Mason jar crafts are a great way to breathe new life into items that might otherwise be tossed in the recycling bin.
Perfect for Halloween, these darling pumpkin candy jars are made from mason jars and old candle sticks — and can be assembled in five easy steps!
Want to make trick-or-treaters smile extra wide this year? Put your candy in these adorable, easy-to-assemble pumpkin candy jars and you’ll see visible delight.
This mason jar craft will also give you an opportunity to upcycle any old drawer knobs or finials you’ve got lying around.
Let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- Mason jar with lid
- Candle stick stands
- Drawer knobs or finials
- Black spray paint
- Orange paint
- Gloss paint
- Super glue
1. Before you do anything, plan out what you want your jar to look like. Choose a candlestick and finial that will fit the jar (and looks good!).
2. Spray paint the jar lid, candlestick and finial/knob. Feel free to use any Halloween-themed color that appeals to your designer eye.
3. Mix together equal parts clear gloss varnish and orange acrylic paint. Pour the mixture into the mason jar. Swirl around to coat the entire inside of the jar. Then pour out excess paint and let it dry.
4. Use a Sharpie or permanent marker to draw a jack-o-lantern face on the jar. Go silly, cute or scary — the choice is yours!
5. Once all the painted pieces are dry, use super glue to adhere the finial/knob and candlestick to the jar. Let the pieces dry completely. Now you can fill your jar with candy & treats!
Voila! Now you’re trick-or-treater ready.