Here we have an incredibly simple survival kit that you can make at home that covers the essentials of survival and and could very well save your life if you are ever stranded out in the wilderness with nothing but this kit and the clothes on your back.
Most everything in this kit can be found in your very own house. Here are all the instructions for putting it together.
Supplies and Tools You Will Need:
- 1 Box of Small Wooden Matches
- Duct Tape
- Empty Pill Bottle
- 2 Safety Pins
- Neosporin Ointment
- 2 Advil
- 1 Razor Blade
- 1 Fishing Hook
- 1 Fishing Weight
- Aluminum Foil
- Cotton Balls
- 3 soda straws
- Needle and thread
- Clear tape
You can find all of these materials at your local grocery store. Once you have collected all of these materials lay them out in front of you. First, before you pack your mini survival kit, you will need to prepare a few things from the items above.
Things You Will Need to Make from Your Items:
Mini Fire Starter Straws:
1. Take your soda straws and cut them into one inch pieces.
2. Take one piece of cut straw and hold it on one end by the pliers, with 1/8 inch exposed.
4. Using your stick to get it inside, place cotton in the straw. Use as much as you can fit, but make sure to leave some room in the straw to seal it later.
1. Make these using the same steps as fire starter straws above, but instead of cotton, you fill the straw with salt. Seal same way as above.
1. Make these using the same steps as fire starter straws above, but instead of cotton, you fill the straw with Neosporin. Seal same way as above.
Cut out the part of match box that you use to strike a match. This is your match striker.
Now its time to organize your items and place them in to your pill bottle.
- 3 Mini Fire Starter Straws
- 1 Neosporin straw
- 1 Salt straw
- 3 Matches
- Match striker
- 3 Feet of duct tape
- 2 Safety pins
- 2 Advil
- 1 Birthday candle
- 1 Fishing hook
- 1 Fishing weight
- 1 Razor blade
- Fishing line
- Aluminum foil
- Needle and Thread
Tips and Tricks:
Here are a few tricks for a few of the items you will be placing into your pill bottle.
The duct tape can be rolled onto itself so that it can be unrolled easily. Just lay your piece flat and start slowly rolling it up, making sure that the edges are lined up.
The fishing line can be rolled onto a straw or a bobbin for easy storage without tangles and getting everything else tied into its web.
The razor blade should be placed into the bottle with a small piece of tape over the edge so that it does not poke or cut any of the other very valuable pieces inside the bottle.
Wrap the thread around one of your straw pieces to keep it from tangling.
And there you have it! Your very own fancy Survival kit that you can fit into your pocket that may very well save your life.
Check out my ultimate mini-survival kit and no assembly required. Shop for it here.
Like this post?
Be sure to like us on Facebook (button below) so you can be the first to know about latest project updates as well as great DIY articles.