Want to learn how to make a flower arrangement? If you believe you are a florist at heart but struggling to create a perfect flower arrangement, just follow these tips! You’ll be arranging your own gorgeous blooms in no time.
Gorgeous Flower Arrangement Tips & Ideas for Beginners [Infographic]
Creating your own flower arrangement is fun and easy! Check these tips and ideas to artfully arrange flowers and have a creative display. This could be your next DIY vase project.
A special shout out to Fix.com for this amazing infographic.
DIY Flower Arranging for Beginners
Your Florist Toolkit
- Rubber Gloves
- Knife or Clippers
- Flower Shears
- Floral Foam
- Floral Tape
- Flower Preserve
Prepping Your Flowers
- Remove thorns by using a sharp knife or clippers
- Remove any excess leaves
- Cut stems at a 45-degree angle
Basic Flower Arrangement
- Place larger flowers in the center of the arrangement
- Fill in extra spaces with foliage
- Smaller flowers can be placed around the perimeter of the arrangement
- Add flower preserve to water to keep your arrangement healthy longer
- Use floral foam or floral tape to hold your arrangement in place
Don’t get overwhelmed with your first arrangement. Always remember practice makes perfect! Try to use other containers other than glass vase or a pot, just make sure that these containers are thoroughly clean.
Did you find this helpful and interesting? Let us know below in the comments.