Ready to make the most epic 4th of July recipe of all time? This DIY hot dog fireworks recipe has been a BIG hit at my parties before, so I just had to share the homemade hot dog recipe with you! It's so easy and fun that folks of all ages will love eating this grilled treat while celebrating another great year of Independence & Freedom in the good old USA!
DIY Firework Hot Dog Recipe For the 4th Of July
- Hot dogs
- 1 can Croissant or breadstick rolls (in a can or homemade)
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC) – Or fire up the grill
- Skewer your hotdogs
- Cut dough into 1″ slivers (or open can)
- wrap dough evenly around hot dog
- Bake for 15 minutes
- While baking, cut your cheese with a star shaped cutter. This can be done with a knife as well.
- Remove hot dogs from oven
- Top skewer with cheese star
- Serve and toast to the 4th of July!
And that's how you make the most Patriotic Recipe ever! Here are some visuals to guide you. Check out the complete video at the bottom and share with your friends!
Skewer your hot dogs
Wrap dough around hot dogs
Place in oven or on grill for 15 minutes at 375ºF
Cut out your cheese stars. This can also be done with a knife.
Take your baked dogs out of the oven and top the skewers with your stars.
Happy 4th of July!
Watch the video below and share it with your friends on Facebook!
How are you celebrating the 4th of July? If you try this recipe out you have to let us know how it went. I know your friends and family will love it just as much as mine do.
Looking for more 4th of July Ideas? You have to check this out: