Diy home decor doesn’t have to be expensive, small yet cost-effective changes can make a major difference in your home. Read more as we share some great tips to spruce up your home!
DIY Home Decor Tips That Make Your House Sophisticated
The home is supposed to be where your family feels safe, where they spend quality time to relax and unwind. Sometimes though an unattractive space can actually preventing you from getting the relaxation you need. Today we’ll share some useful DIY home decor tips to enhance your space and create a more beautiful and relaxing environment.
1) Organize Your Baking
From a cupboard with baking conversions on the inside. You never know when you’re going to forget how to split 1/3 of a cup.
2) The Blackboard Refrigerator – DIY Home Projects
Painting the refrigerator with blackboard paint is a great way to make an organizational area to post important reminders. You can also opt for Blackboard stickers if you don’t want to paint your fridge.
- This eye catching RED, SILVER & BLACK wall art accent, Moment of Truth, by Jon Allen, is the perfect complement for your contemporary, modern, or traditional home décor. Original metal artwork comes to life in natural light or under gallery / track lighting for dramatic effect.
- This four piece set of metal wall art measures 51" x 12" with 1" spacing between panels. Each panel measure 12" x 12", and can be featured as shown or arranged in a variety of unique configurations.
- The art arrives ready to hang with pre-installed brackets for simple installation. The brackets "float" the artwork about 2 inches off the wall for added depth. The aluminum artwork is lighter than other metal artwork you may have handled before.
- Designed, created & packaged in our Florida-based Statements2000 studio. This original piece of artwork is signed by the artist and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- This three dimensional metal wall decor can be displayed in any room in your home. It looks terrific under natural light, and dazzles when featured under track lighting. This is an original handcrafted art piece. Jon’s love of all things abstract with influences like Chihuly are present in many of his compositions. You’ll also notice his love of clean, balanced, modern design and similar to elements of Frank Lloyd Wright’s architecture.
3) Command Hooks
You can use these just about anywhere. In bathroom cupboards to hang up flatirons or curling irons, in the kitchen to hang coffee cups or coats, anywhere you need something hung command strips do the trick.
4) Rustic Bookshelves
Nothing screams sophisticated like rustic pieces in a clean, neutral colored room. Create a bookshelf out of crates and you can move and shape them any way you want.
5) What about the small stuff?
Storing small things like watches and rings can be difficult, if you don’t have DIY skills that is. Take a look in the your kitchen you can create a jewelry holder similar to this one by using old cups and saucers.
- STATEMENT PIECE - Instantly updating the look in any bedroom, this headboard for full beds makes a sophisticated statement in any space it sits thanks to stylish characteristics and an elegant design
- FABRIC HEADBOARD - Perfect for a guest room or teenager's bedroom, this upholstered headboard is covered with quality polyester fabric granting a luxe linen texture all over
- TUFTED HEADBOARD - Showcasing a structured pattern, the tufted design allows for a chic look. The stunning yet subtle details of this full size headboard make it a piece that never goes out of style
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION - Made with durable fiberboard and plywood, this full headboard is sturdy for night after night of peaceful use. Dense foam provides supportive comfort on this padded headboard
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT HEADBOARD - This upholstered fabric headboard has seven height adjustable mounting positions for a customizable look that attaches to most full bed frames
6) Magnetic Spice Rack
Spices are difficult to organize in a cupboard, adding a magnet to the top of a small mason jar allows you to place your spices on a slab of metal in your kitchen, for easy access and organization.
7) Laundry Room
With a simple rustic looking board across the washer and dryer and some blackboard paint you can turn your laundry station into a sleek looking space.
8) Making a Pallet Wall
Sprucing up a room can be as easy as standing slabs from a pallet and adhering them to the wall. They look rustic but at the same time, new. Check out Cape27blog for a DIY instructions.
- Customize your Military Dog Tags by clicking the 'Customize Now' button!
- This set comes with 2 Stainless Steel Dog Tags, 2 Stainless Chains (27" & 4.5") and 2 Tag-Z Brand BLACK Dog Tag Silencers
- The available characters are: Capital letters A – Z, Numbers 0 – 9, & , . - / ( ) @ * + ! ? “ : ; $ #
- The font and alignment will look like the picture on the listing.
- The letters are all capital letters. Both tags will be the same, just like a military set.
9) Fill up The Walls!
One of the biggest issues with decorating is that the walls are usually bare. Make some artwork, hang it up, make some shelves and put pictures you love on them. Make your home yours.
10) Hanging your towels
A simple wooden ladder leaned against a wall is a great place to store towels, along with the rungs. Check out this one from Funky Junk
11) Revamping your Dishes
You never want to use bland dishes when you’re hosting guests, some mod podge, tissue paper and acrylic sealer can take care of that issue though. Apply the tissue paper with mod podge, and spray the sealer while the dish is upside down.
12) String Art
No matter what room, a series of nails and some multi colored strings you can create just about any design, from leaves, to flowers, to animals and initials this addition makes your home brighter.
13) Paper Flowers
Either made of old book pages or white paper flowers can easily be made and adhered to just about anything, making your home appear clean and sophisticated.
14) Decorate with Christmas Lights
This DIY home decor tip is one of the easiest on the list. Thread white Christmas lights across the ceiling of any room to light up the night.
15) Make a Coffee Station
A coffee station, with jars for coffee, sugar and any other amenities, set it up in a small place in your kitchen.
16) Convert a Dresser – DIY Home Projects
Take an old dresser and revamp it into a beautiful bookshelf like this one from Ella Clair, or anything else you can think of, match the colors and let your new piece shine.
17) Do it Yourself Bed Frame
Using wood and pallet crates you can create some pretty stunning bed frames, which is one of the best do it yourself decor items you can create. Check out this beautiful piece from Shanty 2 Chic
Written definitions either from the dictionary or your own made up ones are cute and special, a great way to warm up a space.
19) Do It Yourself Decor – Fire Bowls
Usually best for a porch or patio these fire bowls are woodless and are wonderful additions to any home that make you appear super sophisticated. The Garden Glove has an easy diy tutorial on their website.
20) Sunburst Mirrors DIY Home Project
This little DIY Project just needs wooden pieces, glue, and a mirror. This sunburst design makes for a radiant little mirror appear quite refined.
21) Do It Yourself Home Decor Ideas – Bookends
Making bookends is pretty simple and makes your bookshelf stand out as clean and simplistically sophisticated. Check out this tutorial
22) Glass Terrarium
These tiny terrariums are quaint and settle neatly into any background and any room you may put them in.
23) Do it Yourself Bedskirt
A DIY bed skirt is he perfect solution for concealing anything stored underneath your meetthequinlans has a super simple velcro tutorial you can view on their blog.
24) DIY Cork board
Using glued on wine corks you can build a stunning, this slightly rustic looking corkboard makes a stand while still being simple. All you need to create this DIY home decor piece is a board and lots of wine corks!
25) Charge Basket
Adding a small pouch or basket to an common outlet to charge your phone allows your phone to be in a more accessible position, and makes your home appear clean and efficient. Take a peak at this pretty pink option from Allyou
26) Coffee Tables – Do it Yourself
There are hundreds of different ways to build your own coffee table, but with a little clear resin, and a few pieces of interesting looking wood, you can really tackle the split table look. Or if you have trees in your yard, create a cool table from the tree stump!
27) River Stone Door Mat
These mats and carpets are made of smooth stone, a smooth layer of stone on your feet is a feeling like no other, one your guests will appreciate.
28) Floating Shelves DIY Home Decor Ideas
Floating shelves are amazing additions to the home, just make sure they’re not in the middle of the room so no one hits their head.
29) Do It Yourself Macrame Rug
It’s not hard to make these rugs. They’re simple, and can be made just by using your hands.
30) Blackboard Menu List
Making this list is as simple as grabbing blackboard paint, regular paint, and an old frame large enough to write on with chalk.
When it comes to updating your home it can seem like a daunting task. To make your home feel like home, and to be able to impress your friends and family you should be ready to invest in these little tricks. Which one are you going to try first? You can check out this home decor blog too for more decor inspirations.
I hope these DIY Home Decor tips were helpful; share your feedback with us in the comment section.