home by knowing how to fix leaky faucets. It's not as hard as you think. Here's a quick tip: start with the handles. Sometimes, loose handles can cause leaky faucets. Simply tighten the area around the handles to get rid of the leak. This is one of the best plumbing tips around. Click here to know more about leaks.
You don't need a drain cleaner to get rid of a clogged drain or sink. There's an easy way to solve this type of issue. Get a plunger. Secure the drain/sink area with its suction and start plunging. This helps loosen the debris and get water trapped inside the pipes circulating again. Read some more tips on dealing with problematic drains here.
While metal pipes are stronger, I prefer plastic pipes. Plastic pipes are cheaper and they are easier to install too. A plastic pipe makes it easy to detect and troubleshoot leaks and other piping problems. Click here to know more about your plumbing pipes.
- Power With no compromise - compact yet powerful carpet fan air mover with a 3 speed 1/4 Hp enclosed motor providing a max Air volume while pulling only 2.1 Amps on high
- No more bulky units - at 11 lbs, they're just the right Size for small drying jobs. This small drying fan saves the user from hauling around heavier carpet air mover units. Voltage: 115V. Cycle: 60Hz
- Convenient and efficient - this carpet drying fan with Daisy chain capability enables users to connect up to 5 air movers while using just one outlet. This allows the user to operate more equipment while creating a dynamic drying Vortex
- Reliable - durable long lasting roto molded housing reliable air mover, we stand by our product with a 5 year housing Warranty. Attached cord 10 ft 14 AWG
- Portable and stackable - this lightweight unit is stackable and perfect for use in crawl spaces, cabinets, closets, or any other cramped area you may need to dry
Don't know how to remove a faucet? Do it just like how the plumbers do. This will require you to crawl under the sink, so get ready to get down and dirty. First, shut off all the valves to cut off the water supply to the faucet. Look for the retaining nuts that secures the faucet and remove them. Next, pull the faucet underneath the sink and through the mounting holes. It's that easy. Check a more detailed instruction on removing the faucet here.
The mechanical devices that use a system of links and levers to move a drain stoppers up and down is called a pop-up. This actually helps seal the toilet bowls and sinks. Click here to know more about how to properly fix a pop-up stopper.
A clogged sink is problematic, but you can solve it easily with this nifty trick. Grab a thin wire and make a hook at the end of it. Drop it down the drain and simply pull. This helps you get rid of hair, paper, and other solid objects that get stuck down a drain. If the drain is big enough, you can use a wet/dry shop vac to get rid of clogs. Check out more clog-removal tips right here.
Yes, they are different and not just because the other name has one more letter in it. CPVC pipes are a lot tougher and more durable than PVC pipes. Know the difference between these pipes and more here.
- 25 FOOT COIL is ideal for many drains found throughout the home. Capable of reaching into the bathtub, sink, toilet, and more
- ALL IN ONE: Unlike some drain augers, which require a drill for proper use, the P4001 has a built in motor that extends and retracts the auger
- TWO DRIVING MODES: Auto-Feed pushes the cable forward while cable clamp mode keeps the cable locked in place to bore through tough spots
- INCLUDED FEET keep the vibrating tool from scuffing up your floor or counter in addition to keeping a stable base for more efficient work
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Works with Ryobi One+ 18V Batteries including the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
It's actually risky to overtighten, compared to undertightening, your supply lines because it can destroy your rubber seals. Click here to know more.
Here is a video tutorial from eHow at Home on how you can fix leaking PEX pipes:
You don't need to call a plumber to fix minor plumbing issues. As long as you remember these plumbing tips, you can solve the problem yourself or try to minimize the damage before professional help arrives.
Click here for more DIY home projects.