DIY winter wedding ideas are not simply for keeping within the budget for the big day. With easy step-by-step instructions, these winter wedding ideas can make preparations a much more memorable experience. I can just imagine working on DIY winter wedding centerpieces over steaming cups of cocoa with my best gals.
Then, on your big day, these handmade touches will only add charm to your dreamy winter wedding. That’ll certainly be one for the books! Read on for 21 unique winter wedding decoration ideas that will add both meaning and personality to your big day.
21 Romantic Winter Wedding Ideas | A DIY Guide
1. Hot Chocolate Bar
- Thick, 24-gauge steel
- Rounded corners with holes for easy hanging
- Recommended for indoor use only
- Ships in Ploy-bag for complete protection
- This sign measures 16" x 12" (400 mm x 300 mm)
2. Gold Wire Wreath
Play up the holiday spirit with gold wire wreaths. The winter greens enhance the holiday vibe while the gold wire adds a subtle touch of class. Here’s how to make one.
- VERSATILE - This glittery 23" wreath with flexible branches and warm white LEDs is a the perfect decorative indoor accent piece for hallway, living room, or kitchen.
- WARM & INVITING - The 42 soft, yet bright white LEDs are perfect to light up spaces meant to be cozy and inviting. | Color temperature: 3000K (Neutral White).
- BATTERY POWERED - Powered by a battery box for decorative versatility. Each battery box requires 3 AA batteries (batteries not included) | 2 ft. Clear Lead Wire | Product Dimensions: 23.5"D x 5" (Deep)
- AUTO TIMER - This wreath includes a convenient 6-hour timer option. When switched to the timer option, the wreath with remain on for 6 hours of illumination. The wreath will resume lighting at the same time each day until manually switched off (or the batteries burn out).
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - LampLust is looking for your satisfaction. Please contact us through seller messages for all questions or concerns. This Lighted Glittering Christmas Wreath has a 90-day Limited Warranty.
3. Pine Cone Candle Jars
4. Christmas Chandelier
Add a touch of whimsy to your wedding with some spruce, wires, and wool. Making it is easier than you think! Tutorial over here.
- GREAT QUALITY CRYSTAL FIXTURE, fantastic modern chandelier features a wonderful design and is beautifully dressed with brilliant crystals. amazing light up your house by this contemporary pendant light.
- Size:Diameter 20 inch X Height 71 inch,Bulb Type:GU10 X 9,Max 50 Watts (Bulbs Not included) , Voltage:110V - 120V, Compatible with many kind bulbs: Dimmable Blubs, Energy saving bulbs, Led Bulb,Halogen Bulbs etc.
- Packed is security, This Crystal Chandelier is absolutely FABULOUS!It will well worth the time and effort.
- High-end Luxurious Beautiful rainfall design, sparkles from every angle, Gorgeous chandelier!!! highly recommend this to anyone who have the house with high ceilings and stair etc.
- Stocked in Amazon warehouse and fulfilled by Amazon to guarantee FAST DELIVERY & QUALITY!
5. True Paper-Whites
Fresh flowers during the winter are hard to come by. True paper-whites, on the other hand, are budget-friendly but equally pretty. Check out this tutorial to learn how to make them.
- "OCCASIONS" Linen Feel White Paper Napkins. Ideal for weddings and special events.
- Dinner Size, 16'' x 16'', comes square folded in 4
- Includes 120 napkins
- High Quality, Thick and Absorbent, strong even when wet!
- Made out of 100% natural plant Fiber. Compostable material.
6. Ornament Place Cards
How about these for a handmade touch? Kosher salt is used to make fake snow with this DIY idea. Pretty nifty, right? Here’s how to make ’em.
- Set of 36 includes matching place cards
- The outside of the clear, snow-globe ornament is adorned with white, flocked snowflakes
- Inside the globe is “drifting” snow
- Ornament measures 3 ½” high with place card
- Without place card, ornament measures approximately 2” high x 1
7. Pine Cone Fire Starters
These fire starters not only smell deliciously yummy, but also look totally Instagram-able on a wicker basket. Check out the tutorial here!
- Color cones change any fire's flames to beautiful blue and green hues for a fun special effect
- Toss one into a fireplace, fire pit or campfire and watch a rainbow of colors appear in the flames
- Each coated pine cone creates a myriad of blues and greens for up to 10 minutes
- Cones come in a decorative burlap sack and are made in the USA
- Contains hours of color-changing fun and makes a great gift
8. Elegant Candleholders
These candleholders use air drying clay for their basic shape. You can then customize them with gold, silver, or whatever color you fancy. I like to use a combination of different metallic colors! This is how they’re made.
- STUNNING DESIGN: Nickel plated aluminum gives a durable finish and shine. Features jeweled globes, crystal drops, and curved branches.
- CHIC CENTERPIECE: This candleholder adds ornate beauty to tabletops and dinner settings. The classic look gives venues and occasions a wow effect.
- 5-CANDLE BRANCHES: A candlelit dinner sets a soothing mood. The 5 arms fit all standard sized candles and tea lights. Set at different heights, they create a pleasant visual appeal.
- THE RIGHT SIZE: At an elegant height of 24", this candelabrum won't be a hassle. You can now converse across the table. Or, add it to a food display. It won't be in the way of any treats.
- INDOOR AND OUTDOOR: Put the finishing touches on dining tables with a piece of glamour. Design and decorate exquisite tables for indoor or outdoor parties or weddings.
9. Knitted Ring Bearer’s Pillow
Of course, a list of DIY winter wedding ideas can’t be complete without a ring bearer’s pillow. See these instructions for a pillow that will add coziness to your big day.
- Materials: Satin, Lace, Ribbons and Brooch.
- Color: Ivory
- Ring Pillow Size: 7" x 7" (17.8 x 17.8 cm)
- 100% Handmade and High Quality Only by Alex Emotions
- Made in USA
10. Mini Snow Globe Favors
Mini slow globes are totally endearing. You can customize them with your guests’ names, table numbers, or just a cheeky message! Here’s the tutorial.
- STRONG HEXAGONAL GLASS is food grade and dishwasher safe. Available in 7 different color lids, each 1.5 oz jar is 1.75 inches wide, 2 inches tall and holds 45 ml, equivalent to 7.5 tsp. or 2.5 tbsp, ideal for storing samples or gifts
- 24 SMALL CONTAINERS WITH LIDS offer exceptional value, protectively packed into a divider box for safe shipping. Airtight and spill proof, the canning jars’ white lids screw onto each jar securely and are easy to open
- VERSATILE SMALL CLEAR JARS hold custom spice blends, herbs, baby food, jam or jelly, wedding party favors, spices, honey, cosmetics and homemade candles. Ergonomic hexagon shape makes for convenient and efficient storage
- LABEL SHEETS INCLUDED make it easy to mark the glass storage jars’ front with contents or lid with date, so you never have to guess how old food is. 24 rectangular labels for sides of jars and 24 circular labels for lid tops
- FULL REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE comes with each bulk glass containers set. While our tiny glass jars are well packaged sometimes accidents can happen. If any jars arrive damaged, simply contact us for a full refund or fast replacement
11. Tea Tin Favors
Here’s the perfect giveaway for the chilly weather! There’s nothing better than a warm cup of tea after a night of celebration. This one is sure to be hit. Instructions here.
- Perfect for tea and spices, candies, candles, crafts, wedding or shower favors and gift packaging
- Add magnets and make them perfect fridge magnetic spice tins!
- Lids with clear window make it easy to see the contents inside
- Great for crafts and storing small parts like glitter, buttons, beads, etc.
- Dimensions: 2.4" width x 1.4" height
12. Rosemary Wreath Place Cards
DIY winter wedding ideas don’t need to be complicated. Believe it or not, this project only requires four materials. Tutorial over here.
13. Shimmery Candles
Looking for a way to add a touch of glam? These shimmery candles are the easiest way to put some shimmer to your decor. Click here to learn how.
- Description: Set of 3 wax brushed silver flameless candles with an intricate geometric design. Each flameless candle has 1 bright Warm White LED. These candles are a beautiful addition to any Party, Dinner Table, Living Space, or Wedding. Great for Christmas too, these candles are the perfect decorating prop during the holiday season.
- Realistic: These LED Silver candles will remain cool to touch even after hours of use. They are a great addition to any home with children or pets. The high quality wax, unique design, beautiful warm glow and realistic glow allow these lights look almost identical to a traditional candle.
- Remote: Each set of candles includes a 6 function remote allowing for a preference-tailored experience. Functions include: ON/OFF, 4Hr/8Hr Timer, Steady On/Soft Glow.
- Dimensions: (One) 3"D x 4"H, (One) 3"D x 5"H, and (One) 3"D x 6"H. || Battery: Each Candle requires 2 AA (1.5V) Batteries (all batteries included). || LED Color Temperature: 2200 Kelvin (Warm White).
- Warranty: LampLust is looking out for your satisfaction. If you have any questions, issues or concerns please contact us and we would be more than happy to assist. The set of 3 Silver Geometric Candles have a 90-day warranty.
14. Paper Flower Wall
This paper flower wall is sure to be a hit on social media! You can experiment with different colors and floral shapes. The possibilities are endless! Instructions here.
15. Golden Nugget Photo Holder
I don’t know about you, but I love sharing my favorite memories with friends and family. These photo holders make a great addition to your tablescape. Click here for the tutorial!
16. Wine Bottle Centerpiece
Here’s another way to add a festive mood to your reception. You can change up the color of the lights and the faux yuletide baubles depending on your wedding’s theme. Check out the step-by-step guide.
17. Glass-Etched Votive Candle Holders
Planning to have a winter wonderland wedding? Add a few snowflakes to your celebration minus the cold with these. Here’s how.
18. Rustic Hydrangea Centerpiece
Don’t you just love hydrangeas? I certainly do! The best part is that they’re available all year round. That’s what makes them a great choice for a winter wedding. Learn how to use them for a truly wonderful centerpiece here.
19. Plaster-Dipped Flower Votives
These plaster votives add a wintry elegance to your wedding. What’s more, they’ll make a great conversation piece among your guests! This is how you make them.
20. Wax Paper Backdrop
21. Glittery Gold Centerpiece
Honestly, is there anything more suited to a winter wedding than glitter and gold? Check out this tutorial for this fabulous gold centerpiece.
It’s not a wedding without lots of flowers! Check out these winter wedding floral tips for a truly stunning ceremony: