Q-tips Holiday Hacks
With just a few days left until Christmas, procrastinators around the country are scrambling to wrap up (pun intended) their holiday errands. If the weather outside looks frightful, you might want to skip an extra trip to the drug store and see if some last-minute odds and ends — like wrapping gifts or finding the right holiday rcard — can be done with stuff already lying around your house.
Believe it or not, you can use Q-tips for binds just like this. Yep, the cotton ear swabs have some intriguing “off brand” applications!
DIY Holiday Card | Q-tips Hack
1. Start by picking a festive word and font. Print and cut out your word to use as a stencil.
2. Next, place your stencil on top of cut construction paper then dot glue inside the stencil, using a Q-tips cotton swab to spread the glue evenly.
3. Sprinkle glitter on top of glue and carefully remove the stencil, shaking off any excess glitter.
4. Finally, use a Q-tips Precision Tip or cotton swab to clean up the edges and it’s ready for delivery!
DIY Wrapping Paper | Q-tips Hack
Need some last minute wrapping paper? All you need is some paint, hot glue, and Q-tips cotton swabs.
1. Take a Q-tips cotton swab, dip it in paint, then dot or draw on paper.
2. Repeat with multiple colors for beautiful and personalized gift wrap.
Buff Away Shoe Scuffs | Q-tips Hack
If you’re out and about at a holiday or New Year’s Eve party and see a dreaded scuff on your patent leather heels, try this style hack.
1. Dip a Q-tips cotton swab in Vaseline and buff out scuff.