Easter has arrived, and so have the Easter Bunny Rolls!
DIY Easter Bunny Rolls
With spring comes the warm weather, the bright colors, and the holidays. Easter is right around the corner. So as your hiding the eggs, getting the marshmallow shaped birds and bunnies, don't forget to try some new things for your Easter party! I'm not sure about you but I love bringing new things to the party, and this DIY Easter Bunny Rolls recipe is sure to get your Aunt Debbie talking!
These little Easter Bunny Rolls are great for decorating the spread on your table for Easter. Use them as little stuffed treats before the meal, or just to place on the table as decoration, the options are endless.
Here's what you will need:
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- Put the butter, the sour cream and the water into a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. Cool to lukewarm and then add the remaining ingredients. Put in a kneader (or use the attachment on your mixer if you have one, or if you wanna have fun knead it yourself). If thick add more water.
- Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or a silicone baking mat and cut the ears with kitchen shears. (Make sure to round the ears or they will come out pointy).
- The eyes can then be put in, use pepper grains or similar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
If you want to try this with your favorite roll recipe, try it! Look at what some of these people did with their DIY Easter Bunny Rolls!